Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Installing Fullsac Baffles on 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 147451 times)

cola

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Installing Fullsac Baffles on 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »

I'm following you, I'm doing mine this weekend.
Mike

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2008, 08:40:40 AM »

I'm following you, I'm doing mine this weekend.
Mike

Make sure you clean up the outlet end, I went in and cut the pipe on the left  a little and cleaned it up so I would have a better "divider" in the back. You'll see when you get there...Cant' wait to get mine back today I won't have it on the Dyno till this weekend sometime because of work and  while I have mine down, off comes the  cam cover and in goes a " Baisley Spring", best $12.95 you will ever invest in a Twin Cam, bumps the Oil Pressure up about 15%, I think it quiets 'em down a little but most importantly you will have good O.P. at a hot idle.... All Good>>>>P.M. me if you need any assistance>>>>Greg     
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2008, 08:43:50 AM »

Make sure you clean up the outlet end, I went in and cut the pipe on the left  a little and cleaned it up so I would have a better "divider" in the back. You'll see when you get there...Cant' wait to get mine back today I won't have it on the Dyno till this weekend sometime because of work and  while I have mine down, off comes the  cam cover and in goes a " Baisley Spring", best $12.95 you will ever invest in a Twin Cam, bumps the Oil Pressure up about 15%, I think it quiets 'em down a little but most importantly you will have good O.P. at a hot idle.... All Good>>>>P.M. me if you need any assistance>>>>Greg     

Greg, did you check? I'm not sure you'll need that spring with these newer style oil pumps. That spring was designed for the earlier style OP's. Do they make a special one for the late model OP/camplate setup? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »

Okay gents, I think we need to get a little more scientific here.  We need to get someone to post their dyno results with mufflers and air cleaner and no change to the cc, someone with similar setup with upper half of the cc removed, and similar setup with the entire converter removed.  It will probably be difficult to find somone with the identical setup and each of the 3 cc situations, but it sure would answer some questions that we would all like to know.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2008, 10:06:40 AM »

Greg, did you check? I'm not sure you'll need that spring with these newer style oil pumps. That spring was designed for the earlier style OP's. Do they make a special one for the late model OP/camplate setup? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

NO, but I will call Dan today ...I'm basing that on OP Guage readings and my experience with the other pumps...I may be all wet here, let me get some additional info..Thanks...Greg

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:55 AM »

Okay gents, I think we need to get a little more scientific here.  We need to get someone to post their dyno results with mufflers and air cleaner and no change to the cc, someone with similar setup with upper half of the cc removed, and similar setup with the entire converter removed.  It will probably be difficult to find somone with the identical setup and each of the 3 cc situations, but it sure would answer some questions that we would all like to know.

The only question I'm going to answer is does make more power with all the Cat removed.... period end of report. Greg   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »

The only way that will be good/relative/compatible information is if all the bikes were run on the same dyno with temps and relative humidity the same. Different dyno's will yield different numbers for the same bike.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

I don't suppose we have anyone on this forum that has access to a dyno and the time to check it out.  All we need is someone to donate a stock exhaust when they switch out to aftermarket.  They could run with the stock pipes, then drill out the partial cc, run again, then get rid of the rest of the cc, and run again.  There would be our results on the same bike, with all other factors remaining equal...and a whole bunch of time eaten up by some kind soul...for the benefit of all of us around the world.  I think we would all find the results quite interesting.

I'm not saying that I have doubts that there would be some gains, the further the exhaust is opened up, but how much of a gain is the question that needs answered in order to determine just how far someone wants to go in the process.  Not everyone on here is going to be willing to do a lot of extra work to gain an unnoticeable 1 or 2 hp.  Some will do anything to squeeze every little bit they can, and others will be quite content with what they have if there isn't some sizeable gain.

If I am running with the partial cc removed, and it's proven that removal of the entire cc gets me from 92 hp to 93 or 94 hp, I don't think that I am willing to go to the work of cutting my exhaust pipe apart, removing the rest of the converter, and welding it back together.  If we are talking about another 5 to 8 hp, that might be enough of an argument to move more of us to action.

I would think that it would be much easier to get the pipes off a standard 09 model before cutting our apart.  There will soon be lots of stock systems sitting in peoples' garages once some of the aftermarket systems hit the market.  I'm assuming that the pipes off the 96" are the same size as ours, but just without the cc.  If not, then that shoots down my argument.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, Just got off the phone with Wes and he said,  As we know that the new pumps are much better with a higher volume. He said it sure wouldn't hurt anything , Texas summers, 100+ heat... Yea I'm going for it..... Greg.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »

Hoist, Just got off the phone with Wes and he said,  As we know that the new pumps are much better with a higher volume. He said it sure wouldn't hurt anything , Texas summers, 100+ heat... Yea I'm going for it..... Greg.

Just checking Greg. Didn't think it was necessary. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt anything in the current system! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2008, 06:30:02 AM »

In answer to your pic of the stock cores     http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28086.0;attach=92140   
My guess ( tell me wether i am right please ) :
The emisssions ( coming from the front ) streaming into the cores , through the first ( half ) part of the cores and then streaming out the cores ( at the point where they are pressed together ) then streaming ( outside the cores but inside the slip-ons ) around to the other side of the cores that the emission is able to stream into the second half of the core ( at the point where it is pressed together ) to flow through and then out of the core .
Is this right how i do see the flow ?????
When yes , wouldn`t it be effective just to put out the stock cores , remove the insulation and put in the stock cores again , just fixed with the help of a metal ring by the endcaps ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2008, 06:42:22 AM »

And how would this be a benefit? It's the baffles and Cat that is the obstruction, not the insulation. Actually the insulation helps direct the sound out the rear, If the insulation is removed then the sound will dissipate out the sides and rear.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »

I thought that ( without insulation ) you would have a little better flow ( faster ) and a little bit better sound because the insulation does slow down the flow . And no loose of horse power because no loose of back pressure ? And still " stock " exhaust , not visible at the first for the police and not really too loud ( for Germany ) .
OK , bore a hole through the catalyst in addition will make the flow more better additional .
But here in Germany the police controls the exhaust by putting a bar into the mufflers and if the bar goes inside and has no stop then they know that there is a manipulation .

Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2008, 07:10:01 AM »

hhmmmm. I'd move
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »

When I spoke with Steve from Fullsac, he told me to leave the insulation in, as removing it will cause for a tinny sound.

It sounds like, from your last post, that you are trying to find a way to modify the stock baffle, so that you don't have a problem if the police try to put a bar in your exhaust.  I don't have the answer, but I thought maybe that interpretation might help someone else come up with an answer for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.