Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Travel much? Bring your own glasses!  (Read 2538 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Travel much? Bring your own glasses!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:01:29 AM »

Somebody posted this earlier but still make me sick thinking about it.  Always us a sealed plastic cup now.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »

I've heard the bed spreads in motels are the most germ laden objects you encounter.  I always wonder what lurking in the mattresses themselves.  Was much better when I could camp in the younger years and sleep in my own 'sack'.  :) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

Yea, we dig up all the dirt here in Hotlanta. They did this under cover bit in November at a bunch of hotels, some really swanky ones too. The findings will make you want to :puke:

:indian_chief:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »

I've heard the bed spreads in motels are the most germ laden objects you encounter.  I always wonder what lurking in the mattresses themselves.  Was much better when I could camp in the younger years and sleep in my own 'sack'.  :) har!  spyder

Of course the bed spreads are the worst.  Guys like me sit on em while putting socks on!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »

Of course the bed spreads are the worst.  Guys like me sit on em while putting socks on!

ewwwwwww :nervous:

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:15:21 PM »

Oh man, I never want to stay at a hotel again! I've heard of this before, but didn't really pay much attention. My husband and I have done a lot of car shows, and to save on the costs of lodging, we put a futon in the front of our 20' trailer. Add to that a folding table & chairs, colman stove, portable BBQ grill, cooler, and outdoor canopy, you have most of the comforts of home. Since we got the bikes, we will be using the trailer for our long trips (as to Sturgis). Add to that a campfire and a few brews :drink:..........what more could you want?
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 12:22:29 PM »

We go to hotels lots.... I'm not going to view the link now because I'm scared of what's in it!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »

I heard it's the TV remote! :(

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »

I heard it's the TV remote! :(

And the phone too.

:indian_chief:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »

YUCK! Hotels should be ashamed of them selves. Everyone always gives me a bad time and say I am paranoid at least I am not getting their cooties except from the bed. I need to get off this, I stay in toooooo many Hotels.
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:30 PM »

Saw this news story before.

I fished bass tournaments for about 13 years all over the country.  Stayed is motels everywhere from really cheap to really expensive.  They are all nasty!...some worse that others.  My wife started carrying our own sheets & pillows everywhere we went.  We finally started traveling in an RV so we could take our own bed.

About the only time we stay in motel/hotel now is when we travel outside the country and can't take the RV.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 08:06:39 AM »

OK, we are all aware of the filthy nature of all the motels/hotels, lets not get started on the resturants.  How often do you see NO soap in the bathroom and wonder how the cook/food preparers washes his/her hands after using the bathroom?  It's more often than you want to admit.  And you don't want to go behind the doors to the kitchen and see what's going on either.   :o ewwww.  :nervous: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

OK, we are all aware of the filthy nature of all the motels/hotels, lets not get started on the resturants.  How often do you see NO soap in the bathroom and wonder how the cook/food preparers washes his/her hands after using the bathroom?  It's more often than you want to admit.  And you don't want to go behind the doors to the kitchen and see what's going on either.   :o ewwww.  :nervous: spyder
Spyder,
This is so true. One of our responsibilities as FF's is doing business inspections for fire hazards. This includes restaurants to check there hood extinguishment systems. Due to this requirement we spend a lot of time in the kitchens of these establishments. You would be surprised/sickened to see what goes on behind the closed doors of some of the finer restaurants. :nervous: :puke: My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to go out to eat and can't believe it when I tell her if you saw some of the things I did you wouldn't either.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »

Spyder,
This is so true. One of our responsibilities as FF's is doing business inspections for fire hazards. This includes restaurants to check there hood extinguishment systems. Due to this requirement we spend a lot of time in the kitchens of these establishments. You would be surprised/sickened to see what goes on behind the closed doors of some of the finer restaurants. :nervous: :puke: My wife doesn't understand why I don't like to go out to eat and can't believe it when I tell her if you saw some of the things I did you wouldn't either.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Oh yeah.  And it might explain a lot of the maladys that so many suffer from that are mis-diagnosed.  It's not just the Mickey D's and local greasy spoons, either.  Scary, actually.  But, you can't eat live off of road kill all the time.  :o har!  :drink: spyder
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.