CVO Technical > Drive Train

Installed a Hayden Tensioner....and Amsoil Primary Fluid.......

(1/4) > >>

dayne66:
...and now have a "rattle".
At Idle in neutral.....snap the throttle and it has a big rattle. Snap throttle again from anything above idle and no rattle.

Let it settle down to idle again ....and there it is again...the big rattle.

I have it apart now......the 3/8" 'gap' is only about 5/16" without shims on a 70k km chain.

This compensator only has about 3000 km on it.

Oil was quite black when I drained it before installing the Hayden...only 3000 km.

I have had a hayden years ago on another bike without issue....could it be the fluid (amsoil)?....or the fluid accentuated the compensator's failing again?

fastfreddy:
i have had same and other issues with the hayden .... went back to stock tensioner. also i have had 100% positive results with amsoil ... 47k on stock compensator and counting

Cvostu:
Hey Dayne. I had a bad experience with my Hayden tensioner on my 12sg3     caused some serious issues I remember. Luckily I had the repair covered under warranty. I would suggest the stock one if you need to replace. I had no issues after.   Stuart.

dayne66:
Thanks guys! Back to stock tensioner .....with Amsoil.

dayne66:

--- Quote from: Cvostu on July 11, 2020, 08:00:59 PM ---Hey Dayne. I had a bad experience with my Hayden tensioner on my 12sg3     caused some serious issues I remember. Luckily I had the repair covered under warranty. I would suggest the stock one if you need to replace. I had no issues after.   Stuart.

--- End quote ---
Did the dealer know you had the Hayden installed? My dealer would probably deny the claim! If the "rattle" remains with the stock tensioner and Amsoil......I'll change the fluid back to HD and take it in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version