Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fuzzy Display on 16 CVO  (Read 4484 times)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Fuzzy Display on 16 CVO
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »

Sigh.  went to dealer where I bought the CVO.  Service told me "the installation of the new shield is too complicated to do on a saturday because we have never done one before".  Double sigh.
Never done one before???  Hard to believe none of the techs have never done a screen protector R&R before.  Guess none of them have ever applied a decal or paint protector film either.   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »

Never done one before???  Hard to believe none of the techs have never done a screen protector R&R before.  Guess none of them have ever applied a decal or paint protector film either.   :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Ain't that the truth... with there (so called) education, experience, support (IE: MoCo tech bulletins and support), and last but not least "instructions" they couldn't get it done makes you wonder. :nixweiss: :zstupid:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »

Do it yourself. It's a couple of minutes to get it done. 5 minutes tops including cleaning the surface after removing the old shield.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »

Sigh.  went to dealer where I bought the CVO.  Service told me "the installation of the new shield is too complicated to do on a saturday because we have never done one before".  Double sigh.

See if you can speak to the dealer and see if his attitude is as crappy as his employee's.  Since you just put over $8k in profit in his pocket, I would certainly hope he would value your business enough to make sure his service department doesn't jerk you around.  And since his people didn't want to be inconvenienced during your visit, ask if he would like to send someone to your house when it's convenient to you to either change the protector or take the bike back to the dealership to do it and then deliver the bike back to you.

These places make me sick to my stomach.  If they don't want to be in the service industry, which entails actually providing service, I'd like to suggest they go flip burgers at one of the gazillion burger joints springing up all over the place.  It doesn't take much brain power, but they would have to be smart enough to keep their hands off the cooking surfaces and out of the hot oil for the fries.  Some I've met over the years would have even failed that requirement.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 08:12:56 AM »

This specific dealership has odd (friggin annoying) policies:
- must buy any parts you want installed from them\
- if we can't get it thru Drag, we won't buy it for you
- if you buy it...and want it installed here...you must ask permission AND pay a premium up charge
- we only repair paint issues that can be seen more than 5 feet away
I always try to stay with the purchase dealer for my first 2 years - makes warranty stuff easier.  But these guys are quickly pushing me away.
Sadly, in the DC area, if one has a warranty issue, the first question asked by the dealer is -- WHERE DID YOU BUY IT?  Oh, you didn't buy it here?  Then go back to where you purchased it.
Sigh

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 09:05:23 AM »

This specific dealership has odd (friggin annoying) policies:
- must buy any parts you want installed from them\
- if we can't get it thru Drag, we won't buy it for you
- if you buy it...and want it installed here...you must ask permission AND pay a premium up charge
- we only repair paint issues that can be seen more than 5 feet away
I always try to stay with the purchase dealer for my first 2 years - makes warranty stuff easier.  But these guys are quickly pushing me away.
Sadly, in the DC area, if one has a warranty issue, the first question asked by the dealer is -- WHERE DID YOU BUY IT?  Oh, you didn't buy it here?  Then go back to where you purchased it.
Sigh

So you bought the bike from them anyway?  I wouldn't stop in to buy a T-shirt from such a place.  The warranty isn't something a dealership can blow off btw, all franchised dealers must honor the manufacturers warranty regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.  But obviously that doesn't stop some places from trying to intimidate and screw over people.  The way people fix that is by complaining to the manufacturer and to any and all regulatory agencies that have any kind of oversight of the dealership involved as well as places like the BBB.  A few honest reviews on social media can also go a long way these days.  And the way you really fix it is by never spending another dime with that dealership while spreading the word to other potential victims.

Call H-D, tell them what the dealership is doing and saying, and insist they (H-D) arrange to have your defective product repaired or replaced under the manufacturers warranty with no further BS or inconvenience to you.  Consumers have a lot of rights these days, but you can't assume everyone will automatically play by the rules without any effort on your part.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »

So you bought the bike from them anyway?  I wouldn't stop in to buy a T-shirt from such a place.  The warranty isn't something a dealership can blow off btw, all franchised dealers must honor the manufacturers warranty regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.  But obviously that doesn't stop some places from trying to intimidate and screw over people.  The way people fix that is by complaining to the manufacturer and to any and all regulatory agencies that have any kind of oversight of the dealership involved as well as places like the BBB.  A few honest reviews on social media can also go a long way these days.  And the way you really fix it is by never spending another dime with that dealership while spreading the word to other potential victims.

Call H-D, tell them what the dealership is doing and saying, and insist they (H-D) arrange to have your defective product repaired or replaced under the manufacturers warranty with no further BS or inconvenience to you.  Consumers have a lot of rights these days, but you can't assume everyone will automatically play by the rules without any effort on your part.

JMHO - Jerry

Yup.  BTDT re the MOCO and regulatory agencies.  This dealer had the color AND price for me -- so purchase was an easy choice because they were the most accommodating of the 4 I tried.  And still to repeat, the dealers in this DC area are disintegrating rapidly as far as caring about the consumer.  Will keep yall informed.  THNX
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.