Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley Bluetooth Wired intercom question  (Read 8177 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Harley Bluetooth Wired intercom question
« on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »

Assuming the HD Bluetooth Module, wired helmet speakers to the bike.  Can the passenger talk on the phone?

can I mute mine withouth hanging up while the passenger is talking on the phone?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Harley Bluetooth Wired intercom question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 03:37:21 AM »

Assuming the HD Bluetooth Module, wired helmet speakers to the bike.  Can the passenger talk on the phone?

can I mute mine withouth hanging up while the passenger is talking on the phone?

/Bill

Sure can Bill. I do it all the time. The passenger headset acts like an extension phone. You and your BSR can talk away or either one can turn the volume down to mute and the caller will no longer hear you. I use it for work all the time and the caller never realizes I'm on the bike.

AJ

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »

thanks!

Sure can Bill. I do it all the time. The passenger headset acts like an extension phone. You and your BSR can talk away or either one can turn the volume down to mute and the caller will no longer hear you. I use it for work all the time and the caller never realizes I'm on the bike.

AJ
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »

If I can find one, has anyone put one on an '09?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 01:46:49 AM »

I don't think you will find a HD Blue Tooth module. Harley discontinued them around August of 2008. I haven't figured out why as these units are awesome and work very well. I'm hoping mine will hold out because i haven't seen anything that can come close to replacing. I have been watching EBay for a few months to see if i can nab and standby unit but no luck there.

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 06:48:08 AM »

I don't think you will find a HD Blue Tooth module. Harley discontinued them around August of 2008. I haven't figured out why as these units are awesome and work very well. I'm hoping mine will hold out because i haven't seen anything that can come close to replacing. I have been watching EBay for a few months to see if i can nab and standby unit but no luck there.

Charlie (Red Devil) was/is huntin' an XM unit for his FLHX, and we all know how expensive they are over the parts counter.  I suggested he try one of the motorcycle graveyards spread across this Great Nation of ours.  Wonder would you be able to pick up a spare Bluetooth unit that way?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

Charlie (Red Devil) was/is huntin' an XM unit for his FLHX, and we all know how expensive they are over the parts counter.  I suggested he try one of the motorcycle graveyards spread across this Great Nation of ours.  Wonder would you be able to pick up a spare Bluetooth unit that way?

I've tried about 6 of the major "graveyards" to no avail. Last time I checked, Glendale HD had the last known one in the country. Expect to pay for it though. Full list price, plus shipping, plus a transaction fee, plus mandatory CA Sales Tax no matter where it is shipped.

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »

I've tried about 6 of the major "graveyards" to no avail. Last time I checked, Glendale HD had the last known one in the country. Expect to pay for it though. Full list price, plus shipping, plus a transaction fee, plus mandatory CA Sales Tax no matter where it is shipped.

Well Shoot.  I can't think of anything else except to just keep an eye on eBay and occasionally check the graveyards to see if one is available.  Diligence will usually pay off in cases like this, though it might be a month of Sundays before it does.   :nixweiss:

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »

I heard they were good, and almost bought one, but then found out they don't work with a lot of phones, mine included.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »

I heard they were good, and almost bought one, but then found out they don't work with a lot of phones, mine included.

Should have bought it. I have yet to see a phone that is Bluetooth compliant that did not work. Features such as the phonebook may not work, but the phone will still call out and answer. For instance, my Palm Treo 755p phonebook will not show up but the speed dial numbers are there.

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

Should have bought it. I have yet to see a phone that is Bluetooth compliant that did not work. Features such as the phonebook may not work, but the phone will still call out and answer. For instance, my Palm Treo 755p phonebook will not show up but the speed dial numbers are there.

I guess this would be a "nice to have"........sorta like the NAV unit, but that ZUMO pretty much does everything I need it to do, and I never thought I could find a use for it until I bought one.  Now I don't think I could anywhere long distance without it.  Looks like I need to get a cradle and a power cable for the FLHR.  That thing is just too handy.   :2vrolijk_21:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, please, but I think the only functionality I'm missing by not having the HD Bluetooth module is the capability to talk on the cellular phone via the helmet headset.  Is that correct?  Thanks. 

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 11:24:23 PM »

I guess this would be a "nice to have"........sorta like the NAV unit, but that ZUMO pretty much does everything I need it to do, and I never thought I could find a use for it until I bought one.  Now I don't think I could anywhere long distance without it.  Looks like I need to get a cradle and a power cable for the FLHR.  That thing is just too handy.   :2vrolijk_21:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, please, but I think the only functionality I'm missing by not having the HD Bluetooth module is the capability to talk on the cellular phone via the helmet headset.  Is that correct?  Thanks. 

Yes. But because it integrates with the radio, all of the inputs come from one source. i.e. the AM/FM/XM/WB/CB/Intercom and phone all are controlled via the thumb controls on the bike and or radio.

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »

Yes. But because it integrates with the radio, all of the inputs come from one source. i.e. the AM/FM/XM/WB/CB/Intercom and phone all are controlled via the thumb controls on the bike and or radio.

Got it.  So that means if I had the HD BT module, the HK could be in any mode, and I could receive/make phone calls...........unlike my ZUMO, with which I must be in AUX just to hear directions and receive audible prompts of incoming phone calls.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »

Got it.  So that means if I had the HD BT module, the HK could be in any mode, and I could receive/make phone calls...........unlike my ZUMO, with which I must be in AUX just to hear directions and receive audible prompts of incoming phone calls.

Correct.

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 12:41:34 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.