Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley Bluetooth Wired intercom question  (Read 8176 times)

olli

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: Harley Bluetooth Wired intercom question
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

For my Ultra 2008 I purchased from Kennedy Tech (www.cellset.com) an Amp Module Kit and harness to connect my Garmin 2860 into HK system. I paired my cell phone via bluetooth into Garmin. All works good :)(except a just hearable buzz from Garmin while screen light isn't at minimum). I hear HK (radio, int, CB,..), Garmin prompts, phone calls via HD headset. Phonebook is visible in the touch screen of Garmin and I can make and get calls by touching the Garmin.
My fellow have Zumo 550 installed into same kit and there is no buzz at all!
And Garmin bluetooth accepts any cellphone with BT ;)

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »

i have the harley blue tooth unit on my 07, i love it.

but it does occasionally stop working - i have to unplug it & powercycle the radio & plug it back in

sort of a pita

to

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 10:56:19 PM »

but it does occasionally stop working - i have to unplug it & powercycle the radio & plug it back in

sort of a pita

to

Hmmmmmm.......not a very convenient characteristic for a convenience item.   ;)  I bet that gets old quick, fast, and in a hurry.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 01:57:46 AM »

sort of a pita

to

I have this happen occasionally as well. I have relocated mine in the TP with easy access to the harness. I just unplug / replug and all is well again.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »

I have this happen occasionally as well. I have relocated mine in the TP with easy access to the harness. I just unplug / replug and all is well again.

I installed mine under the fairing. But acknowledging problems some of you had with moisture, i sealed all possible points for moisture entry with RTV, including the connectors. I haven't had the occasional lock up problem you guys are talking about, I assuming disconting and reconnecting the battery will provide same results as unplugging the harness ??  :nixweiss:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 04:48:14 PM »

I installed mine under the fairing. But acknowledging problems some of you had with moisture, i sealed all possible points for moisture entry with RTV, including the connectors. I haven't had the occasional lock up problem you guys are talking about, I assuming disconting and reconnecting the battery will provide same results as unplugging the harness ??  :nixweiss:

Yes or just pull the Maxi fuse.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.