Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hidden Radar Detector With Front & Rear Jammers  (Read 7767 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Hidden Radar Detector With Front & Rear Jammers
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »

I'm not in the hidden category, but I run a Valentine 1 on a Techmount and it does the trick very nicely. Bikes are much harder to pick up to begin with so unless you're dealing with instant on, and you're the only one out there, you've got a big advantage. Laser, is tough with anything, but on a bike, you have to get pretty close before they'll get you.

While my ride is a little different with not having the fairing, the reality is, I would probably will stick with the bar or windshield mounted V1 when I finally move up to a SEUC. Having the front and rear capability and the stellar performance of the V1 really offsets the desire to have something hidden which will reduce the signal, especially to the rear. No matter how fast I'm going, I can get down to safe range with plenty of time to spare.

On the highways out here, cops very frequently haul ass and sneak up from behind which can be tough to pick up with our tiny vibrating mirrors. The rear protection and the arrows is an absolute godsend and has saved my behind many times!

I think across the board the fact is, with or without devices, you really have to learn how to look inconspicuous, leverage blockers, and watch and blend in with the flow of traffic to reduce your odds of getting nailed. And, if you're alone on the road, no matter what you're using, stay below 5 to 10 over, depending on the area. If there's no one in front of you, you're a sitting duck, and no amount of counter-measure will help much.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 05:57:13 AM »

:( :-[ :-X :'(

All True. 

hogasm

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »

:( :-[ :-X :'(

All True. 

Well nothing helps when you are going 40 over :coolblue:

isn't that true.....Howie

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16:42 PM »

Interesting!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 12:04:33 AM »

Well nothing helps when you are going 40 over :coolblue:

isn't that true.....Howie

A brother who's a cop or a REALLY good line of BS. The second one usually doesn't work either though! ::) :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »

Another ticket ah?

Are we talking about High Speed Driving Awards? Some folks display these things like a badge of honor. Say, where the hell is Hoist anyway?

djkak

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:02 PM »

I'm not in the hidden category, but I run a Valentine 1 on a Techmount and it does the trick very nicely. Bikes are much harder to pick up to begin with so unless you're dealing with instant on, and you're the only one out there, you've got a big advantage. Laser, is tough with anything, but on a bike, you have to get pretty close before they'll get you.

While my ride is a little different with not having the fairing, the reality is, I would probably will stick with the bar or windshield mounted V1 when I finally move up to a SEUC. Having the front and rear capability and the stellar performance of the V1 really offsets the desire to have something hidden which will reduce the signal, especially to the rear. No matter how fast I'm going, I can get down to safe range with plenty of time to spare.

On the highways out here, cops very frequently haul ass and sneak up from behind which can be tough to pick up with our tiny vibrating mirrors. The rear protection and the arrows is an absolute godsend and has saved my behind many times!

I think across the board the fact is, with or without devices, you really have to learn how to look inconspicuous, leverage blockers, and watch and blend in with the flow of traffic to reduce your odds of getting nailed. And, if you're alone on the road, no matter what you're using, stay below 5 to 10 over, depending on the area. If there's no one in front of you, you're a sitting duck, and no amount of counter-measure will help much.

Valentine detectors are the best on the planet in my book.

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »

Valentine detectors are the best on the planet in my book.

Gotta link?  Do you have one installed?  Pictures of it installed on your machine?  General synopsis of how it works?

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 11:47:04 PM »

Gotta link?  Do you have one installed?  Pictures of it installed on your machine?  General synopsis of how it works?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 02:17:24 PM »

Are we talking about High Speed Driving Awards? Some folks display these things like a badge of honor. Say, where the hell is Hoist anyway?

djkak

Sorry I missed the big party last night! My badge of honor would be having nothing to display cause I never get caught! One can have XMas wishes anyway!!! Too many badges of honor to even remember how many! This chit's been in my blood as long as I can remember. And way too much of a maniac to think about changing, especially after all this time. I think it's an illness! For the life of me, I can't go S L O W!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D ;)

Merry XMas and a Healthy and Happy New Year to you and the family dj , and all your lunatic riding buddies too! Keep the shiney side of them sleds up or ya might spill the soup!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 09:48:04 PM »

I'll snap a pic the next time I'm over there.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »

mrmagloo - I also believe the V1 is the best detector around (got my first one when I had a Vette and have not been without one since). I've been looking for ways to mount it to my SERK. I have an after market fairing, so a bar mount won't work and the small windshiled does not have enough slant in it to use the V1 windshield mount. Have you seen other options? Thanks.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »

Actually some of the bar mounts might work if you mount it near the controls.  I've got a chrome Tech Mount and I believe they have a number of different heights. Might want to check it out.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.