Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 1156 red bulbs  (Read 9281 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 1156 red bulbs
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »

Thanks Gary, but I'm not sure those will work. They appear to have a different head and I don't know if they will fit or not.
That's kewl. As I read more on that page I saw where they needed the equilizer.  :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 02:09:35 AM »

Thanks hard10 for the pictures.
I will check at the dealer to see if they have them.
If they don't I will go with the regular bulbs in red from ebay.
Thanks

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 03:51:47 AM »

Thanks hard10 for the pictures.
I will check at the dealer to see if they have them.
If they don't I will go with the regular bulbs in red from ebay.
Thanks

I may be in the area of my dealer this week. If so, I'll see if they have any more.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 03:52:20 AM »

I may be in the area of my dealer this week. If so, I'll see if they have any more.

Go to bed AJ.  Otherwise bulbs won't be the only thing still red in the morning.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 04:12:32 AM »

I originally went with the 1156 red bulbs under my smoked lens along with the Kuryakyn tail light/brake light connection, but guys riding behind me said they couldn't tell when I used a turning signal and they didn't think I helped myself by having red tail lights that were distracting from the brake light. So, I changed to the Kuryakyn LED lens. Much better.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 05:12:15 AM »

Go to bed AJ.  Otherwise bulbs won't be the only thing still red in the morning.

Whatcha tryin to say?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 07:14:17 AM »

Whatcha tryin to say?
Betcha AJ's peepers are resting now.....we'll await the 'redness' call later this morning.  :zzz: :wideeyed: :morningcoffee: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »

I used orange chromium bulbs with smoked lens on the front   ...    blocked the "run" connector with tape   ...   
                                    only lights up for turn signal ( orange )   ...   the rest of the time it is unlit but chrome behind smoke   ...
                                    looks like a small spot light

don't know if this would work on the back or not

thx
                                                                              wts
someday- today-will be the good old days

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

how about a http://customdynamics.com/ set up .I have had them in my flhx and just orderd a complete set up for the cuse4.They have complete set ups if you want.They are 48 super brites for each signal,and also has it for the tail light.THEY ARE BRIGHT and work great and they stand behind the products they sell.If any question ask,you can also email them and the owner dave will email you back,he checks his email up to 9 pm everyday.I can always get you a picture if you want

jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

Betcha AJ's peepers are resting now.....we'll await the 'redness' call later this morning.  :zzz: :wideeyed: :morningcoffee: har!  spyder

RED who said anything about red?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »

Just trying to stay on topic.  :apple: har... :drink: :huepfenjump3:..  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

how about a http://customdynamics.com/ set up .I have had them in my flhx and just orderd a complete set up for the cuse4.They have complete set ups if you want.They are 48 super brites for each signal,and also has it for the tail light.THEY ARE BRIGHT and work great and they stand behind the products they sell.If any question ask,you can also email them and the owner dave will email you back,he checks his email up to 9 pm everyday.I can always get you a picture if you want

jon

planenut

These look like what I have been looking for.  If your offer of a picture is still good I would like to see that.  I guess they would have the necessary load equalizer to go with those LED's.  I already installed the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake controller and can get a load equalizer that just plugs into that harness.
Have you had any issues with useing the LED's?

Thanks
gt

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 04:06:35 PM »

planenut

These look like what I have been looking for.  If your offer of a picture is still good I would like to see that.  I guess they would have the necessary load equalizer to go with those LED's.  I already installed the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake controller and can get a load equalizer that just plugs into that harness.
Have you had any issues with useing the LED's?

Thanks
gt

I was going to try and warn you about that. Have you ever ridden behind someone who has had one of these installed? I have ridden behind two of our members here at various GTG's. It is VERY difficult to see when the brake is applied because the light is so bright when in the running position. I had the HD module installed and removed it. This is one aftermarket lighting add on that I would not recommend.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 06:28:15 PM »

I was going to try and warn you about that. Have you ever ridden behind someone who has had one of these installed? I have ridden behind two of our members here at various GTG's. It is VERY difficult to see when the brake is applied because the light is so bright when in the running position. I had the HD module installed and removed it. This is one aftermarket lighting add on that I would not recommend.
planenut

I am most likely going to make it a turn/brake module and remove the run feature.

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »

Custom dynamics 48 bulb led repalcements are great. No load eqalizer if you only do the back. they also have a replacement for the Tombstone tail light . Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.