Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: iPod system??  (Read 1701 times)

Mlpklr

• CVO1: 2008 105th anniversary Edition Screamin' Eagle Road King
iPod system??
« on: January 03, 2009, 01:33:47 PM »

Anyone tried an iPod amplifier system on their ride. In the Feb. 09' Hot Bike Bagger magazine, article "Northwest Passage", guys got a system mounted with the 2" bullet speakers mounted where the turn signals normally are (relocated the turn signals to add 23" ape hangers).

Found the system here http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.asp?prodid=548965

I'm curious how 2" speakers would sound at speed. Considering 16" apes from Wild1 for my SERK, and these 2" speakers look pretty unobtrusive in the magazine article pics. Don't wanna waste my money if they sound like @#$% though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: iPod system??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »

Where's Howie?  That looks like part of what he's got on Cybil.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »

Anyone tried an iPod amplifier system on their ride. In the Feb. 09' Hot Bike Bagger magazine, article "Northwest Passage", guys got a system mounted with the 2" bullet speakers mounted where the turn signals normally are (relocated the turn signals to add 23" ape hangers).

I'm curious how 2" speakers would sound at speed. Considering 16" apes from Wild1 for my SERK, and these 2" speakers look pretty unobtrusive in the magazine article pics. Don't wanna waste my money if they sound like @#$% though.

I think that h-d mikey has this same set up on his wife's Fatboy trike never really paid any attention to it but you could pm him and he could tell you all about it.
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »

Here is a pic of it on her FatBoy sorry its the only one I have showing the sound system.
Click on the pic and you can see better...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:14:01 PM by bubba »
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Mlpklr

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »

Don't be sorry, Thanks! I PM'd h-d mikey and asked him about it.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »

I have seen them on a road king. It sounded ok with out the motor running and he said he was pleased with it. I would have to say that when you have had a bike with a sound system you might not be as happy with a 2 inch speaker compaired to a 5.25 inch speaker. I think this is where QUADZILLA comes in. Just my 2 cents.

Topper
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:32:47 AM by 49445CVO »
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Mlpklr

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

Never had a sound system on a bike, 2" is better than nothing maybe. Ridden with ear buds in, but had some "discrepencies" ;) with law enforcement officials I'd rather not re-live.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

Where's Howie?  That looks like part of what he's got on Cybil.

HeHe!!! Here I am! Yep, that's what's on the front of Cybil, sans the IPod Mount. I use it with a Zumo w/XM. You can't hear chit over 60 with these things. Look at the larger Spot Lamp speakers instead of the Bullet TS speakers. That might help. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't! ;)

Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »

ive used a similar system on a friends Dyna....  company out of KCMO i think......excellent product and reasonably priced......  they offer a volume control which would be important at stop lights....

Page created in 0.55 seconds with 21 queries.