Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone make a chrome/billet handheld CB microphone mount?  (Read 1682 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Anyone make a chrome/billet handheld CB microphone mount?
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:17:34 PM »

Looking for something along the lines of the GPS and Ipod mounts.  Has anyone seen these anywhere?  I couldn't find it in the forum anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:39:30 PM by 1abastarsmda »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Anyone make a chrome/billet handheld CB mount?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »

Looking for something along the lines of the GPS and Ipod mounts.  Has anyone seen these anywhere?  I couldn't find it in the forum anywhere.

You have a built in CB, why would you want a hand held unit? Or are you talking about the bracket that holds the microphone? I bought one already chromed off ebay and added chrome screws to it.

Is this the one you are referring to?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

Yes, I'm looking for a chrome CB microphone mount for the handlebars.  I don't suppose you know who you got it from on Ebay or who made it?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »

Yes, I'm looking for a chrome CB microphone mount for the handlebars.  I don't suppose you know who you got it from on Ebay or who made it?

I had to go and look at a pix of it. It is not chromed (please don't tell Chip  :o). What I did was buy all chrome hardware for it but the plate is still black.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

Re: Anyone make a chrome/billet handheld CB microphone mount?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:52:05 PM »

I've been looking all over for one of these and can't find one.  It's actually for a friend of mine that doesn't have a computer.  I'm trying to help him find a good looking setup for it and if he can find a good way to do it, then I can quickly duplicate it on mine.  I'm wondering if any other mounts will work for it (like ipod mounts, or something).  I haven't had one of these in my hands to look at how they actually mount.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »

I've been looking all over for one of these and can't find one.  It's actually for a friend of mine that doesn't have a computer.  I'm trying to help him find a good looking setup for it and if he can find a good way to do it, then I can quickly duplicate it on mine.  I'm wondering if any other mounts will work for it (like ipod mounts, or something).  I haven't had one of these in my hands to look at how they actually mount.

It's just two plates sandwiching the handle bars. Pretty simple setup. BTW, thanks for helping me spend another $40 on getting mine chromed.  >:( ;D 8)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:51:37 PM »

No problem.  It's easy helping others spend their money.  But I just helped my friend save some.  I just talked to him and he has an 08 Ultra and he had ordered the GPS to go in his stock radio.  I told him not to get it and explained how it worked.  He's cancelling that tomorrow.

So what are you going to do...get the bracket chromed somewhere?  He and I just talked about that, if no other ideas come along.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »

No problem.  It's easy helping others spend their money.  But I just helped my friend save some.  I just talked to him and he has an 08 Ultra and he had ordered the GPS to go in his stock radio.  I told him not to get it and explained how it worked.  He's cancelling that tomorrow.

So what are you going to do...get the bracket chromed somewhere?  He and I just talked about that, if no other ideas come along.

Yup. I found a guy down in Pompano Beach, FL that I wanted to try out. This seems like the perfect item to experiment with. After it's done, I'll let you know.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »

Appreciate it.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.