Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaker Pods for Tour-Pak  (Read 5275 times)

Clarkem54

• CVO1: 2009 CVO FLTRSE3 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
Speaker Pods for Tour-Pak
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »

I bought a pair of Harley speakers pods for my Tour-Pak off of E-Bay and am trying to find someone who might have the mounting temp plates. These are the newer speakers 2006 and later and have a different bolt pattern than earlier speakers pods. I have the older temp plates from a 2005 install but they don't work with newer speakers, old temp plate - part numbers 94449-04 & 94447-04.

By chance anyone have the newer temp plates? Thanks

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
Re: Speaker Pods for Tour-Pak
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »

Hmmmm, interesting.  When I bought the speaker kit for my bike (advanced audio system) it came with the templates you mentioned.  I have them in front of me here.  You might want to check the year of the speaker boxes, they might be much newer?? than 06.  The Harley part # should be molded into them, or are they aftermarket, like Hog Tunes or??  Just my thoughts

Good luck

Brad

Clarkem54

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 04:05:06 PM »

Brad,  just checked my speakers and the right one RH is part #HD76397-06 and the left one LH is part #76352-06. They are  "true" Harley parts. The temp plates I was sent are 94449-04 R and 94447-04 L and now looking at the Harley Instruction sheet, -J03653 these temp plates go with speaker pods 76288-06 R and 76287-06 L. The bolts holes on my speakers are way off. It thouhgt these speakers came off of a 2008 Ultra Tour-Pak, bike parted out after accident, the pods look brand new and are in great shape so they have to be fairly new. Thank for looking at your temp plates. Harley will not open up a new set in stock for me to look at the temp plates, go figure. Still looking, do not want to try and drill the Tour-Pak with out the temp plates, thanks. Marty

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »

You should be able to have a dealer print them, out for you.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

Marty, the templates and instruction sheet you have are included in the HD Boom Audio Rear Speaker Kit, p/n 77155-06, p. 622 of the current P&A catalog.  The fitment information provided states the speakers are for '06 and newer touring models.

A possible explanation for the difference in hole location is that the pods you have are from a premium leather tour pak used on '06 and '07 CVO Ultras which definitely have a different hole pattern than the pods used on '06 and newer Ultra tour paks.  I'm pretty sure I have the part nos. for those premium leather tour pak pods since I sold a set on ebay several months ago (and specified they were from the prem. leather tp in the listing).

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

Marty, these are the part nos. for the pods I sold that were from an '07 CVO Ultra premium leather tour pak:  left pod, 76601-07A; and. right pod, 76397-06A.  It appears the pods you have are from a premium leather tour pak which would explain the difference in the hole pattern on your pods and the templates you have.  Don't know if there is a template for the pods you have since the premium leather tour pak comes with holes already there; no need for a template.

Carl

Clarkem54

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 07:49:25 PM »

Carl, now I am even more confuse than ever. The pods I bought off of Ebay look brand new, when I got them I was ecstatic at their condition but ever since I got them I can't find the temp plate. Your numbers are different even from mine so now I am stuck, any ideas?  thanks for the post. Marty

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »

Marty, sent you a PM.

Edit:  Marty's pods were from an '07 premium leather tour pak and the mounting screw pattern on them is different from the CVO/Ultra tour pak speaker pods; i.e. the pods for the premium leather tour paks are different from the pods used on the CVO/Ultra tour paks.  Turned out he bought the pods from me on Ebay in October; the listing said they were from an '07 CVO Ultra with the premium leather tour pak.  I'd sold the prem. leather tour pak shortly before listing the pods and the guy didn't want the pods.  Marty bought them; the premium leather tp buyer changed his mind; and, when Marty decided to sell the pods, I let the tp buyer know, and he bought the pods from Marty for the same price Marty paid. 

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:33:43 PM by Harleypingman »

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.