Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trek Bike Mount for Garmin  (Read 1090 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Trek Bike Mount for Garmin
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

Hey all,

Here's a great mount for the casual GPS user. I was looking for a way to mount a Garmin for the occasional times I may want to use a GPS. My problem is that I did not want a mount on the bars the rest of the time it was not being used. I also did not want to risk scratching the chrome taking a metal bracket on and off. I found a great mount that was designed for mountain bike use that pretty much goes on and off like a big zip tie. I ordered it even though the specs say it was for tube diameters that were slightly smaller than my handlebar diameter. Well I can tell you it was worth the risk - it fit and holds perfectly. The best part it is does not mar the bars at all and it comes off easily. It is mostly plastic and may not hold up under years of abuse, but at $16 I would just replace it at the first sign of potential failure.

Here's a sample pic of it attached to a mountain bike handlebar and a link to the amazon page where I got it. The black and orange color looks great on the FLSTSE as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EUCWQK/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Mike V.
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: Trek Bike Mount for Garmin
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

Looks simple enough, like to see a pic with it on the bike.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.