Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 660 Mounting options for SERGU?  (Read 1897 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: 660 Mounting options for SERGU?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »

I have an 09 RG that  I relocated to the fairing. I'll try to get some pics for you.

Great, thanks, I look forward to seeing your ideas
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »

Just saw this thread and it made me think (admittedly not always a safe or frugal occurrence).  What about right over the radio?

The automount sits up there nicely (I just discovered).  It won't actually stick there as the surface isn't flat enough for the suction cup.  But using the automount isn't really what I was thinking about though. 

I placed a 660 on the automount and moved it around up there.  It clears everything nicely.  It would also be below line of sight for riding, still in a good viewing position but out of the weather and wind protected by the windshield. 

Using Garmin's motorcycle mount cradle and this automount as a guide (or even a donor piece) fabbing something up to mount permanently in that location and building a nice fiberglass enclosure around it to blend in with the fairing shouldn't be that tough a job.  Something to consider.....

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »

Just saw this thread and it made me think (admittedly not always a safe or frugal occurrence).  What about right over the radio?

The automount sits up there nicely (I just discovered).  It won't actually stick there as the surface isn't flat enough for the suction cup.  But using the automount isn't really what I was thinking about though. 

I placed a 660 on the automount and moved it around up there.  It clears everything nicely.  It would also be below line of sight for riding, still in a good viewing position but out of the weather and wind protected by the windshield. 

Using Garmin's motorcycle mount cradle and this automount as a guide (or even a donor piece) fabbing something up to mount permanently in that location and building a nice fiberglass enclosure around it to blend in with the fairing shouldn't be that tough a job.  Something to consider.....

I will have to see what that looks like.  I'm thinking that may be too much of a distraction sitting there, but I will set it up there and see?  I wanted to avoid drilling or marking up the inner fairing if possible thats why I am siding with relocating the gauges and maybe using that mount where the current gas gauge is located.  It would be perfect if I could fit it in from the reverse and fill the gauge hole, and then get some radio brackets and figure a way to secure the mount from behind.  This is cool too because you can completely conceal the wire?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »

I wanted to avoid drilling or marking up the inner fairing if possible

Completely understand.  I can come at that from a slightly different perspective only because I've got a spare inner fairing.  The old 2000 red SERGs had a really really rare flat red inner.  Rare enough that it seems not even all the bikes got them in production as have seen a few with the standard flat black.  They're hard to tell apart.

I'd never cut or drill that inner fairing.  But I've got a spare that I keep saying I'm going to paint to match the midnight red that is the standard color on the outer fairing.  If I could mould in a nice mount in that location on that fairing and then have it all painted to match would do that in a heartbeat. 

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:54 AM »

I found 1 picture last night of my GPS mount. I removed both the air temp gauge and the fuel gauge and relocated the fuel gauge to the where the air temp gauge was. I had a flat washer made to the inside diameter of the gauge and fastened a swivel mount GPS holder to it. It's made by leader motorcycle products. www.leadermotorcycleproducts.com  If I get a chance I'll try to get some more pics for you.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »

Did they make the mount for you?  How did you secure it in the gauge hole?  This is exactly what I want to do, just got to figure best way so I don't have to damage or do anything irreversible to the inner fairing.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »

Rio. I sent you a pm.  THE MUFFMAN
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.