Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrade speakers/amp on 2011 CVO street glide  (Read 2719 times)

tkatler

Upgrade speakers/amp on 2011 CVO street glide
« on: December 25, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »

I wanted to get better sound out of the bike but don't want to lose any storage in the bags.  Has anyone just upgraded the stock speakers/amp and was it worth it?  If so, what products did you use?

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Upgrade speakers/amp on 2011 CVO street glide
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »

You will find a ton of great info on here.  Just do a search and you will find out about Hawg Wired, Hogtunes and so much more.    I have the howg wired amp 120 watts, and it works great with Polk audio 51/2" speakers.   But you get a whole lot better than that.    Start reading.   :2vrolijk_21:

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »

I wanted to get better sound out of the bike but don't want to lose any storage in the bags.  Has anyone just upgraded the stock speakers/amp and was it worth it?  If so, what products did you use?
I started with just upgrading the stock speakers to Hog Tunes. A bit of an improvement in sound quality but still not enough. My next step was to add an amp (3 actually) in the fairing, add two more speakers and go all Hawg Wired speakers (still all in the fairing). Huge improvement and still looks stock. You could stop there and we completely satisfied with the sound. I went a little overboard, caused by cabin fever is suspect, and started to fill the saddle bags with stuff. But man that bike rocks now  :orange:

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »

Because of the 1 ohm speakers, amp, and unique SESG2 audio wiring, there's nothing that will be plug and play among the variety of aftermarket products available.  Send TIF2 (Rich)  a PM with your phone number and he'll be an outstanding resource.

Carl

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.