Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My Install/Review - Hybrid Audio i57-2 Drop-in Lid Speakers for H-D lids  (Read 15753 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

I've been surfing around the various HD websites such as this one in an attempt to help me decide what speakers I should purchase for my HD speaker lids.  I was leaning towards one of the following:

1.  Modify a pair of 6x8/5x7 speakers to fit
2.  Hawg-Wired drop in 5x7 speakers
3.  Biketronics 6x9 Titan II (HAT made) speaker kit for HD lids
4.  HAT i57-2 5x7 speakers

At first I was leaning on the HW speakers, but they will not be from their ZX line.  They were supposed to be released in February, but I have not heard anything from them.  Then I was leaning towards the 6x9 Titans kit from Biketronics.  I was leaning this route, but was concerned with the amount of bag space I would lose.  So I've been waiting to hear updates on the HAT 5x7 drop ins.

Your review and pics sealed the deal for me.  I just placed my order.  I just will wait for a while before I install my lids.  Or I will hack up a cheap set of 5x7/6x8 and install them for a while if they take longer than estimated to ship.

Thanks for helping me spend more money on my bike.....

The Hawg wired 5x7 speakers will be here any day...they are awesome and are the same drivers / voice coils as the ZX line.  I have a set of pre production units in mine that rock!

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8

The Hawg wired 5x7 speakers will be here any day...they are awesome and are the same drivers / voice coils as the ZX line.  I have a set of pre production units in mine that rock!

Jim, are you able to divulge the price range of the HW 5x7s, or are you sworn to secrecy?

JuicedHD

In my email correspondence with Hawg-Wired, they stated that the 5x7's will have the DX ratings.  They said that speaker ratings will be the same as the DX 6.5's but with frequency response similar to the ZX line. 

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon

Jim, are you able to divulge the price range of the HW 5x7s, or are you sworn to secrecy?

Honestly don't know for sure yet but expected to be in the 280 range......

Sorry Rich....did not mean for jack your thread with this info....by the way, great review on the speakers.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG

Rich,

as usual great write-up and thanks for continuing to forge the path for us others.  I will keep close eye on this thread.  I have now changed the fronts but will want to do bags too. 

Ted

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom

I just placed my order with with McMaster.   I ordered the stuff Rich will be using,, be here Monday.    Where are those HATs?

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond

I don't know about anyone else, but I am a fan of these HAT speakers.  Have Unity 6.5's in the fairings, Imagine 6.5's in the lowers, and the RF's in the saddle bags.  Took the wheel for the first real spin since the system was put in and all I can say is wow.  At 80 MPH I could hear crystal clear.  I really can't wait to get the saddle bag HAT's.....

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond

Also, I may be getting ahead of myself, but I ordered the HD gaskets for their 5x7's speakers figuring if they were the same dimensions as the new HAT 5x7's.  They were less than 5 bucks so if they don't work I will go with the McMaster stuff I got too.  Just figured they would be pre cut to size.  The part # is 76000274
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:29:15 PM by JMazz44 »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD

^^

Good thinking ... let us know how they fit.

I LIKE IT!!!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

ducatidesmo

Now aren't the 6x9 Biketronics Titan's that replace the 5x7's HATs also?

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.58 seconds with 21 queries.