Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Good deal or not so good?  (Read 10120 times)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
Re: Good deal or not so good?
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 08:56:30 AM »

I'll play the "voice of reason" here  (well ... as much as I can   :drink: ).

It certainly IS a good deal, but even the GREATEST deal doesn't mean it will fit into a person's financial plan or goals. Sounds like your present bike is paid for, and that makes your bike a VERY good bike indeed! (lol)

I mean ... if I got offered a new Bugatti Veyron 16.4 for $650K that is certainly a SMOKIN' deal (they are upwards of $1.5M list).
Doesn't mean it would make sense for me (financially) to get it.

If the monthly payment of the new SESG doesn't hamper anything financially then I would already have done the deal!!!

Just sayin' ....
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 01:24:51 PM »

Wine her and dine her, then take her to pick out the new kitchen. Whatever it takes to get the deal done. :nixweiss:

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »

If the CVO Street Glide was available in 2009 would you have bought it? If you would have then look at it this way, you were given a 09 Street Glide to ride for a year until your CVO came in.     :2vrolijk_21:      IMHO I would go sign the papers for the 2010       :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

Wanna ride

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

YOU'RE MAKING US CRAZY! GO BUY THIS BIKE AND POST PICTURES, SOON! :)

Preflight

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 11:46:29 AM »

If the CVO Street Glide was available in 2009 would you have bought it? If you would have then look at it this way, you were given a 09 Street Glide to ride for a year until your CVO came in.     :2vrolijk_21:      IMHO I would go sign the papers for the 2010       :2vrolijk_21:

Yes I most likely would have bought a CVO S/G if it were available in 2009.

I took the wife (and my two little girls) out to dinner Saturday night. During dinner I asked her if she liked the picture I sent her of the CVO S/G. Her response was “don’t tell me you plan on buying it!” Though it’s never a pleasurable experience, at least she knows my intentions. Though my enthusiasm is temporarily clouded from the verbal bashing I took, I still feel committed to getting the bike. With the worse behind me (I think), I can focus now on the things I need to do to prepare for the trade, such as removing my Vance & Hines Slip-On’s and a few little goodies.               

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

I took the wife (and my two little girls) out to dinner Saturday night. During dinner I asked her if she liked the picture I sent her of the CVO S/G. Her response was “don’t tell me you plan on buying it!” Though it’s never a pleasurable experience, at least she knows my intentions. Though my enthusiasm is temporarily clouded from the verbal bashing I took, I still feel committed to getting the bike. With the worse behind me (I think), I can focus now on the things I need to do to prepare for the trade, such as removing my Vance & Hines Slip-On’s and a few little goodies.               

You can always tell her to buy it for you, if she doesn't like the idea of you buying it.   :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 11:53:18 AM »

You can always tell her to buy it for you, if she doesn't like the idea of you buying it.   :nixweiss:
I like the way you think... just don't know if I could live through it. :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 12:43:33 PM »

Nov. is right around the corner.  So what color is your new bike and what's the deliver date?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Preflight

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »

Nov. is right around the corner.  So what color is your new bike and what's the deliver date?

Spice Rum on or about Nov. 13

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 01:35:12 PM »

So................................ does that mean you went through with it..   :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

Preflight

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »

So................................ does that mean you went through with it..   :nixweiss:
I've done everything I can do at this time. Everyone who's in the need to know is informed, including the General Manager and Finance Dpt.  I'll be in touch with my sales guy and he’s going to call me before the bike actually arrives. The bottom line is that I have been told I have first grabs, but when the call comes I have to get my buns down there and put ink to paper. They haven’t asked for a deposit because I’ve been told a deposit is not binding anyway. They also know this will be my 3rd bike from them in roughly 3 years. I guess I’ve earned my place in line.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »

Sounds good, I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

Congrats in advance.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »

If one bike leaves and another takes it's place Maybe she will never notice?

then on the other hand My wife noticed when I changed black jackets, both harley not much difference

both in great shape, ithought I had it made................Wrong

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Preflight

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »

If one bike leaves and another takes it's place Maybe she will never notice?

then on the other hand My wife noticed when I changed black jackets, both harley not much difference

both in great shape, ithought I had it made................Wrong

This makes me laugh because I did exactly that once already and it was worse than the time I brought home a bike without telling her about it first. Ya I had a 2002 Suzuki SVS650. I bought it because I wanted to see what the Sport Bike thing was all about. When I reached the point of trying to push the bike further than it was designed for, I knew it was time to step up a few notches. I bought a blue Yamaha R-1, same color as the Suzuki. Thought she wouldn’t notice the difference. It took a week but she eventually caught on. I couldn’t possibly attempt that again. Besides even she would see the difference between my current 09 S/G and the new one. The only approach I had was to tell her in advance what I WAS GOING TO DO. This may not be the best approach and I don’t advise it, but with my little lady regardless of how I would approach her, if it had anything to do with motorcycles the end result would be the same anyway.
Some times you just have to run through the fire to get to the other side!         

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »

Some times you just have to run through the fire to get to the other side!         

Yep
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.