Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Good deal or not so good?  (Read 10108 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Good deal or not so good?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »

Sounds like our wives are on the same page.
It is not that she hates the bikes, she just doesn't want anything to do with them.
She has ridden a half dozen times and seems to enjoy it, but want nothing to do with the so called lifestyle.
So I can get away with adding some bling to the bike without much fanfare. (not much you can really add to a CVO though)
Got away with engine mods (real hard to see).
Some bling here and there, it does add up.
She noticed the 3rd exhaust, hard to hide those 2 into 1 systems especially from the back.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:30:12 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 06:02:36 PM »

Here my story, she bought me a new 08 Fatboy for our 25th. I really wanted an Ultra but I love the fatboy. So when the 10's rolled out I said I think I may want to trade up to the Ultra, now keep in mind she thinking standard and I'm thinking CVO. I never had the trade in mind so I told her that I could not get the number to work for a trade so we would just have to keep it. This is were I had to turn my bell tones DOWN. Dame woman got pissed, and then when she found out about the CVO thing well lets just say somebody happy at my house, and yes it ME.  :orange: :orange: :pepper: :pepper: :cherry: :pepper: :pepper: :orange: :orange:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

This makes me laugh because I did exactly that once already and it was worse than the time I brought home a bike without telling her about it first. Ya I had a 2002 Suzuki SVS650. I bought it because I wanted to see what the Sport Bike thing was all about. When I reached the point of trying to push the bike further than it was designed for, I knew it was time to step up a few notches. I bought a blue Yamaha R-1, same color as the Suzuki. Thought she wouldn’t notice the difference. It took a week but she eventually caught on. I couldn’t possibly attempt that again. Besides even she would see the difference between my current 09 S/G and the new one. The only approach I had was to tell her in advance what I WAS GOING TO DO. This may not be the best approach and I don’t advise it, but with my little lady regardless of how I would approach her, if it had anything to do with motorcycles the end result would be the same anyway.
Some times you just have to run through the fire to get to the other side!          

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

A couple days before you take delivery give her a few $100 bills and tell her to go shopping.  It works better than the plastic, for some reason. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »

A couple days before you take delivery give her a few $100 bills and tell her to go shopping.  It works better than the plastic, for some reason. :nixweiss:

Yea,, and probably cheaper in the end too..   ???

KarlG

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2003 FLHRSEI (gone)
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »

Yea,, and probably cheaper in the end too..   ???

Yes, much.
First God created women; then Satan created plastic.
Current:
2010 FLHTCUSE5
2008 Ducati 1098S
2005 BMW K1200S

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »

I wish I knew what I did so I could pass it on, my wife said to me one day " I think you should get a new bike, just don't tell me how much you spend" well I was putting my order in before she finished. :huepfenjump3:
Hawg

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »

I wish I knew what I did so I could pass it on, my wife said to me one day " I think you should get a new bike, just don't tell me how much you spend" well I was putting my order in before she finished. :huepfenjump3:
Does your wife have any sisters. LOL.  :-*
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2009, 05:11:40 AM »

This discussion reminds me of this ad......Ouch

2011 FLHXSE2

Preflight

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2009, 10:33:16 AM »

I can see now why I'm going to fit right in here. There’s a common denominator among us; we apparently have the same disease! The fact that a relativity small number of us are willing to spend big for a limited edition motorcycle lumps us together. We see nothing wrong with owning more than one bike and very likely will buy or trade up for a new one every couple of years. My guess is that most of us here have lost track of how many motorcycles we’ve had in a lifetime. When I had an R-1 I wasn’t satisfied until I had a MV Agusta. So it’s no surprise to me now, that I lust over Harley CVO’s.
What’s humoring me is the similarity in tactics many of us share in order to have what we desire. If it were possible I’d park my baby next to my bed, hug my wife in the morning and jump on my bike. My wife doesn’t have a particular dislike for motorcycles, she feels like she’s competing with them. The truth and reality is that she’s right! Though she’s possibly unaware of it, if push came to shove she would ultimately win; but not without a courageous standoff. Not unlike many of you, I have used every angle I could think of for justifying a new bike; safety aspects, creature comfort, resale value and one of the latest ones, “I’m not getting any younger”. I no longer try to convince myself that “This will be the last bike I buy for a long time”. On the other hand, I don’t see any other bike I would rather own now or in the foreseeable future; but I guess I measure the future in months and not years. What separates us apart from the rest isn’t a matter of who wouldn’t want a CVO Harley, but to what extent are we willing to go to own one.   

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »

This discussion reminds me of this ad......Ouch

That is too funny
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »

Preflight, the other one that we all used is "this one doesn't need anything else....it already has everything!" :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Preflight

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »

Preflight, the other one that we all used is "this one doesn't need anything else....it already has everything!" :huepfenlol2:
I mentioned that to her while I was dodging bullets the morning after I broke the news to her. For now the lightning seems to be settling. However I’m not letting my guard down quite yet. After the initial storm there’s usually a pattern of another weaker system lingering off shore. There won’t be much talk about it for a while, certainly not from ME!
But I’m expecting the stink-eye for a while when the Eagle lands.       
 >:(

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2009, 09:19:29 AM »

Stink eye is a good thing for women. It makes them happy to see us squirm!
Preflight, you have made your wife happy without even realizing that you did so! :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2009, 06:36:49 AM »

Guilty here of that one!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2009, 09:25:39 AM »

I mentioned that to her while I was dodging bullets the morning after I broke the news to her. For now the lightning seems to be settling. However I’m not letting my guard down quite yet. After the initial storm there’s usually a pattern of another weaker system lingering off shore. There won’t be much talk about it for a while, certainly not from ME!
But I’m expecting the stink-eye for a while when the Eagle lands.       
 >:(

Yea, that's just a storm that we all have to take our turn getting through. :(

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.