Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here  (Read 60201 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »

Damn.  I hate it when I am outbidded by a savvy land acquirer. Of course I had budgeted $.12 an acre & had considered going as high as $.14 but @ $1 an acre, it is so far out of my league there is no point to continue a bidding war GR.  If any land in Kansas is worth more than $.10 an acre at current values, it would be very surprising to me since I have ridden through the corn fields of Kansas & seen corn & up ahead corn & then around the ONE corner in many miles, corn.  Then they also grow corn in other places & have quite a bit of corn land under cultivation for growing of corn and even more corn and of course they also grow corn.  The ocean front promised was why I would have bid as high as $,14, but a $1?  Wow.

Ahhh.  There is were you went wrong in your analysis.  You forgot about wheat!  Lots and losts of wheat.  Millions and millions of acres of wheat.   :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

Ahhh.  There is were you went wrong in your analysis.  You forgot about wheat!  Lots and losts of wheat.  Millions and millions of acres of wheat.   :huepfenlol2:

All I saw was corn & corn fields with corn & corn by products and then I saw some more corn.

The savvy investor would have noticed the wheat & obviously I was blinded by corn.

Perhaps the mountain ski slope type land in Kansas is more affordable than beachfront?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bamaserk

Dyno Tuning done today
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »

Just to share the experience.  2008 SERK and I just put the Bud 7s true duals (no crossover), with the stage 1 SE kit.  My H-D shop spent 4 hours on the Dyno tuning her with the ("old") race tuner.  She made 95 Hp and 112 TQ.  TQ peaked at about 3.5K, very good trace (can't post the chart right now).  Very happy with the way she runs, no heat issues and the Bubs sound bad-a$$. 

Brett
Brett
08 SERK

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2008, 06:10:56 AM »

I went to Lancaster, Ca. to visit Antelope Valley HD dealer. One of the techs is a young man with some family in the HD business, and has years in himself. I will post the baseline, and subsequent posts will include a new cam bundled with a new "Mentor" type computer add on (similar to the "Alpha N Mentor"). The projected increases for this bundle run as high you can imagine. I am hearing 30%, but I don't believe it till see it. So, they are going to install in my brand new 2300 miles old 2008 SE RoadKing and check the results first hand; at no risk to me. No money, no deposits, no cost for labor or additional misc. costs. I have become a Guinea pig. I was a HOG up until I said "Okay".

Here is the baseline dyno....Current installed mods are RH TrueDuals, High Flow Air Intake Filter, SERT and a canned (semi custom) map. No tuning or SERT was applied for this baseline....

Mike K.
kona76
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:14:24 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »

I went to Lancaster, Ca. to visit Antelope Valley HD dealer. One of the techs is a young man with some family in the HD business, and has years in himself. I will post the baseline, and subsequent posts will include a new cam bundled with a new "Mentor" type computer add on (similar to the "Alpha N Mentor"). The projected increases for this bundle run as high you can imagine. I am hearing 30%, but I don't believe it till see it. So, they are going to install in my brand new 2300 miles old 2008 SE RoadKing and check the results first hand; at no risk to me. No money, no deposits, no cost for labor or additional misc. costs. I have become a Guinea pig. I was a HOG up until I said "Okay".

Here is the baseline dyno....Current installed mods are RH TrueDuals, High Flow Air Intake Filter, SERT and a canned (semi custom) map. No tuning or SERT was applied for this baseline....

Mike K.
kona76

Back to the shop earlier Friday. I had the new cam package installed: cams, SE adjustable pushrods and the "mentor" computer. I will be posting the outcome of the dyno test here later today. The SE RoadKing had a great feeling as a semi stock bike. Now, the power seems much more available: at 3000 rpms, 60 mph I grabbed some throttle and got some results unlike the weeks before. Much more torque according to my ass dyno. I'll be riding 70 plus miles to let the self adjusting "mentor" boot on board and start assisting the factory ECM.

The only possible drawback might be the #2 canned map downloaded after bolting on True Duals and the highflow intake. Because of the SERT installed and the download, a conflict might occur, however we will see.

Speaking of that, I found out the dealer used a HD filter for the highflow upgrade. What a rip off. I made the stupid assumption a K&N Filter would be used but, oh hell no, not for me.

So, today while at the Lancaster, CA dealer, I will upgrade the filter as well.

Total cost to me for Cams, SE pushrods, "mentor" computer, oil and labor...so far....is $100.00. I kicked that down to the mechanics who did the install.

If all is well today, I'll end up spending more on the K&N filter than on the cams package!! Now, that's a bargin and a half  (so far that is)......

Mike K.
kona76
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2008, 12:28:47 PM »

Hi Mike

Looking forward to hearing your results. I still believe how she feels to you is the most important dyno!

JW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll keep saying it till it registers with someone.

PLEASE PRINT YOUR ET SHEETS The dyno shop is BSin you if they say they don't have it. It's part of the software.

A 110/110 motor that gets it all going in 3 seconds will absolutely STOMP a 125/125 motor that takes 6 seconds to get it going in a stop light to stop light race, a 1/4 mile whatever. If you're talkin a highway roll on with no particular distance limit, eventually you'll win, but not in what most people consider a drag race.

B B

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2008, 07:05:15 AM »

As promised, the second baseline after adding the New Cams, SE Adjustable Pushrods and the Alpha N Mentor type aftermarket computer.

Not exactly the numbers we were hopeful for. A gain in Horsepower of 5.98 and a torque decrease of -3.70.

The reasons for the small gains are numerous for now. I was told:
                1. The previous map downloaded via the SERT may have been blocking the test numbers.
                2. The gains estimated of up to 30% are based on a "totally stock 110" engine". I have RH True Duals, High Flow AC and a SERT.
                3. With only 100 miles on the computer upgrade, the air/fuel ratio already had some effect in correction. Therefore a greater distance in mileage may further the quest for performance numbers.
                4. That the SERT had not been tuned yet, therefore the "performance band" had not been narrowed enough yet for the aftermarket computer to truly take control and smooth it out.
                5. With a proper tuning using the SERT, a Solid Tuner and dyno test and another test after riding for a week or so would most assuredly perform up to estimated gains.

Please note I colored in the lines for viewing with Corel Paint Shop Pro. The lines were poorly scanned, and would not repoduce very well for this site.

Mike K.
kona76
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 07:08:20 AM by kona76 »

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

Got the dyno tune done today.  Never got a base line before mods from dealer since the changes were done along with a canned map before left the building.  The base line on the chart is from canned map.

08 SERK
Reinhart True-duals
Stage I A/C
at 1300 miles.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll keep saying it till it registers with someone.

PLEASE PRINT YOUR ET SHEETS The dyno shop is BSin you if they say they don't have it. It's part of the software.

A 110/110 motor that gets it all going in 3 seconds will absolutely STOMP a 125/125 motor that takes 6 seconds to get it going in a stop light to stop light race, a 1/4 mile whatever. If you're talkin a highway roll on with no particular distance limit, eventually you'll win, but not in what most people consider a drag race.

B B

BUMP

Do you guys not have a clue what I'm talking about, or do you ignore me on purpose ?

B B

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

As promised, the second baseline after adding the New Cams, SE Adjustable Pushrods and the Alpha N Mentor type aftermarket computer.

Not exactly the numbers we were hopeful for. A gain in Horsepower of 5.98 and a torque decrease of -3.70.

The reasons for the small gains are numerous for now. I was told:
                1. The previous map downloaded via the SERT may have been blocking the test numbers.
                2. The gains estimated of up to 30% are based on a "totally stock 110" engine". I have RH True Duals, High Flow AC and a SERT.
                3. With only 100 miles on the computer upgrade, the air/fuel ratio already had some effect in correction. Therefore a greater distance in mileage may further the quest for performance numbers.
                4. That the SERT had not been tuned yet, therefore the "performance band" had not been narrowed enough yet for the aftermarket computer to truly take control and smooth it out.
                5. With a proper tuning using the SERT, a Solid Tuner and dyno test and another test after riding for a week or so would most assuredly perform up to estimated gains.

Please note I colored in the lines for viewing with Corel Paint Shop Pro. The lines were poorly scanned, and would not repoduce very well for this site.

Mike K.
kona76
Mike, if the red is after tune, get a refund. Your bike wasnt running upto its potential before the tune and mods and now its running worse. The AFR is a problem both times.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »

Got the dyno tune done today.  Never got a base line before mods from dealer since the changes were done along with a canned map before left the building.  The base line on the chart is from canned map.

08 SERK
Reinhart True-duals
Stage I A/C
at 1300 miles.

Definately a nice improvement. Torque comes in nice and early and afr is looking better.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

jgandara

• johnny gandara
  • Ride today, rust tomorrow.

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Black/Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE2 Black Ice/Electric Orange, international
« Reply #162 on: June 09, 2008, 01:37:08 AM »

I run it stock on dyno and made 81.5HP/92.9TQ. Now with SE intake and K&N air filter, Rinehart true duals, SE257 cams w/adjustable pushrods and SERT it made 98HP/107.8TQ. I think is below average numbers with similar or less  components. Dyno was made in Hacienda HD in Scottsdale, AZ. Do you think I have to bring my bike with a more experienced dealer for take every HP hidden left on engine? Dyno was made at 1:26PM, 97 degree F. Thanks.
johnny gandara

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2008, 07:56:23 AM »

I think you should show them some of these charts and ask for your money back.  :soapbox:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »

I have had my bike on two dynos one said 130 hp 133 tq and I was happy,  Then I brought it a shop that specializes in tuning and now the numbers are 117hp and 116tq  and comes on way sooner and I will tell you the bike now goes much better?  The tuner says most dyno shops go up 10% in numbers so the customer is HAPPY with the new parts they bought and installed.  He also said he could give me a dyno sheet that had much higher numbers if i wanted but there not the real numbers. I guess what I am saying is the butt dyno don't lie don't and don't trust all shops that sell you parts. ;)
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Page created in 0.352 seconds with 21 queries.