Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Serk in 5 days accessory help wanted.  (Read 1695 times)

Wizenheimer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Serk in 5 days accessory help wanted.
« on: September 28, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »

My 07 BI SERK is scheduled to ship today.  Will be able to pick it up next Monday or Tuesday.  Ordered the optional tour pak and the pager also.  Told the dealer to just leave the pak in the box now, don't have a use for it until next spring.  However the shipping delays have created quite a delimma for me......  I just hope D00d doesn't read this.

I also enjoy hunting.  Archery season opens on the 1st of Oct.  Won't get my bike until the 2nd or 3rd.  150 mile trip to my favorite hunting ground.  Want to ride my bike on the trips.  Don't think I can manage a Deer over my shoulders, tree climber hanging off one side and my bow in the other hand while riding my new SERK.  Sure don't want to spend time in the dually.  So there my problem starts.

Where can I purchase a large luggage rack which will mount over the rear fender to which I can strap a deer, tree climber, and compound bow?  Deer here will field dress up to 150lbs.  If not a complete rack, where do I find base mounts strong enough that I can weld a large rack to it?  

Chrome not necessary, Camo paint preferred.  LOL.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Serk in 5 days accessory help wanted.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 07:21:09 AM »

It comes with a back rest and rear foot pegs, doesn't it?  A little rope and a half-helmet with holes for the antlers (if you're in a lid state) and it sounds like the big part of the problem is taken care of.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:18:54 AM »

All joking aside - - - - - there's some really nice lightweight trailers out there you can tow behind that 110" puppy and the hitch setups have gotten very clean as well. Several of the members on this site have trailers they tow when they go on long trips. I bought one at an estate sale really cheap and shipped my buddy in Mississippi he tows with his 03 SERK and he says you barely feel it. The only thing it does is cut back on your gas mileage a bit. The one he has (sorry I forgot the brand name) is 60" long, 30" wide and 30" deep. I s'pect cut up in trash bags you could fit Bambi in there quite easily

Wizenheimer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

I got the shakes!!!  My bike didn't ship Thursday.  Salesrep didn't call like he promised.  I called today and his response was...'It's going to be the same as the last 10 times I've talked to you'.  I asked if there was anything he could do to verify if it shipped or not.  His response was 'I can look it up on the computer'.  Now I know that has been smoke coming out every time my left foot hit the ground.  

Got home from work and called and found a dealership with one on the floor.  Called the first dealership and spoke with another sales rep.  He told me the new ship date and that it would be in at the end of Oct.  Told him to take me off the list, I will be riding one tomorrow.  Called the other dealership and told them if there is not a SOLD sign on that bike in 5 mins I am going to be upset.  Left them a deposit.  Will be there bright and early tomorrow morning.  They are 2 hours away.  

BISERK!!!!!!!  Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!  Gonna cost 500 more as I did get the first dealership to go 500 off MSRP.  But then again, I've been waiting since July 14th.  Stick me with a fork...I'm done.   Hope the ole lady is ready for an all nighter as I won't be able to sleep!

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 06:28:08 PM »

After getting jerked around for a while, that's the way I did mine.  Felt good when I got to let the local dealer what I thought about his sales capability. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

Wizenheimer,
                    Is the one you're getting black like the one you were promised ? That's even better luck if it is. Not sure where you live, but maybe you should ride that baby to Vegas while you're on a roll  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Welcome to the site. We're an eclectic bunch, we may make you  :), make you  [smiley=soapbox.gif], make you  :'(, even make you  :o but you'll never be bored

Wizenheimer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »

Wizenheimer,

Wizenheimer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 09:10:52 PM »

Yep, it's here.

Wizenheimer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 09:21:30 PM »

One more time.  Camera resolution too high.  Need to lower it.  No editor on this computer.  Could get one but not now.  Used png format to get in acceptable size limit.  Sorry.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 05:38:25 PM »

Man oh man does it hurt to see a brand new ride get so dirty on THE WAY HOME FROM THE DEALER!! :o

You are one dedicated rider, or way too tired of waiting!

Congrats on a great new ride! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.