Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speedo tach combo backlight not illuminated  (Read 2950 times)

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
Speedo tach combo backlight not illuminated
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen. The stock speedo backlight sometimes is not on. I have not been riding at night much lately...and you don't really see the lighting during the day, but what I have noticed is the speedo lighting will turn off for a few seconds then stay on for most of the time. Everything else works fine, it is just the lighting blinks off and back on intermittently.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

Frank Smith

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE SOLD:(
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHRSE5 :)
Re: Speedo tach combo backlight not illuminated
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »

Should never behave as you state. Take it to the dealer and ask them to check it out. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »

Thank you!! My bike is at the dealer now. They said it is ready for me to pick up and they replaced the speedo head. We shall see if all is good now  :2vrolijk_21:
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »

All fixed...Replaced speedo! She is working great!!! So, if you do have this concern then a new one does the trick.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:29 PM »

:(  It is doing the same thing!!! again... DO you think the wiring thru the handlebars could effect this??? I didn't notice the issue before the new bars...??

tincup64

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »

Mine was behaving the same way. Only seemed to notice the backlight in garage or at night.

Dealer thought it was light sensitive. No reason for me to disagree. It works at night and I can't notice it during the day.

Sorry to be of little help.

Tin

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 06:07:54 PM »

:(  It is doing the same thing!!! again... DO you think the wiring thru the handlebars could effect this??? I didn't notice the issue before the new bars...??
It is worth checking. If it worked prior to the bar change.....
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:24:30 PM »

Mine was behaving the same way. Only seemed to notice the backlight in garage or at night.

Dealer thought it was light sensitive. No reason for me to disagree. It works at night and I can't notice it during the day.

Sorry to be of little help.

Tin
Interesting.... that gives me an idea. Thank you

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »

It is worth checking. If it worked prior to the bar change.....
I unplugged all the connectors and it still illuminates...so I'm guessing we are all good there =) thank you

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »

okay... so, it seems it was not broken in the first place. =) As tincup64 mentioned, It apparently does not illuminate in the sunlight (most of the time) but it always seems to illuminate at start up and during night use.  It's all good  :2vrolijk_21: It also seems that the dealer agrees now too. We live and learn.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.