Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Limited

2014 CVO Limited saddle bag liner question

(1/2) > >>

scottt:
I own a 2014 Ultra Limited and purchased the hard bag liners, like the ones that come standard on the CVO Limited. unfortunately the new liners don't come with instructions, just some Velcro strips to hold the liners in place.

I would greatly appreciate knowing the factory location for those Velcro strips: if anyone could post a photo of the inside of their bag with the liner removed I would be able to see the Velcro strip location.

I really appreciate the help, want to install correctly

Thank you
Scott

scottt:

--- Quote from: scottt on November 29, 2013, 02:22:59 PM ---I own a 2014 Ultra Limited and purchased the hard bag liners, like the ones that come standard on the CVO Limited. unfortunately the new liners don't come with instructions, just some Velcro strips to hold the liners in place.

I would greatly appreciate knowing the factory location for those Velcro strips: if anyone could post a photo of the inside of their bag with the liner removed I would be able to see the Velcro strip location.

I really appreciate the help, want to install correctly

Thank you
Scott

--- End quote ---

I would appreciate just knowing the approx.. location of the Velcro strips holding your bag liners onto the hard bags. Example: Two on each bag, both on the sides, not the front and back. Center, down about 1 inch.

Does that sound about right?

Input appreciated

Scott

Midnight Rider:
I couldn't swear to this, as my memory sucks these days, but I think there were two on each bag, located on the inboard side of each bag, about an inch or two down from the top lip, and about 12" apart, front and rear.  There may have been two more on the outboard side of the bags too, located in the same manner.

The liners are nice when you're not carrying a whole bunch of stuff when traveling, or when just sticking a few things in them around town, but if you're really needing to take advantage of every square inch of space for two up touring, you'd be surprised how much more you can stuff in them without the liners.  The most useful items for the saddlebags when traveling are the luggage bags, IMO.

Grizzly:

--- Quote from: Midnight Rider on November 30, 2013, 01:33:15 PM ---I couldn't swear to this, as my memory sucks these days, but I think there were two on each bag, located on the inboard side of each bag, about an inch or two down from the top lip, and about 12" apart, front and rear.  There may have been two more on the outboard side of the bags too, located in the same manner.

The liners are nice when you're not carrying a whole bunch of stuff when traveling, or when just sticking a few things in them around town, but if you're really needing to take advantage of every square inch of space for two up touring, you'd be surprised how much more you can stuff in them without the liners.  The most useful items for the saddlebags when traveling are the luggage bags, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Plus the fact that the travel bags slide into the saddlebags much easier WITHOUT the bag liners in place.  This of course is only an issue for me on longer trips when my travel bags are packed to the limit.  Just sayin'.

scottt:
Thank you; I have the HD travel bags for my long hauls, just wanted the bag liners for the rest of my riding. They are expensive but IMHO worth it. I am also adding the deluxe tour pak organizer that uses the same lining. Thanks for the input, I never thought of two on the one side. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version