Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: careful out there  (Read 714 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
careful out there
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »

today i was riding with a friend in a staggered setting we was in the left lane, on left side , i was on the right side of the left lane, , and up comes a**hole and cut between us and swerved in between us almost cut me into the median, then a 1/4 mile turned left with no signal, both lanes were bumper to bumper, it was rush hour, i think he hated bikers, WTF

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: careful out there
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:42:24 AM »

I know the feeling, Had a near miss some time ago.
It was a clear sunny day perfect conditions all round, enjoying the ride on a 110klm stretch of road and decided to indicate to turn left around 80 metres before the turn, checked mirrors on approach to turn only to see a car was about to overtake me  :o, put my hand out to show I was turning and the drive jumps on the brakes and back behind me.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: careful out there
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:55:39 AM »

Several of us were riding about an hour to the funeral of a local Indie shop owner on Monday.  Not much traffic, good weather, good road, riding close/staggered.  For no apparent reason a car cut in between me & the rider in front of me, causing me to have to slam the brakes to avoid hitting him.  No idea why, no real reason for it, and he continued in the middle of our group for a few miles until the next stop light.  At that point the lead rider allowed space & we rode around him on the shoulder to reform our group.

Some drivers hate bikes & others are courteous.  Weird world.  Agreed, best be careful and extra careful.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.