CVO Technical > Drive Train

slipper clutch

(1/3) > >>

sbcharlie:
hippo my head mechanic installed a new clutch device today. it takes 15 minutes to install.the idea of this clutch device is change clutch handle pressure pull. at low rpm it is soft and at higher rpm the pull gets harder. it works great, i guess were a dealer for these devices. i keep board posted on price and tec info. thanks short block charlie

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk:
Has anyone got any experience of using a slipper clutch?

This is what one of the distributors says about it ...

TPP Slipper Clutch
Easy on the hand with smooth engagement combined with no-slip performance at full throttle, high rev take-offs - these are guide lines which are not easy to meet for a clutch system. While modern bikes perform satisfactory in stock configuration, they soon reach their limits with increased engine potential, A 124 cui. S&S powerplant literally smokes the original clutch or requires clutch springs and lever pulling efforts that only some Arnold Schwarzenegger would find find acceptable. This problem goes to extremes in drag racing and that

geezerglide:
Tony,

As Charlie mentioned Frank (HIPPO) has installed many of the what some call "Slipper Clutch" or also called "Lock Up Clutch" and also has sold hundreds more. Frank sells them in the US and I have them in Canada. We refer to them as VPC (Variable Pressure Clutch).

In the May issue of Hot Rod Bike and in May Thunderpress their are articles on usage and installations.

In your post on Distributor Commnts, "The drawback is that pure slipper cluthces are not suitable for street use with various driving situations" This is true for pure

110tHunDer:

--- Quote ---I have
--- End quote ---

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk:

--- Quote --- Frank (HIPPO) has installed many of the what some call "Slipper Clutch" or also called "Lock Up Clutch" and also has sold hundreds more. Frank sells them in the US and I have them in Canada.
--- End quote ---

That is supremely useful to know.

Please let me know if you have otherwise modified the clutch (bigger spring or more plates or anything) ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version