Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TERRORIST SENTENCING..A MESSAGE!  (Read 1758 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
TERRORIST SENTENCING..A MESSAGE!
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »

The following transcript of the sentencing of RICHARD REID, the "ingenious" shoe bomber was forwarded me this morning.  Thought the opinion and sentence of a semi-moderate federal judge might prove interesting.  Apparently, a "wake up call" is starting to find its' way into the federal judiciary.  Hope so.....and can only hope that Mr. Reid finds his way into the general prison population so that he might share an up close and personal lesson in "street justice".

United States v. Reid ˜ Final Statements by Judge Young

Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court imposes upon you.

On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney General. On counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutive one with the other. That's 80 years.

On Count 8 the Court sentences you to the mandatory 30 years consecutive to the 80 years just imposed. The Court imposes upon you on each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 for the aggregate fine of $2 million.

The Court accepts the government's recommendation with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.

The Court imposes upon you the $800 special assessment.

The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply because the law requires it. But the life sentences are real life sentences so I need not go any further.

This is the sentence that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and a just sentence. It is a righteous sentence. Let me explain this to you.

We are not afraid of any of your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is all too much war talk here. And I say that to everyone with the utmost respect.

Here in this court where we deal with individuals as individuals, and care for individuals as individuals, as human beings we reach out for justice.

You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a soldier gives you far too much stature. Whether it is the officers of government who do it or your attorney who does it, or that happens to be your view, you are a terrorist.

And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not treat with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists.

We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice.

So war talk is way out of line in this court. You're a big fellow. But you're not that big. You're no warrior. I know warriors. You are a terrorist. A species of criminal guilty of multiple attempted murders.

In a very real sense Trooper Santiago had it right when first you were taken off that plane and into custody and you wondered where the press and where the TV crews were and you said you're no big deal. You're no big deal.

What your counsel, what your able counsel and what the equally able United States attorneys have grappled with and what I have as honestly as I know how tried to grapple with, is why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today? I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit you are guilty of doing.

And I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you. But as I search this entire record it comes as close to understanding as I know.

It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most precious. You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose.

Here, in this society, the very winds carry freedom. They carry it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom. So that everyone can see, truly see that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely.

It is for freedom's seek that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf and have filed appeals, will go on in their, their representation of you before other judges. We care about it. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties.

Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden; pay any price, to preserve our freedoms.

Look around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. Day after tomorrow it will be forgotten. But this, however, will long endure. Here, in this courtroom, and courtrooms all across America, the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done.

The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged, and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of justice.

See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America. That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag still stands for freedom. You know it always will. Custody, Mr. Officer. Stand him down.

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
Re: TERRORIST SENTENCING..A MESSAGE!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 12:49:41 PM »

BLM 777 that makes me feel good I like it where was the trial.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:18:19 PM »

BLM 777 that makes me feel good I like it where was the trial.

OTIS

Well, Otis....the sentencing took place in Boston, amid many law enforcement fears that this fanatic would get 3-5 years and a walk.  I think it says something about the change in attitudes when this sh$t starts effecting people right here at home.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:46:27 PM »

And yet, we spent zillions of dollars playing patsy cake with this guy, and we'll support him forever, in comfort and safety, ('cause we'll have to make sure nothin' bad happens to his little happy a$$), and he'll appeal and sue the government and we'll keep spending everybody's tax dollars on him, (while my kids teacher calls me once a month to see if I can kick in some money because she can't afford classroom supplies on her miserly salary and they don't have a budget for that kind of stuff).

Makes ya think Jack Ruby just might have been on to something, doesn't it... [smiley=brood.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:43 PM »

I have a better sentence for him.  What happened to the good old days?

[smiley=disguise.gif]   [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 02:51:49 PM »

I have a better sentence for him.  What happened to the good old days?

[smiley=disguise.gif]   [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]  [smiley=rifle.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
 The ones of us who have oxygen in our brains, will agree that Clinton gave these bastards free reign, when he chose to do away with all CIA Operatives.  That's when the good ol' days went to hell in a hand basket.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 02:57:42 PM »

seems like fewer people seem to have oxygen in their brains nowadays... [smiley=annoyed.gif]

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 03:01:40 PM »

Silly me.... I guess you'd have to have a brain in order to put oxygen in it!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 03:11:41 PM »

Silly me.... I guess you'd have to have a brain in order to put oxygen in it!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
 When they were handing out the brains, I thought they said trains, and I took the first one out!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I don't believe you or me, either one, needs anybody looking out for us, though.  We're survivors, ridin', or walkin'.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »

I don't want to survive.  Nor do I want my children to "survive".  I want them to flourish in a free and safe environment...    The whole durned thing kinda makes me a little crazy at times...  Which my wife says is "seldom a good thing for someone...."   [smiley=oops.gif]
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 05:02:24 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, DJW,
  The ones of us who have oxygen in our brains, will agree that Clinton gave these bastards free reign, when he chose to do away with all CIA Operatives.  That's when the good ol' days went to hell in a hand basket.  Later--HUBBARD  

Hubbard...Got to agree with you on that one.  The  Clinton years managed to get rid of all the old timers who had suffered through the era of the retarded peanut rancher, Carter and just wouldn't do it again.  Believe it or not, during the Carter years there was a period of time (4 months) when he froze spending for federal law enforcement.  All the "G" cars were parked with no gas, investigations halted, surveillances shut down, no travel and, get this, no ammunition to go screw around on the range since there was nothing else to do anyway.  At the same time, the mentally challenged little "Peace Prize" winner decided to change the image of federal enforcement and mandated that all undercover work would be done in suits and ties.  Yup, few were going to stick around for the "Billary" Clinton installment.

Think thats' bad....look at the recent proposed legislation by Schumer, Reid, Pilosi and fat boy..excuse me Kennedy, who are outdoing themselves in an attempt to further rape law enforcement.

Geez......really pi$$ed myself off...think I'll go kick the cat.  There endeth  the political correctness lesson for the day.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 01:01:37 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, BLM777,
 Just got around to your reply.  Now I'm pizzed off!  Kennedys'.  Sons of Rum-Runners!  Bootleggers!  It amazes me the way they have duped the American Public.  One fact will always hold true, though.  There's two of 'em that won't welsh on any more deals with those whose last names end in vowels.  Lee Harvey Oswald, my azz!  Later--HUBBARD

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 24 queries.