Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Supporting our troups - NOT!  (Read 5384 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Supporting our troups - NOT!
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:49:19 AM »

I'm not sure where to post this, but man this kind of crap just burns me up. West Allis, WI might make a great destination for a little CVO ride this spring!

Below is an email exchange between a friend of mine's husband and a company that sells different types of mats. He is stationed in Iraq and was inquiring as to whether or not the company ships overseas. He wanted to get the troops better gear to sleep on. This is the companies response. I am floored. I am floored as a military wife and as an American. Please repost this so that this company will hear us loud and clear that we do not stand for this. Whatever your view is on this war - these troops are just following orders. Most are passionate about what they are doing. You can disagree with the war without disrespecting our troops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com

SGT Hess,
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.

Bargain Suppliers
Discount-Mats.com

Entire story here:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/apo.asp
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Supporting our troups - NOT!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »

That is really something!
I would never buy from that company!

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »

I just sent copies of that to everyone on my email list.  those people suck the big one.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »

Ungrateful bastards.  I'd bet that response came from a $200.00 a week clerk.  We all need to make sure the management of that Company is made aware of that heartless remark.  >:( Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »

Ungrateful bastards.  I'd bet that response came from a $200.00 a week clerk.  We all need to make sure the management of that Company is made aware of that heartless remark.  >:( Later--HUBBARD

I wrote to their "contacts" address expressing my concern over their treatment of this Great American.  I hope I've done so without sinking to their level.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »

Think about it.  A young brite eye'd kid wouldn't have the guts to post something like that.  That was definately made by someone toward the top of that POS company.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:44:28 PM by mrmagloo »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 04:35:07 PM »

Tried to find the owners name:  Bargain Suppliers is the trade name registered in Wisconsin.

I got tis from one of their sites.

Contact Us / About Us
Quality-Discount-Scooters.com is an online retail store that sells electric scooters, gas scooters, pocket bikes and dirt bikes at the guaranteed lowest price/highest value.

Our official business name is Bargain Suppliers, registered in the state of Wisconsin, United States.

We are an authorized drop-ship dealer for X-Treme, Fancy Scooter(Zida), and Bladez and all of our products are shipped manufacturer direct. We have been in business for a few years now and our bread & butter is to reward loyal customers with the best bargains available.

We have customer service staff that is always ready to treat you like family. You can rest assured that you are buying from a safe, secure, & highly ethical group of people.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:21:04 PM »

Check out the name!  Explains alot!

Registered through: Teknon Domains
Domain Name: DISCOUNT-MATS.COM
Created on: 23-Mar-05
Expires on: 23-Mar-08
Last Updated on: 03-Mar-06

Registrant:
Faisal Khetani
PO Box 270693
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227
United States

Administrative Contact:
Khetani, Faisal sportsfitness@gmail.com
3259 S.106th Street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
United States
(414) 543-9634

Technical Contact:
3259 S.106th Street
United States
(414) 543-9634

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 05:53:40 PM »

Just what I figured Magloo, I didn't know how to do that.

I had a hunch as you must have as well.

What a dumba$$, ahhhh, I can't even type what I'm thinking.

But he'd be the first A hole in line to protest profiling at the airport.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 05:55:31 PM by Rjob749 »

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 06:56:54 PM »

So.  Not being one for a lot of hot air.  Who lives in his neighborhood?  And how do we sink his little business enterprise and send his stinking ass back to where it belongs?

PM's welcome . . .
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »

Figures.  I guess he doesn't want to send his mats back where they came from.  Sure doesn't seem to mind collecting the good ole US $ though.

Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
    • Battlefield Motorcycle Club
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 12:30:32 AM »

Being a Director for the (Order of the Silver Rose) and one that organizes awareness/fundraising events for the DAV, I will do my best to let everyone I work with and meet at events, know this company’s lack of appreciation towards those that fight and lay their lives for the very freedom they need to maintain a business in this country!
I can just imagine the responses I'll receive as I pass this around at "The Wall" this April and July at a couple of the events I'll be at. Forward a copy to your local Vet. clubs and don't let this company simply get away with this. I'm going to send a certified letter to this company on Monday stating that until such time that I receive a letter of apology and a check donation to the DAV of no less then $1,000 I will continue to expose their company's feelings towards our service Men and Women!

Everyone can feel free to forward a copy of this letter to the company as well, to remind them that we are looking forward to their response and donation to help or Vets.
       Mike Hood Cell# 443-834-3863

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 12:41:36 AM »

Just sent the first of many Emails out to the company. as noted we must all let them know how we feel, until they correct this. Mike Hood

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »

I too have e-mailed the story to as many people as possible. My guess is the owner will shut down the website soon and change his company name to stay in business. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »

I too have e-mailed the story to as many people as possible. My guess is the owner will shut down the website soon and change his company name to stay in business. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Hence the reason we need to make it personal and continue to pursue until the actual problem is exported...  Is there a good way to keep track of how he pursues further business endeavors.   I believe that I will see how large of an ad I can afford in the local newpaper where he works to quote the email and illustrate his business ethic to the local community where he works...   Is there a rule against that?
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »

That's a great idea Cool, about the local paper. If you locate his home town paper let me know I may send my "request for donation" letter that way as well. If interested maybe we could combine our thoughts as (letter's to the editor) in one big area of the paper, to gain more of an impact. Mike Hood cell 443-834-3863

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »

I am sending this letter to the Director of Business Developement for West Allis, WI.  Do ya think it will do any good?
_____
John,  
I am a Veteran, and a Veteran Service Officer for my county.  This email was brought to my attention by one of my veterans who recently returned from Iraq and by a forum in which I participate.
Sent: Tue Jan 16 3:25  

Do you ship to APO addresses? I'm in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed in Iraq and we are trying to order some mats but we are looking for who ships to APO first.  

Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:44 PM  
Subject: Re: Feedback: from discount-mats.com  

SGT Hess,  
We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq.  

Bargain Suppliers  
Discount-Mats.com  
 The business owner is identified as:

Registered through: Teknon Domains
Domain Name: DISCOUNT-MATS.COM
Created on: 23-Mar-05
Expires on: 23-Mar-08
Last Updated on: 03-Mar-06

Registrant:
Faisal Khetani
PO Box 270693
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227
United States

Administrative Contact:
3259 S.106th Street
United States
(414) 543-9634

Technical Contact:
3259 S.106th Street
United States
(414) 543-9634

This note is to inform you that until appropriate actions are taken to stifle this type of behavior toward those individuals who make it possible for businesses in your community to operate freely, I and many others will be endeavoring to the best of our ability to illustrate and publicize the type of business ethic this individual is exercising.  I have no doubt that this publicity will not be of a positive nature and I also believe that there will be substantial collateral damage to other businesses in your community due to the name recognition issue.

Is there anything that you can do to assist us in ensuring that this type of response is not repeated?  I fully recognize that every individual has the right to express their personal opinions, but to express this type of opinion to one of our nations fine soldiers, in this type of a venue is inappropriate at best, and hopefully illegal under the bylaws of your licensing standards.  (My point being: you wouldn't allow this type of discriminatory behavior in a rental agreement, hence, is there a way for you to stop it in a business transaction?)

I eagerly await your response.    

Am I barking up the right tree here?
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 02:11:17 PM »

Further clarification:  two points...
West Allis is apparently a suburb of Milwaukie, WI.  There is probably no way to really make any of this stick, since, as was previously noted, he will probably just close his doors and reopen wiht a new business name.  

Has anybody actually called Faisal?  this may be misdirected and he may be just as offended as we are and already fired the perpetrator of the offending e-mail.   I'm a little coarse voiced and therefore might not be the most effective member to make the phone call.  Do we have any smooth talkers who would be willing to make the call and check out what the real facts are?

2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »

Well Hubbard, I gotta agree with you and disagree with you. First off I do agree that it seems unlikely management is aware of this response. On the other hand the $200 clerk might be the true patriot and the $1,000,000 owner the heartless bastard.

Just my $0.02

B B

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »

I too have e-mailed the story to all my friends and contacts. He will shut down the website soon and change his company name to stay in business
Andy

PMaitland

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »

Just caught a news story on this on CNN Headline News.

The backlash is huge, voicemails, emails, etc...
Apparently the employee responsible has already been fired & the owners of the company got a lot of face time in the report backpedaling & apologizing...
06 FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 11:43:32 AM »

Just caught a news story on this on CNN Headline News.

The backlash is huge, voicemails, emails, etc...
Apparently the employee responsible has already been fired & the owners of the company got a lot of face time in the report backpedaling & apologizing...

Khetani on Monday told FOX News that the person responsible for the email reply had been fired. The Web site, meanwhile, has been temporarily taken down.

Hess emailed that he has since found two mat suppliers willing to ship to an APO address in Iraq.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 02:27:09 PM »

Fired an employee? Sounds like a nice spin.

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 06:07:21 PM »

I usually don’t venture down the “off topic” path and just happened to notice this thread, I would like to commend all of you that got involved with this and helped bring his unpatriotic business practices to light, hopefully the fallout will follow him throughout his career.

Thanks

Gregg

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 08:14:51 PM »

West Allis sounds good for me......when do we leave.  I'll bring the Dago crew with me......should be fun!!!!!

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »

I just tried calling the F-ck,  his mailbox is full.....go figure.  This type of low life scum sucking, whale st$t needs to realize that this is NOT THE FREAKIN' country that he came from.  There will be NO insurgents here that are true Americans (and haven't been since the Civil War {a true low point for us, American's killing American's}).  We don't kill each other here (because Allah said so).  We are free to speak,  free to live, free to do whatever we want to do (unlike under developed countries.......mostly sh$tholes...and I've been to most of them) because our son's and daughter's in the military have protected us from the worlds nutjobs since this country was founded, and WILL forever.  I fully support the United States of America's troops where ever they are in the world (no discussion).  This guy needs to swim with the fishes.

_Beags

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:35:55 PM by domagalam »
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 21 queries.