Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Just A Heads UP!  (Read 3870 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Just A Heads UP!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 03:06:01 PM »

I'm not at the end of my second real retired week and it's getting better!

It's starting to feel less like fake sick days with a return to work at the end, to something I can get used to for a LOOONNNGGG time... :)

I've spent most of the past two weeks just doing little things and getting the unfinished part of our basement organized.  I have a couple pieces of exercise equipment now all set up on carpet pieces and an old TV with a VHS player in it. :)  I have tons of old VHS tapes and some I will dupe onto my HDD and have for streaming if wanted.  I'm doing the same with all our family's old 8mm reel film.  Also have tons of old photos to scan at some point and get out to other family members.

I still have to "I" beam my basement wall as the "streetcreep" has pushed my driveway into my garage floor and then pushed my foundation basement wall in about an inch at the top.  I've made up six 98"x4" "I" beams with .5" steel pads on the bottom and floor joist jack bolt push brackets that I will bolt into the floor joists so I can then use the weight of the house to jack the wall back out or at worst maintain no further movement inward.  I've already cut a 4" wide groove in the driveway that has in the past two years closed back down to 2".  The city says they have no responsibility to any land owner with streetcreep.  Streetcreep is only in a few Midwest states as it has to do with temperature differential for a certain period of time etc.  Also all the streets here are concrete, not asphalt like up in MI.  I digress.

So once the basement is completely organized, it's out to the office area in the finished part of the basement for it's annual clean up and more organizing since I brought home lots of stuff from my work office.  Then the garage and onto the Boardtrack bike project.

I have tons of stuff to keep me busy and the wife has started a LONG list as well.

Thanks again for all the encouragement...  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.