Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Brian's Big Adventure  (Read 15270 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Brian's Big Adventure
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »

Last note forf the day,
   The Duetch connectors that the MoCo used from pre evo to 2006 were the balls.  These new high density connectors that they use are a plain pain in the ass (and also a joke,  one connector is a 12 pin,  the other is a whoping 8 pin......WOW,  if you have to make a connector that difficult to get in and out of.........Make the fu$ker 96-208 pins.........I deal with HD VIXI and PIXI connectors that have been around for 10+ years and are easier to work on than these......Get it right MoCo....

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 10:41:47 PM »

Could this be a new parts source? I need to start tuning into the Home Shopping Network. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »

Matt,
Thanks for the pictures and the report. Make sure you get us some nice pictures of the "LD" when it's all done. Knowing BB I'm sure there is a lot more bling on it since I saw it last time. ;D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »

Well,
   Another day,  I'm still doing the Martha Stewart BS thing.........had the painters in today to finish the bathroom,  so not much happened with BB and the bike,  however we did manage to get the rear wheel polished (um....he did) while I finished the wiring for the HB controls.  Brian had a hell of a lot of fun with the fuel bung cover that he installed (took like 3 hours to get it off.....).  This may explain a little.........Great day.......two men,  fun toys.... (A little Markers and Goose)  mom and baby sis' painting the bathroom (doing the real work). Well,  here are the pics for the day...............Real giggle!!!!!

This project may be done in a month or so..........but it's sure is fun as hell doing it....

_Beagle

BTW,  Has anyone seen the handlebars that started this mess????
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »

I thought we were doing handlebars!!!!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 08:01:37 PM »

Ok,
  We finally found the freakin' handlebars.......Look close!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 08:03:02 PM »

OK,
     BB is chewing my ear and I forgot to attach the pic.......but really,  we found the bars......

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »

Ok,
  [highlight]We finally found the freakin' [/highlight]handle[highlight]bar[/highlight]s.......Look close!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

oh yeah, Looks like your garage was the 'bar'.  [smiley=drink.gif] har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:25 PM »

That must be really strong tea to be in such a small glass! [smiley=dizzy2.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

Check out his eyes.........That's the real tea!!!

_Beagle

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »

Just so everyone doesn't think we drink more than we work, we have a 4 PM Cocktail rule. After the first round Beags has to get the camera out. Beags was a good bro today, didn't bust my chops at all about the fact I filled my gas tank on the way to his house yesterday, so we had to drain a full tank to get it off. Actually we did pretty good, didn't get too much of it spread around. Only casualty so far is one antenna cable. We pulled the end off when we set the inner fairing down on a movers pad on the front fender. Word of advice, if you do this kind of stuff, make sure you use something real thick like movers pads so you don't dent the fender as well as scratch it. S'anyway, now that we've got the handlebars positioned and everything stripped down, we can run the new braided throttle cables, the braided brake lines and hook up the other end of the braided clutch cable I gave myself a fit over yesterday. Beags got all the wiring tucked inside the Wild 1 Chubby's. FYI the new Chubby's don't have flat spots for the master cylinders, they are tapered. Looks great, but I think from the effort we put into pulling the wires through, the inside diameter is smaller where they taper.S'anyway, we can see where the insane wiring harness for the rear speakers plugs in and of course with the bike stripped down we can run the cable back to the rear. In spite of today's pics looking like we went backwards, we are moving forward. Totally weird day for weather here today, rain, hail at one point, more rain, high winds for awhile. Temps yoyoing 20 degrees up and down. Even with other bikes to ride, it was not a day to be riding. So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

Check out his eyes.........That's the real tea!!!

_Beagle
Hope you offered the temp. use of the couch and didn't make him ride home.  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  
Do it!  'Cause these vicarious projects are lots of fun.....just wish I could be there in person for the 'cocktail hour'! [smiley=drink.gif]  har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] spyder

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:41 PM »

So all was good. We'll keep posting pics as we move along.

B B  

Lookin' good B.

Keep the pics comin' as it goes, should be sweet when you get it done.

Funny your weather is weird, ours up here is too the last few days and now it sucks.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »

RJob,
    It was actually hailing in the back yard today, and sunny as hell in the front............a first for me in So. Cal...

I've seen it back home in HELL.....um er I mean Connecticut......

More fun to come!!!

_Beagle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 24 queries.