Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: X-TREEEM Day In Memphis Town  (Read 10579 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: X-TREEEM Day In Memphis Town
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »

JR, all I can see besides a great looking bike is one chit load of opportunity for OCD there.  Enough in fact it may have convinced me that if buying a stock bike the only color may be black, not sure I could afford the OCD starting from dead stock otherwise. ::)

You guys keep posting the glides and how great they ride and we may see a lot more converts, they look great in orange that's for sure.

Roger,
        No doubt about it, the Road Glide is the best road bike out there. More colors available this year than I've ever seen in one model. So far I seen the 07's in at least 6 colors and maybe more, not sure. My arthritis is acting up today and I had to take some pain meds. I'm home stoned  :o I should call d00d up and we can drool all over the phones together  :D Anyway, if you're thinking of buying one, they list for under $20k. Mine was $20,500 out the door. Yeah I've spent another $12k on it, but even if it had been a SERG, I would have spent probably 2/3rds of that amount to get it to where I wanted it. Look at Elvis for cripes sake, $50k and still almost but not quite. ( I'm thinking of gold plating the spokes and headlight,spotlight, directional and speedo visors. and then doing a 113 motor upgrade  ) LOL  But seriously, I think a stock RG is a heck of way to start on the road bike of your dreams.

B B

B B
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:38:18 AM by SPIDERMAN »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

Roger,
        No doubt about it, the Road Glide is the best road bike out there. More colors available this year than I've ever seen in one model. So far I seen the 07's in at least 6 colors and maybe more, not sure. My arthritis is acting up today and I had to take some pain meds. I'm home stoned  :o I should call d00d up and we can drool all over the phones together  :D Anyway, if you're thinking of buying one, they list for under $20k. Mine was $20,500 out the door. Yeah I've spent another $12k on it, but even if it had been a SERG, I would have spent probably 2/3rds of that amount to get it to where I wanted it. Look at Elvis for cripes sake, $50k and still almost but not quite. ( I'm thinking of gold plating the spokes and headlight, spotlight, directional and speedo visors. and then doing a 113 motor upgrade  ) LOL  But seriously, I think a stock RG is a heck of way to start on the road bike of your dreams. B B

I know you're right, I rode to CC with Leo part of the way and his looked great, funny thing.  We were just outside Colorado Springs and he has me fire up the bluetooth to get in touch with "guess who?"  OK, John from Clearview.  Leo had been waiting for his shield and thought it was done (I think they promised it would be) but, you guessed it, NOPE.

Anyway, he really has that sweet  [smiley=cherry.gif] that he painted in the CVO colors after he went down in the rain near Klamath Falls on one of his balls out long distance rides.  Jim's 120 with many mods etc.

You definitely got me thinking.  I know I'm going to dump my DWG3 for another balloon tired ride and not a softail I don't think.  I really have an urge to get a Springer Classic (I'll post the reason why below) but I have had a couple of Springers and as hard as I ride I don't like to get that "pogo" thing going in a corner.  Scares the chit out of you when on the top of each hop you move 3 feet closer to the shoulder.

Anyway, I most likely will need to get a ride on a glide when the weather clears up, guess I need to do some serious thinking.  The bike will be at my new eastern Washington house and ridden mostly in 75 to 80 plus degree weather and that gets me thinking SERK since it will most assuredly be day rides two up the bulk of the time.  It would be nice to have the wind in the face and no lowers etc.

Enough of bikes for a sec, got to see the doc I'm afraid, my friggin elbow is killin' me lately in combo with the tendons in my forearm, hurts to grip/shake hands.  Carpel Tunnel?  Not sure, I think it may go back to a "pop" I felt karting last year.  Thought it had gotten better permanently but I guess not.  If it keeps up I'll definitely need to check it out with a doc.  Right now IBU does the trick every other day or so, one or two or four.  Hurts so much sometime it makes my stomach feel weird.

Probably a good idea to give d00d a call and comiserate, I can hear you two now.  

Hope you feel better soon.  It's a bitch to get old (er).

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »

JR, all I can see besides a great looking bike is one chit load of opportunity for OCD there.  Enough in fact it may have convinced me that if buying a stock bike the only color may be black, not sure I could afford the OCD starting from dead stock otherwise. ::)

You guys keep posting the glides and how great they ride and we may see a lot more converts, they look great in orange that's for sure.

Ya Know Roger, I use to think the Road Glides were ugly. But for some reason they started to look more and more appealing to me. Then I saw Otis's and then Big B's and I got bit! The more I talk to those who own one the more I want one. My buddy liked the blue Ultra or Cobalt pearl street glide. Then I showed him the pumpkin Road Glide and he knew it was for him. I told him about Brian's and how sweet he's got it. The rest was history! Can't wait to ride it to see how I like it compared to the bat wing fairing.

Yes we with OCD can see an endless amount of goodies but one advantage is you can build it the way you want and save money by not having to take off the crap the MOCO put on. Besides it would be fun. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Bless ya Buddy!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:52:01 PM by J.Rud »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »

And for my next magic trick I am dreaming of building a lightweight trailer I can haul Elvis on behind LD  [smiley=orange.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

Enough of bikes for a sec, got to see the doc I'm afraid, [highlight]my friggin elbow is killin' me lately in combo with the tendons in my forearm, hurts to grip/shake hands[/highlight].  Carpel Tunnel?  Not sure, I think it may go back to a "pop" I felt karting last year.  Thought it had gotten better permanently but I guess not.  If it keeps up I'll definitely need to check it out with a doc.  Right now IBU does the trick every other day or so, one or two or four.  Hurts so much sometime it makes my stomach feel weird.

Probably a good idea to give d00d a call and comiserate, I can hear you two now.  

Hope you feel better soon.  It's a bitch to get old (er).

Roger I had the same thing in my right elbow, I couldn't even lift a 32oz drink from my cup holder without having to lower my arm and bring it in closer. Another mechanic told me about Glucosamine Chondritin. I picked it up at Cosco and it was a life saver for me. Even noticed it in my knees too! It's over the counter stuff and for $20 last me about 3 months. Started noticing the difference in a couple of few weeks. Good Luck and I just lifted you up in Prayer Buddy! God Bless!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »

And for my next magic trick I am dreaming of building a lightweight trailer I can haul Elvis on behind LD  [smiley=orange.gif]

LOL!!!! Thanks Buddy.....Tea thru the nose!!!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] That must be some good stuff your on....but I think it would look way cool ! 8-) Bless Ya Big Buddy! Hope Ya feel better!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2007, 08:03:48 PM »

Roger I had the same thing in my right elbow, I couldn't even lift a 32oz drink from my cup holder without having to lower my arm and bring it in closer. Another mechanic told me about Glucosamine Chondritin. I picked it up at Cosco and it was a life saver for me. Even noticed it in my knees too! It's over the counter stuff and for $20 last me about 3 months. Started noticing the difference in a couple of few weeks. Good Luck and I just lifted you up in Prayer Buddy! God Bless!        JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

Have you been folowing me?  That's exactly it, hurts to lift full glass of water, but keep it bent and close to the body and it's fine.

I hate taken that old guy stuff, already have it at home guess I should take it when I take my stupid "baby asburn", doc will this do any good, don't know, but it can't hurt.

Thanks for the heads up JR, I'm on it tonight.

Started Nutri System last Monday and I've lost 9 lbs.  I did this in 89 and told myself if I got to goal weight I'd buy a Springer.  3 months later, ridin' the black beauty, hope it works this time, maybe I'll get a roadglide.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2007, 08:34:50 PM »

Roger,
         Before the heart issues got to where I'm on Coumadin, I took an arthritis drug Brand name Voltarin. It worked wonders as to keeping days like today at bay. Because it has blood thinning properties I can't take it anymore and am on Celebrex which works probably 95% of the time. Days like today, all I can do is take some Vicodin and hope the arthritis monster goes back to whatever hell hole he came from. Funny thing though, even though I was a bit stoned, I figured out something on the Stoneman project bike that had been eluding me. LOL - - gotta be stoned to work on Stoneman's bike hahahahahahaha. Sorry, guess I'm still a bit off. Anyway, ask your Dr. about Voltarin. Takes a week or two to build up in your system so you won't see instant results, but it works over time and keeps on working.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2007, 08:47:36 PM »

I'll check it out.  I have to go back in for the rest of my physical anyway, lab test and the snake.

Hopefully it is just the karting incident, but if it is here to stay we'll deal with it.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »

You know, I could spend a few $$$$$ and make this into 1 heck of a SE without having to do a thing with the paint.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2007, 09:25:26 PM »

You know, I could spend a few $$$$$ and make this into 1 heck of a SE without having to do a thing with the paint.

Mark

SHHHHHHH,,, you have already spent a bunch of money!

When I grow up I want to be like you!

And that's a fine looking bike,,,,,,,, yours,,,,, and the Road Glide also!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:03 PM »

You know, [highlight]I could spend a few $$$$$ [/highlight]and make this into 1 heck of a SE without having to do a thing with the paint.
MJZ,
       That you could, that you could. I'm having a hard time trying to decide to continue the stripe across the side panel. On one hand, it looks incomplete but on the other, the fun of what I've done with Los Dragon has been to build on the basic look and lines of the bike sooooooooo  

Anyway, your post is right on the mark except for the section I highlighted. I'm into LD for almost $12k over the out the door cost of the stock Road Glide  [smiley=orange.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2007, 09:36:01 PM »

Mark

SHHHHHHH,,, [highlight]you have already spent a bunch of money[/highlight]!

When I grow up I want to be like you!

And that's a fine looking bike,,,,,,,, yours,,,,, and the Road Glide also!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

You are right, what was I thinking? :o Better get that out of my OCD mind. ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Roger
         What's up with that. If I try to post nothing except an emoticon I get this prompt telling me it's not a valid post. How'd you bypass that ?  Now I know how you post sluts run up your post count.

B B
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 10:05:15 PM by SPIDERMAN »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.