Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120225 times)

RedFXR2

Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2008, 06:57:15 AM »

You know, The FXR2 is by far the best looking FXR made. Especially in red! Except for the front (21") wheel.

>:(

21" front wheels are cool. ;D ;D ;D

mikefxr3

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

1.screen name: mikefxr3
2:name: Mike
3.age: 61
4.location: west of Cleveland,Ohio
5. model: fxr3 green flame     
6.History: Bought the bike last year from private owner who was buying new HD. I have been riding on and off since high school. I have owned a Husky 400, which disappeared after I loaned it to a friend many years ago. Have an old kawasaki 400. Now the 99 harley. So far I have really enjoyed the harley. The only modification I have made is I took off the Vance 2-1 exhaust and put on 2 single pipes. I like the look of the two singles.

RedFXR2

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »

Mike--welcome to the FXR board.  Always glad to see more CVO FXR folks here.  If you've got any pics of your bike, we'd love to see them.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

Scott  (Scobar44)~~~

Scott great to read about your story....lol "two cows" that's pretty funny!!!!  You found an excellent bike with only 2,100 miles on it....glad to see you posted into the thread.....Scott if I remember correctly you purchased your FXR2 in August right?  Any modifications planned?  Oh and happy birthday!!!!

Mike  (mikefxr3)~~~

Mike, welcome to the FXR Section of this board.....and thanks for sharing......we are "slowly" growing.....I have a list of about 17 of us that are regularly visiting here.....which is awesome.....like Mike (REDFXR2) shared, any photos of your bike?  Please share....would be great to see.  I am always curious Mike how did you find this website?  Any other modifications planned?  By the way did you keep the V&H 2-1 Exhaust, hopefully you did.....they aren't making that particular pipe any longer for the FXR and as time slips forward it should retain a pretty good value if it is the V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe.

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:50:18 PM by FXR2evo99 »

scobar44

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2, Arresting Red
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »

I don't plan any significant changes.  It's pretty nice the way it is.  I've added a Harley quick-detach windshield and a Corbin seat.  That's probably pretty much as far as I'll change it.  I've been very impressed with the power the bike has without significant mods (I've installed a Satge 1 kit and jetted the carb).  This is the oldest big twin engine I've ever owned - the rest have all been Twin Cams.  This bike will easily out-perform my FXDX, Road King, and Electra Glide.

I would very much like to find an FXR3 seat.  I've read many of your responses that the '3 seat is comfortable enough to use as a daily riding and touring seat.  However, the Corbin seat (Gunfighter and the lady)  is quite comfortable but the passenger area is thick enough to interfere with the stock short backrest.

I plan to attend the gathering in May in Eureka Springs.  It's interesting that, in most cases, I go to Harley gatherings to see the variety of bikes, but I'm actually looking forward to visiting a small group of machines that all look alike!

Hope to see you there!

Scott
Scott

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2008, 08:12:35 PM »

Want to mention again the potential of featuring the FXR bikes at the CVO 10th birthday party in Eureka Springs in May.  Link in the signature line below my posts to the event. 

If we can get a few FXR bikes there we have the potential for a room in the convention center for an FXR bike show.  It's a nice facility.  As the bikes that started it all the 10 year anniversary would be a nice showcase.

If overall attendance is satisfactory with the hotel we'll be able to score a room in the convention center.  FXRs will need to be there to make it happen though.

RedFXR2

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »

I would very much like to find an FXR3 seat.  I've read many of your responses that the '3 seat is comfortable enough to use as a daily riding and touring seat.  However, the Corbin seat (Gunfighter and the lady)  is quite comfortable but the passenger area is thick enough to interfere with the stock short backrest.

Scott, you'll find that the FXR3 seat will do the same thing--the pillion pad is considerably thicker than the same area on the FXR2 Badlander seat.  When I swapped mine for a FXR3 seat, I simply replaced the FXR2 sissy bar (HD Mini Rail, 52744-94, plus 52513-94 backrest pad)) with the FXR3 sissy bar (HD Short Rail, 52728-95, plus 52517-94 backrest pad).  Both the mini rail and short rails were used on many HD's for a number of years and I think both are still available.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:02:16 AM by RedFXR2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »

Want to mention again the potential of featuring the FXR bikes at the CVO 10th birthday party in Eureka Springs in May.  Link in the signature line below my posts to the event. 

If we can get a few FXR bikes there we have the potential for a room in the convention center for an FXR bike show.  It's a nice facility.  As the bikes that started it all the 10 year anniversary would be a nice showcase.

If overall attendance is satisfactory with the hotel we'll be able to score a room in the convention center.  FXRs will need to be there to make it happen though.

I'm hoping we can pull off a great FXR turnout. Might be a once in a lifetime thing for us! :nixweiss:

Who do we have so far?

Phil's taking his new Yellow4 and picking up me, Binx, and Joy!
Elvislee and Abbynormal said they were going.
Scott just signed up.
Mike (Red), you going?
I thought Mikey said he'd be there.
Brian, see ya in ES! ;)
How bout you Dave? AL isn't that far.
George and Bill haven't chimed in.
How about it Jerry? And mikefxr3?
And this'll take some real coaxing, but I'd love to see Tim and his buddy zn there!!! :2vrolijk_21:

It'd be great to get 20 or more of these babies together. This list comprises 15 already! Let's show these FD guys what REAL CVO bikes look like!!! ::) :P :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2008, 10:23:37 PM »

I'm hoping we can pull off a great FXR turnout. Might be a once in a lifetime thing for us! :nixweiss:

Mike (Red), you going?

Highly doubtful, Howie.  For a lot of family duty type reasons (kids in school).  I have to say that if I was ever going to be interested in a GTG, this would be the one, for the single reason of the possibility of meeting other FXR folks.

Right now, my calendar is swamped for April of 09, May looks fairly quiet, and then it picks up again in June, so I suppose there's still an outside chance.  Have to wait and see how Wifey's schedule shapes up.  She travels for business and sometimes on only a few days notice.

I might have to decide on a Wednesday, rent a MC trailer and then sleep in it for accomodations.  Hmmmmm.  Might add to the experience.  :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »

Who do we have so far?

Phil's taking his new Yellow4 and picking up me, Binx, and Joy!
Elvislee and Abbynormal said they were going.
Scott just signed up.
Mike (Red), you going?
I thought Mikey said he'd be there.
Brian, see ya in ES! ;)
How bout you Dave? AL isn't that far.
George and Bill haven't chimed in.
How about it Jerry? And mikefxr3?
And this'll take some real coaxing, but I'd love to see Tim and his buddy zn there!!! :2vrolijk_21:

It'd be great to get 20 or more of these babies together. This list comprises 15 already! Let's show these FD guys what REAL CVO bikes look like!!! ::) :P :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

I've not been keeping track of bike types in the attendees list in the Eureka Springs thread.  No one has mentioned it when they've sent their names along but I'd not been specifically asking either. 

Send along a PM if you're an FXR rider going to Eureka.  I'll color code the name in the attendees list and do a better job of keeping track as the event moves forward.  Would love to have enough there to do an FXR bike show.  Though it would royally suck if there was so much FXR fun I had to start looking for a red 2 between now and then just to keep from feeling left out.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »

"....This bike (FXR2) will easily out-perform my FXDX...."

Scott, what year is/was your FXDX and do you still own it?  I find it interesting that you have said that you feel your FXR2 will out perform your FXDX, the most interesting "element" of the FXDX to me has always been the front "cartridge" forks....which seem to be a step more "progressive" (no pun intended, lol) than the conventional "dampening" rod forks we have in our FXR's.  I know that Howie and Brian have in the past spoken about the "AK-20 Traxxion" cartridge option for our FXR's but at $1,100.00 I am still not convinced of Howie's "LIBERAL" SPENDING VIEWS LOL....how is that for a "POLITICAL STATEMENT"....lol..... :2vrolijk_21:

I would very much like to find an FXR3 seat.  I've read many of your responses that the '3 seat is comfortable enough to use as a daily riding and touring seat.

Everything you have read about the FXR3 seat is absolutely true, and it's very rare that any HD seat holds up in the "comfort" area or "looks" area on any model but in this case the FXR3 seat (in my opinion) does very nicely in both areas.  Of course our FXR2's come with the HD Badlander seat it too is a great looking seat, but for comfort it's a day rider only not a great solution for "touring" so it misses the boat there.....As for a "touring" seat for a passenger the FXR3 seat, I would say that the "pillion" does fall a bit short.....the answer for a "passenger" might be the "Corbin Touring Seat that mikeyfxr3 has on his bike.....I think that is the one he has with the "orange" piping on it.  When I owned my 2003 FXDL Low Rider I purchased a corbin Touring seat, and my wife loved the "pillion" of that seat, I wasn't that affectionately fond of the "looks" but it was absolutely comfortable.....sold the bike and sold the seat.....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:31:00 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »

Well guys after just over 3 weeks of having this "THREAD" we have had 16 of us introduce ourselves and share a bit about our FXR's with one another, whether we have an FXR2, FXR3, FXR4, or a 1982-1994 FXR which is awesome.  I am thinking that the purpose of this "THREAD" is meeting and exceeding the expectations.....I continue to be hopeful that as others are introduced to this website via whatever means that we will continue to foster an enviornment where all will feel completely welcomed as well as inspired to stick around as we all get to know one another.....I am sure there are many more that haven't opted to do the "formal" introduction but I hope in time even those that are a bit "shy" will also say hi to all of us here.

I wanted to personally wish all of you and your families a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving as well as a blessed Christmas season.

I hear Howie has agreed to be Santeee Claussss  :santa2: this year, so I was just curious do I let you know publically what I want for Christmas or is that to be done under private message?  LOL

Let's keep this FXR SECTION growing and moving in a wonderful way.....Personally I am thankful to Mike (REDFXR2) for always being faithful when no one was around....as he patiently waited for all of us to show up so he could entertain us......

Where are the "lady" FXR Owner's? 

Regards To All,

Tim

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:51:54 AM by FXR2evo99 »

scobar44

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2, Arresting Red
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2008, 11:18:34 AM »

Tim;

Regarding my FXR2'as performance relative to my 1999 FXDX (which I no longer own), I was mainly speaking of the response of the FXR's 80 cu in engine's relative to all the Twin Cams (including the FXDX) that I've owned.  My FXR2 is the only Harley I have owned (except for my '93 Anniversery Sportster) with the 80 in engine, so it's the only experience I have with it.

I don't think it was 'tweaked' before I bought it and I have only added the Screamin Eagle Stage 1 package and jetted the carb.  It had Screamin Eagle Slip-on's when I bought it.  I do miss the storage that I had on my Road King and Electra Glide, so I'll be experimenting with some throw-over saddlebags.  I know they look bad, but they are only temporary, while I am on the road.

I think I'm about set on my bike except for the seat.  I have the original Badlander seat, which I use as I ride around close to home, since it looks pretty good.  I also have a Corbin "Gunfighter and Lady" seat which is pretty comfortable, but I think the best of both worlds might be found in an FXR3 (or '4) seat.  Are there any differences in the '3 and '4 seats?

Thanks.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Scott
Scott

RedFXR2

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

Are there any differences in the '3 and '4 seats?

Scott, to my knowledge the '3 and '4 seats are at least very similar in construction (pan and padding) if not identical.  They look a bit different in that the '3 seat is constructed as to appear to have a seperate rear pillion pad, while the '4 is a more integrated, one-piece look.  When I was looking I would hae bought either one as a replacement for my Badlander, but the '3 seat appeared on ebay first and I've had it ever since.  Might be the best upgrade I've ever made to my FXR2, all things considered.  It has definitely allowed me to comfortably ride it farther.

Might have put this up before but just in case:

Part numbers for the seats:  FX3-52449-99, FXR4-52450-99.  A few years back, the last time I checked, there were a few of each still languishing on dealer's shelves in the US.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:54 AM »

Scott.....

I haven't owned an FXR4 seat or even ridden on one so I am not a great source for the differences in the functional use "comparison" differences between the FXR3 and FXR4 seats.  There is however a slight difference between the FXR3 and FXR4 seat from a "looks" perspective however.  I sort of appreciate the "appearance" of the FXR3 seat a bit more.   I also of course have a buddy who owns an FXR3 and thus the seat as well of which I was able to place on my bike and ride for awhile before making the commitment....so of course I was able to see the "appearance" and when I first put the FXR3 seat on my bike, I instantly found the "appearance" positive.  Perhaps some others here have ridden both to provide a comparison of sorts and will chime in.

I am assuming you have viewed a "THREAD" on the modifications I did with saddlebags to my FXR2 which has been a great solution, although not inexpensive, I put a set of FXRS-CONV saddlebags on my bike which took some relocation effort for the rear turn signals.....but the bags are completely detachable without any awarensess that I use bags when they are off, it takes about 5 minutes to put them on and probably only 3 minutes to remove them......if you haven't seen the "THREAD" that I discuss this in let me know and I will be happy to provide the link.

Regards,

Tim

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.