Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120242 times)

elvislee

Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

:ROFLOL:   Damn Ya'll!...Now your making me want to go rent the damn movie and watch it again  ;D...Semper Fi Sean! (Florida Marine)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:31 PM »

:ROFLOL:   Damn Ya'll!...Now your making me want to go rent the damn movie and watch it again  ;D...Semper Fi Sean! (Florida Marine)

That's what I'm thinkin', too! ;D  Been awhile since I've seen it, but that is a pretty damn good one.  Wife did not think it was funny at all, though, which made me laugh even more! :o :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »

That's what I'm thinkin', too! ;D  Been awhile since I've seen it, but that is a pretty damn good one.  Wife did not think it was funny at all, though, which made me laugh even more! :o :huepfenlol2:

Binx and I saw it at Ken and Cheri's in KY! Perfect setting to watch that movie, right in the heart of Redneck Country!!! We laughed our collective asses off!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

Hehe!!!  No need to rent it . . . it's gonna be on STARZ5 on December 15! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

elvislee

« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2008, 06:12:45 AM »

Hehe!!!  No need to rent it . . . it's gonna be on STARZ5 on December 15! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hey, Hey...Good deal Brian....Ya saved me $4.00 in rental fees...................................................Cheap SOB ain't I  ;D

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2008, 08:19:51 PM »

1) Screen Name MrFeexit
2) Given Name  ie: First Name Ed
3) Age 46
4) Location in the world:  ie: State WI
5) FXR Model Owned 1987 FXRC

6) Bought the bike in September at the urging of one of my employees. Ive know him for a long time and he pointed out that all I do is work and take care of other people...I said you know what you're right. He spotted the bike for sale and I went and looked. Drove it and bought it the next day.  It was basically a one owner bike that went from father to son then I bought it. I wanted something with a past not just a brand new pretty bike. I always need to tweak stuff so this was a perfect project for me. I'm a custom carpenter. We only do remodels on high end homes. I design and build all of our cabinetry and custom woodwork as well as design baths and kitchens. A bit burnt out after this year and looking forward to working on this bike over the winter...which in WI can last for 8 months...

7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike. No major mods yet but this winter there will be. New carb, forward air cleaner. Forward controls, Fat forks, Flat Black 40 Spoke rims, Trying to give it a bit of a bobber look with a mean front end. New lights...and whatever else I can afford...or have time for.

1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »

1) Screen Name MrFeexit
2) Given Name  ie: First Name Ed
3) Age 46
4) Location in the world:  ie: State WI
5) FXR Model Owned 1987 FXRC

6) Bought the bike in September at the urging of one of my employees. Ive know him for a long time and he pointed out that all I do is work and take care of other people...I said you know what you're right. He spotted the bike for sale and I went and looked. Drove it and bought it the next day.  It was basically a one owner bike that went from father to son then I bought it. I wanted something with a past not just a brand new pretty bike. I always need to tweak stuff so this was a perfect project for me. I'm a custom carpenter. We only do remodels on high end homes. I design and build all of our cabinetry and custom woodwork as well as design baths and kitchens. A bit burnt out after this year and looking forward to working on this bike over the winter...which in WI can last for 8 months...

7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike. No major mods yet but this winter there will be. New carb, forward air cleaner. Forward controls, Fat forks, Flat Black 40 Spoke rims, Trying to give it a bit of a bobber look with a mean front end. New lights...and whatever else I can afford...or have time for.

Dude!  WELCOME to this place !   I haven't been here long, but sure am enjoining the place.  I've learned a LOT of things that I will be putting to use as I do my build.  I'm REALLY HAPPY that I was directed to this site.

I hope that you too will find it a nice place to hang out!

I'm a wood worker ..... and look forward to talking to you just about 'stuff' ............ sometimes we need a break from the bikes and 'other' things in our lives !

Again, a BIG WELCOME to You !!!!!!!!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »

Screen name; Ltank
Given name; Lynn
Age; 54
Location; Louisiana
FXR; FXR4 Screming Eagle Yellow

This is my second FXR. I have owned three FX  and 1 FLH type BT before gettin a  new 89 FXRS-SP that I loved but had to sell to help my son. The itch to to have another FXR never left after 16 years. The FXR is the ony bike I considered getting. I could have bought a 2007 96" TC for a little more than what I paid but I wanted what I wanted! I got a used 2000 FXR4 with less than 4k miles. Now I am happy!!  Wife claims I don't any house project done anymore. Imagine That! !

Bike Mods;
CV carb SE Dynojet kit with Ness Big Sucker Stage 2 Breather using stock carb Cover
Dave Mackie DM 500 Cam (wonderful cam !)
SE adjustable Chrome Molly pushrods
S&S breather gear
Python 3 Staggered Duals ( were on bike when purchased used)
Mustang 13.5" wide two peice flip seat. passenger pad 12"
Jardine Crash bars / Kuryakyn foot pegs
Fat Bob Rear Fender / Luggage rack
Stebel Dual Electric horns ( not air but very loud)
HD detachable windshield
Quick detachable Easy Brackets / Saddlebags
And the list changes. Did not include all the minor changes.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »

Hi Lynn, welcome to the fxr chatter threads
Thanks for posting up your story and the pic of your bike....... Looks REAL GOOD !!
I had to get rid of those stock bars when I got mine......I just had to be in a more upright riding position. Being a bit on the short side I needed something higher and closer.
Enjoy !!!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

mikefxr3

« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »

for anyone interested: there is a 99 fxr3 blue flame for sale on ebay. Go to harley and type in fxr3. Buy now price is about 7500. It has damage to tank and fenders. Has a salvage title which tells me there was more than minor damage. Seller has alot of pics. I would love to own a blue to go with my green but I have to get my last son out of college.

mikefxr3

RedFXR2

« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2008, 11:12:16 AM »

Ltank, welcome to the board.  Feel free to become a "regular" here. ;)

nightship9138

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2008, 10:34:15 PM »

nightship9138                                                                                                                                                                  mike                                                                                                                                                                               51                                                                                                                                                                                  roanoke va                                                                                                                                                                     red fxr2                                                                                                                                                                         april of 1999                                                                                                                                                                   corbin seat,hooker headers,all the screaming eagle stuff,braided oil lines,chrome oil tank,landmark diamond spokes in front wheel,lots of other chrome.

RedFXR2

« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »

Nightship, welcome to the board.  Cool.  Another red FXR2. :2vrolijk_21:

Just a hint, but we'd love to see some photos. ;)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »

Ed (MrFeexit) and Lynn (Itank)~~

welcome to the site and over here at FXR CHATTER......Lynn great looking FXR4.....glad you guys made it over here.....it's AWESOME!!!!   

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:31 PM »

nightship9138
mike 
51                                                                                                                                                                                 
roanoke va                                                                                                                                                                     
red fxr2                                                                                                                                                                         
april of 1999                                                                                                                                                                   
corbin seat,hooker headers,all the screaming eagle stuff,braided oil lines,chrome oil tank,landmark diamond spokes in front wheel,lots of other chrome.

Mike~~~~ Welcome.....glad you found us, I always love to ask.....how did you find us here at CVOHarley? ? ? ?  And if I am reading the above correctly does this mean you have owned your "Arresting Red" FXR2 since April of 1999, so this may make you an "ORIGINAL" Owner? ? ? ?  Which would be really exciting and cool....?

IF INDEED YOU are an "ORIGINAL" Owner you must have a WONDERFUL story to tell us all about your purchase? ? ? ?
Would love to hear it.....and EVEN if you aren't the "ORIGINAL" Owner would still be a great story to hear about how you came about your FXR2.

and like Mike (RedFXR2) said above, it's great to have ANOTHER RED FXR2 Owner here as a member.....welcome....I hope you find everyone here helpful and inviting to you.....

Thanks for saying hello and introducing yourself!!!!!

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:04:41 AM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 21 queries.