Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120245 times)

RedFXR2

Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »

...... it would be a PERFECT time to install some chrome braided oil lines .......
anybody got a lead on a source for those for the FXR4 

OK, I went and found this site .... look in the lower left corner .... see the stuff for the 1994 FXR  ?
http://www.newdawninc.com/Midwest_CD/08-068.pdf

I don't see any changes between 1994 and 2000 FXR why these oil lines won't work  .......

I would think those would fit just fine.  I've been looking for quite a while for some chrome tubing (rigid, formed to fit) oil lines.  The braided ones are nice, too, though.  If you get them, let us know how they fit and how you like them.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

I would think those would fit just fine.  I've been looking for quite a while for some chrome tubing (rigid, formed to fit) oil lines.  The braided ones are nice, too, though.  If you get them, let us know how they fit and how you like them.

I was thinking that having the 'formed' ones would be real nice.  You know the black rubber ones are formed in there ...... but the braided ones 'SHOULD' take the line alright, don't you think ??  I do want them to lay in there 'NEAT' and not look like they were just thrown in there.

If I get them, I'll post up pics for sure.  Also I'll report on fit and function too.
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

RedFXR2

« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »

I was thinking that having the 'formed' ones would be real nice.  You know the black rubber ones are formed in there ...... but the braided ones 'SHOULD' take the line alright, don't you think ??  I do want them to lay in there 'NEAT' and not look like they were just thrown in there.

Those are the concerns I would have as well.  As you point out, at least the stock black rubber hoses are formed to certain curves.  I wonder if the braided lines are basically straight and it's up to the installer to somehow bend them to shape, or not be concerned about it.  Or I suppose they might come pre-formed just like our stock rubber ones--that would be nice.

I've looked for chrome metal, formed oil lines for our bikes for a while now with no success.  I suppose one could buy some steel or brass tubing and bend/have it bent to copy the factory oil lines, adapt some sort of threaded coupling, and have the tubing chromed.  Definitely the long way around and most expensive, but do-able. 

hdfxrp92

« Reply #408 on: February 05, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »

Hello to all the FXR-ers out there...I am another.  This is my 1992 FXRP.  Not much left of the police or pursuit part.  Just the Pursuit light on my dash.  I am looking for suggestions on a new seat.  I need to get about 1 inch closer to my forward controls.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #409 on: February 05, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »

Hello to all the FXR-ers out there...I am another.  This is my 1992 FXRP.  Not much left of the police or pursuit part.  Just the Pursuit light on my dash.  I am looking for suggestions on a new seat.  I need to get about 1 inch closer to my forward controls.

Welcome to the site and the FXR section. If you like the seat you have, check with someone like www.meancitycycles.com to see if they can adjust what you got. Howie just had a seat done also, he may have another source for you to contact. Good luck with it! Nice scooter!
JW

revinkevin

« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

Welcome to the site ... I'm afraid I am no help to you on the seat recommendation. My problem is my legs are too long   :(

Very nice bike hdfxrp92  :2vrolijk_21:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #411 on: February 05, 2009, 03:29:35 PM »

hdfxrp92~~

Welcome to the Forum here and specifically us FXR owners here at the page for FXRs....

Hope you stick around and "chatter" and keep in touch here....

Now as for your seat.....well there just aren't that many options available...and does yours require a "hinge" set up or not?  Basically you have seats from Mustang and Corbin for after market and OEM HD seats as well to choose from....ummmmm I really like my FXR3 seat on my FXR2 but I am not sure if that will work on your bike or not because of our "different" model years....

Anyone else have some input on this?

Regards,

Tim

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2009, 04:22:01 PM »

Well this may be a bit radical but...I put Accutronix standard height (not for long legs) forward controls on my FXR3 that still eneded up being about an inch or two too long for me ( being "vertically challenged"  and all!)

I liked my factory seat so I had guy fabricate mounting brackets so i could move the controls back 2".  Requied a change to the brake pedal rod though.

Hard to visualize I'm sure so I'll send a pic ASAP.    Worked great for me and wasn't expensive at all.

Joe

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #413 on: February 05, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »

WELCOME to our lil FXR Heaven !!!

Your bike looks FANTASTIC

A closer seat .... check this one out ....

it's called the 'Close Gunfighter' by Corbin

Close Gunfighter is designed for folks who want seating closer to the bars and the pavement. The saddle is also built narrower in the nose which provides an easier reach to the ground. Positioned more forward for less distance to the handlebars and built with a lower seat height.

here's their website

http://www.corbin.com/harley/fxr/fxrclose.shtml

Others make 'CLOSE' saddles too, Mustang comes to mind

Good Luck ....

Let's us know what you find and get, and how well it fits your requirements, 

Thanks !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #414 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

hdfxrp92~~

Welcome to the Forum here and specifically us FXR owners here at the page for FXRs....

Hope you stick around and "chatter" and keep in touch here....

Now as for your seat.....well there just aren't that many options available...and does yours require a "hinge" set up or not?  Basically you have seats from Mustang and Corbin for after market and OEM HD seats as well to choose from....ummmmm I really like my FXR3 seat on my FXR2 but I am not sure if that will work on your bike or not because of our "different" model years....

Anyone else have some input on this?

Regards,

Tim

Tim, I can't say with 'ALL CERTAINTY' however, I'm pretty sure that there's no changes in the frame in this area dating all the way back into the 80's.  I bought the hinge hardware to install on my bike,  the part numbers were stuff that the HD Parts guy looked up and got off some 80x year model.  The tabs and stuff were already welded onto my frame when it came STOCK .... I "THINK" that these seats are interchangeable on the FXRs ............. we'll have to try them in a swap out at the CVO meeting in May   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

hdfxrp92

« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2009, 10:41:45 PM »

Revinkevin, Black Diamond, Fxr3joe, Fxr4mikey, thanks for your compliments and your help.  I really like the Corbin Gunfighter seat.  I just added some chrome flame heat sheilds to my new Sampson Big Guns (3 I think) exhaust, not pictured yet, flame grips and still have my flame mirrors and mirror stems....so the flame stiching on the seat would fit nicely.  If I get it I will let you all know how it fits.

Pulled my heads last summer and put new rings on it, around 30K on the bike at the time.  From what I was able to find out my bike was a Louisana State Patrol bike...good pick up and without all the weight of the cops items, I am down about 125+ pounds from when it was built.  FXR is and was the best handling bike HD made, in my opinion.

Ride safe

Elvis

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2009, 10:52:18 PM »

Hey to all my FXR brothers and sisters. Started a thread on fixin up my 84 FXR. If you want to look its http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33312.0

JW
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:54:10 PM by Black Diamond »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »

Hey to all my FXR brothers and sisters. Started a thread on fixin up my 84 FXR. If you want to look its http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33312.0

JW

I'm going to check it out, RIGHT NOW !

Thanks,
Mikey
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #418 on: February 08, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »

I haven't been here long  ....

But I SURE have BENEFITED from being here ..........

So many folks have posted up stuff about the FXR that I have needed to know .... THANK ALL OF YOU ...

seems to me .... that lately, for whatever reason, the vists and post by some who used to be here ALL THE TIME, are diminishing .....
Perhaps they are just 'occupied' with 'other' things in their lives at this time .............  I sure hope that the decrease in participation is no sign of worse things to come for our FXR section of this board ........

I intend to continue posting up as long as there seems to be some that are interested in responding ..................   

Long Live the FXR Fourm of this board !!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #419 on: February 08, 2009, 12:34:34 AM »

I haven't been here long  ....

But I SURE have BENEFITED from being here ..........

So many folks have posted up stuff about the FXR that I have needed to know .... THANK ALL OF YOU ...

seems to me .... that lately, for whatever reason, the vists and post by some who used to be here ALL THE TIME, are diminishing .....
Perhaps they are just 'occupied' with 'other' things in their lives at this time .............  I sure hope that the decrease in participation is no sign of worse things to come for our FXR section of this board ........

I intend to continue posting up as long as there seems to be some that are interested in responding ..................   

Long Live the FXR Fourm of this board !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey mikey...As long as all you FXR guys are here; I'll be around until....Well until I'm 6 feet under I guess  ;D Hey man, there's some great folks on this board and I dare not begin to try and name names as I'm sure I would leave someone out and that wouldn't be a good thing. Your build section is an awesome thread of tech info and plain ole fun and humor all in one; hell the entire Fxr section is......With that said.......ROCK ON and FXR's RULE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.