Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120239 times)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Blaine......

everything looks very nice.....all of this "crap" I give to Howie about his APES on "Joy" and of course Mikey's running some similar higher bars....and now seeing yours....heck....they are becoming the "norm" lol and they are growing on me....lol....really looks pretty good.....but then I consider all you guys are OLDER THAN ME.......so then I am reminded....relax grasshopper take "slow" steps towards the APES.....lol.....

Your bike is looking awesome!!!!  now we have to talk to you about changing your fork oil, unless you have done it since you have owned it.....but don't worry "grasshopper" all in DUE TIME!!!

Blaine your a blast to talk with and it was fun to be able to have an answer to your question...... :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #436 on: February 08, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »

your ride is looking MIGHTY FINE Blaine !!!!!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

elvislee

« Reply #437 on: February 08, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

Blaine......

everything looks very nice.....all of this "crap" I give to Howie about his APES on "Joy" and of course Mikey's running some similar higher bars....and now seeing yours....heck....they are becoming the "norm" lol and they are growing on me....lol....really looks pretty good.....but then I consider all you guys are OLDER THAN ME.......so then I am reminded....relax grasshopper take "slow" steps towards the APES.....lol.....

Your bike is looking awesome!!!!  now we have to talk to you about changing your fork oil, unless you have done it since you have owned it.....but don't worry "grasshopper" all in DUE TIME!!!

Blaine your a blast to talk with and it was fun to be able to have an answer to your question...... :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

Had to print that in caps huh  >:( ... ;D

Yep, you got it; Fork oil is next for the fluid changes.......................I'll be calling ya....Oh yea....you can count on that...See BOLD highlight in your above quote  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Thanks again man for all your help...Send The "Z" Man my Regards

Oh...BTW... Did ya know when you replace the O-ring gasket PN: 25416-99 for the primary/clutch cover, HD is now selling you PN: 25416-99C in it's place. As 99 is really just one big rubber O-ring; 99-C is a one piece paper type gasket the entire size of the primary/clutch cover with 5 holes in the gasket which line up with the bolt holes. the inner side of the gasket has a protruded ring of some type of gasket material which fits and lines up inside the original O-ring groove...The only reason I know is I originally put the original O-ring back in after changing the fluid but noticed it leaking at 6:00 the next day. So I pull the cover back off and sure enough I had jammed the O-ring up at the bottom when putting it back in and it was leaking slightly (like a slow oooze). So anyway I put this new gasket on and WAAALAH...Good ta go.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:34:08 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #438 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:05 PM »

your ride is looking MIGHTY FINE Blaine !!!!!!

Hey Mikey...Thanks man....You know what?....I liked all the changes I made of course. But the thing that tickeled me the most was how well the Simple Green and tooth brush worked on that silver motor :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :cherry: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: That motor ain't been that clean since I had it and wasn't that clean before I bought it....Tha stuff worked gooooooooooooooooood  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #439 on: February 08, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »

Hey Mikey...Thanks man....You know what?....I liked all the changes I made of course. But the thing that tickeled me the most was how well the Simple Green and tooth brush worked on that silver motor :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :cherry: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: That motor ain't been that clean since I had it and wasn't that clean before I bought it....Tha stuff worked gooooooooooooooooood  :2vrolijk_21:

You're Welcome, and the Compliments on your bike are DESERVED !  she's a dayum good looking ride !!!    can I borrow her .....  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Glad the Simple Green worked for you ... it works on mine.  It's a bit time consuming, but it cleans it up REAL GOOD !!!!

Here's another tip for you .... and if you want I can find you a weblink and partnumber

I ride bicycle a lot, well, not so much in the last year, but in 2007 I rode just short of 2,000 miles on my bicycle.  I LOVE anything on two wheels !!!!!!

SO, here's the tip.  On the bicycles, the chain cassette in the rear is VERY VERY TIGHT, the gears are so close together that in order to CLEAN it you have to have a 'SPECIAL' brush.   It's curved to fit the gears, but for the motorcycle engine, here's the good part.  The bristles are LONG and STIFF, much more so than a toothbrush.  Since the bristles are long, they get into and in between the fins on the motorcycle engine .... makes cleaning it EASIER, BETTER, and just a bit FASTER than the toothbrush .....

Let me know if you want me to get info on it for you..........
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #440 on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:18 PM »

You're Welcome, and the Compliments on your bike are DESERVED !  she's a dayum good looking ride !!!    can I borrow her .....  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Glad the Simple Green worked for you ... it works on mine.  It's a bit time consuming, but it cleans it up REAL GOOD !!!!

Here's another tip for you .... and if you want I can find you a weblink and partnumber

I ride bicycle a lot, well, not so much in the last year, but in 2007 I rode just short of 2,000 miles on my bicycle.  I LOVE anything on two wheels !!!!!!

SO, here's the tip.  On the bicycles, the chain cassette in the rear is VERY VERY TIGHT, the gears are so close together that in order to CLEAN it you have to have a 'SPECIAL' brush.   It's curved to fit the gears, but for the motorcycle engine, here's the good part.  The bristles are LONG and STIFF, much more so than a toothbrush.  Since the bristles are long, they get into and in between the fins on the motorcycle engine .... makes cleaning it EASIER, BETTER, and just a bit FASTER than the toothbrush .....

Let me know if you want me to get info on it for you..........

Please send Mikey...I was wondering what I could do about that  :2vrolijk_21:

DUDE  :vrolijk27: :zwtf: Ya got a perfectly good riding machine ya don't have ta peddle and your riding one you do  :nixweiss:  :confused5:... ;D

Now everytime I'm driving in my cage and I see the friggin bike peddeler in front of me who won't get out of the way; I'm gonna hollar...HEY MIKEY..GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT OF THE ROAD YA IDIOT!!!!...Ya know; sorta like Howie and all them NYC folks do everyday  ;D

Oh...you can borrow my "Sarah" anytime   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:44:50 PM by elvislee »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #441 on: February 08, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »

Please send Mikey...I was wondering what I could do about that  :2vrolijk_21:

Try this ... this is the one that I have ... I bought it a a local bike store, it's a COMMON item
http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=4&item=GSC%2D1

DUDE  :vrolijk27: :zwtf: Ya got a perfectly good riding machine ya don't have ta peddle and your riding one you do  :nixweiss:  :confused5:... ;D
Yup   ;D  anything on two wheels ..... I'll post up a pic of mine .... you might expect that it's not your AVERAGE bicycle 

Now everytime I'm driving in my cage and I see the friggin bike peddeler in front of me who won't get out of the way; I'm gonna hollar...HEY MIKEY..GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT OF THE ROAD YA IDIOT!!!!...Ya know; sorta like Howie and all them NYC folks do everyday  ;D

you see the signs everywhere ...... 'SHARE THE ROAD' ..............    ;D    now when you see one, you might think of me, and think to yourself, hey man, give the dude a break, he's out there and working it ..............  yeah yeah ,,,,,, I know, some cyclist just don't get it either, and like to get out in the lane and hold up traffic ... but it's a live and let live situation ..... well, there's tons of threads on that stuff too.....  so I don't need to bring all that in here   :huepfenlol2:

Oh...you can borrow my "Sarah" anytime   :2vrolijk_21:   SWEET  !!  They will look VERY NICE sitting next to each other ..... don't ya think   ?   
:pepper: :pepper:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #442 on: February 08, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »

Hey thans for the link..

Seriously man I don't hollar at them folks riding their bikes....Usually just do NASCAR like Bump and run on em  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #443 on: February 08, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »

Hey thans for the link..

Seriously man I don't hollar at them folks riding their bikes....Usually just do NASCAR like Bump and run on em  ;D

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

yeah man, makes em spin out    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #444 on: February 08, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »

Blaine, don't tell Howie and Tim that we were up here til almost midnight postin up stuff ......

they won't know how to act    :nixweiss:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #445 on: February 08, 2009, 11:42:18 PM »

Blaine, don't tell Howie and Tim that we were up here til almost midnight postin up stuff ......

they won't know how to act    :nixweiss:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It won't be long before Tim hits the keys; he usually starts tappin em around midnight or so..Ya ever notice that? Wht's the man doin; does he ride all day and write all night  :nixweiss:  ;D

Now Howie on the other hand; He don't worry about folks like us; he can get on here and be done passed us in posts in about 3 seconds. I ain't never seen a man that could type as fast or faster than he talks  ;D...I'l bet he talks to himself when he's typing all his stuff in; bet he don't have any fingerprints either :huepfenlol2:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:44:52 PM by elvislee »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:18 AM »

Oh...BTW... Did ya know when you replace the O-ring gasket PN: 25416-99 for the primary/clutch cover, HD is now selling you PN: 25416-99C in it's place. As 99 is really just one big rubber O-ring; 99-C is a one piece paper type gasket the entire size of the primary/clutch cover with 5 holes in the gasket which line up with the bolt holes. the inner side of the gasket has a protruded ring of some type of gasket material which fits and lines up inside the original O-ring groove...

12:11AM EST  LOL....still 10:11PM MST lol......and here I BEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah Blaine I should have mentioned that.....the outer priimary cover on our FXR2s, 3s, and 4s is the same one on my 2002 RKC....funny how some parts go back and forth.....anyway.....the "paper" like disc began back in 2005 or something like that.....and yes, that rubber like stuff is a raised material that keeps the oil from crossing over it....

Hey Mikey I would like a PHOTO demonstration of you cleaning your FINS.....this coming from a guy who won't CLEAN HIS BOLTS....LOL.....what, what, what.....LOL.....OK, OK, OK......now give me the scientific reasoning for cleanin them fins.....LOL....nah.....actually I am only teasin.....but your "TIP" above seems like a GREATTTTTTT IDEA...but a youtube demonstration MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE.....your not "CAMERA" shy are yah?????   MR. MODEL!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Tim

elvislee

« Reply #447 on: February 09, 2009, 12:27:43 AM »

Oh...BTW... Did ya know when you replace the O-ring gasket PN: 25416-99 for the primary/clutch cover, HD is now selling you PN: 25416-99C in it's place. As 99 is really just one big rubber O-ring; 99-C is a one piece paper type gasket the entire size of the primary/clutch cover with 5 holes in the gasket which line up with the bolt holes. the inner side of the gasket has a protruded ring of some type of gasket material which fits and lines up inside the original O-ring groove...

12:11AM EST  LOL....still 10:11PM MST lol......and here I BEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah Blaine I should have mentioned that.....the outer priimary cover on our FXR2s, 3s, and 4s is the same one on my 2002 RKC....funny how some parts go back and forth.....anyway.....the "paper" like disc began back in 2005 or something like that.....and yes, that rubber like stuff is a raised material that keeps the oil from crossing over it....

Hey Mikey I would like a PHOTO demonstration of you cleaning your FINS.....this coming from a guy who won't CLEAN HIS BOLTS....LOL.....what, what, what.....LOL.....OK, OK, OK......now give me the scientific reasoning for cleanin them fins.....LOL....nah.....actually I am only teasin.....but your "TIP" above seems like a GREATTTTTTT IDEA...but a youtube demonstration MIGHT BE APPROPRIATE.....your not "CAMERA" shy are yah?????   MR. MODEL!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Tim

OK Tim...I'm gonna jump on your band wagon on this topic.

MIKEY CLEAN YOUR BOLTS MAN!!!...Dude...Your doing all that hard work and A fine job your doing...Think of it as I would think your momma would tell ya...Son, when you in the tub taking a bath and your all clean; are you gonna put the same nasty A$$ drawers ya had on before ya got in the tub? You don't need some scientific data study ta know it will make ya feel better if ya clean em; like our buddy Howie say's, "IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE"...I been wanting to say that forever   :zroflmao: . Take a wire brush and clean them babies up man  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

elvislee

« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »

Hey ladies and Gents...When I posted the pics of my 4 a few days a go; I forgot one; so here it is. Hey; what can I say, you know we all (almost) like to show off our babies

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #449 on: February 11, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »

Hey ladies and Gents...When I posted the pics of my 4 a few days a go; I forgot one; so here it is. Hey; what can I say, you know we all (almost) like to show off our babies

Looking good Blaine ... that might be my favorite one, of the bunch you left it out of ...... you have a lot of good pics of your GOOD LOOKING SLED !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.