Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120235 times)

RedFXR2

Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »

...See, you guys start talking all this crap I never thought of and now ya got me looking at these damn things...

I know what you mean.  Someimes this can be dangerous......and expensive. ;D

But then if I listened to Howie; I'd have to sell tha kids  ;D

I shopped mine around once, but the economy's down in that market, too. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #466 on: February 12, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »

Hey Mikey..My eyes are rough man; even with my glasses I'm having a hard time determining if that jack you have your bike on is a Craftsman or not? If it is what is the model number and price if I can ask?  :2vrolijk_21:.................Way ta clean them bolts man; were PROUD of ya Mikey  :D ;D :zroflmao:

it's a Craftsman ... this model, which I bought on sale for 90 bucks last fall

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P?vName=Automotive&cName=Tools+%26+Equipment&sName=Lift+Equipment

in my pictures it is only half way up .... so I could pump it up higher, but with this stool, it works well at this setting
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00951164000P

Sears also has this jack .... which is 'better' than the red one .... however for the FXR, the red one works better, more on this later
now this is a really nice jack, for under 200 clams .... if you wanna spend about 500 or so, well you get the picture
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950191000P?mv=rr

the problem with that yellow one, when used for the FXR4 (maybe other FXRs too, I don't know) ... is this ... look real close at the pictures of the red one and yellow one. On the yellow one you will see a cross member going across the front, on the red one, there is no cross member - it's open across the front.
On the FXR4, you look under the bike and see how/where the jiffy stand (kick stand) is mounted onto the bottom of the frame ..... well, with that cross member going across the font it hits on the bracket and the jiffy stand.  With the red one, you slide the left arm of the jack just to the left side of the jiffy stand and slide it under the bike, no problem. With either one of them, you have to stand the bike up straight in order to slide the jack under it.... when the bike is on the jiffy stand, the frame is to low on the left side to have clearance for the jack to slide under.
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

elvislee

« Reply #467 on: February 12, 2009, 10:57:33 PM »

it's a Craftsman ... this model, which I bought on sale for 90 bucks last fall

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P?vName=Automotive&cName=Tools+%26+Equipment&sName=Lift+Equipment

in my pictures it is only half way up .... so I could pump it up higher, but with this stool, it works well at this setting
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00951164000P

Sears also has this jack .... which is 'better' than the red one .... however for the FXR, the red one works better, more on this later
now this is a really nice jack, for under 200 clams .... if you wanna spend about 500 or so, well you get the picture
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950191000P?mv=rr

the problem with that yellow one, when used for the FXR4 (maybe other FXRs too, I don't know) ... is this ... look real close at the pictures of the red one and yellow one. On the yellow one you will see a cross member going across the front, on the red one, there is no cross member - it's open across the front.
On the FXR4, you look under the bike and see how/where the jiffy stand (kick stand) is mounted onto the bottom of the frame ..... well, with that cross member going across the font it hits on the bracket and the jiffy stand.  With the red one, you slide the left arm of the jack just to the left side of the jiffy stand and slide it under the bike, no problem. With either one of them, you have to stand the bike up straight in order to slide the jack under it.... when the bike is on the jiffy stand, the frame is to low on the left side to have clearance for the jack to slide under.

Hey thanks for those links; I see what ya mean about the yellow one and I know also what you mean about the cross member. My Bro-in law has one with the cross member and it did exactly like ya said with it hitting the kick stand mount thing a ma gig  ;D I'm goin witht the red one when I get some more play money; this site has about ruined my friggin wallet  ;D

elvislee

« Reply #468 on: February 12, 2009, 10:59:12 PM »

Mikey; Damn nice job with all the info and pics; I'm impressed man  :2vrolijk_21: but more so that ya cleaned your bolts  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #469 on: February 12, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »

would a Mod Please move post 467 and 468 over to the thread,  "mikey's build of his FXR4"

here
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31138.0

Thanks
Mikey
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #470 on: February 12, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »

And while I'm thinkin about it; I'm gonna give a big SHOUT OUT! to our buddy Howie  8) He gave me some much needed techincal advice tonight; Thank ya Howie  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #471 on: February 12, 2009, 11:36:18 PM »

Mikey; Damn nice job with all the info and pics; I'm impressed man  :2vrolijk_21: but more so that ya cleaned your bolts  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Blaine ..... now if I waz jus smart enough to put the stuff in my own thread    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

what a dumazz   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:     :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »

would a Mod Please move post 467 and 468 over to the thread,  "mikey's build of his FXR4"

here
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31138.0

Thanks
Mikey
Done. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

elvislee

« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

Hey guys...I want ya'll ta know I called Tim last night and I gotta tell ya.....HE"S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!...Everytime I call a phone number I think the the PSYCHE ward is answering....VEWY, VEWY,VEWY funwy silwy wabbit.......Hey Tim ..........................................................:sauer021:......... :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:08:21 AM by elvislee »

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »

want me to call? I can't help with bike stuff but I can solve your house probs....
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

elvislee

« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2009, 05:50:34 PM »

want me to call? I can't help with bike stuff but I can solve your house probs....

MrFeexit..Please call him at that number and see if you can help him out; man I can't understand for the life of me what he's talkin about ...Thanks man  :2vrolijk_21:

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2009, 07:04:52 PM »

Done. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks Fireman !!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »

Tim - to followup on our phone conversation today ......

So, how do the SE heads compare up to stock 1340 EVO heads ...

SE Specs:
re-designed combustion chamber is optimized for flow and efficiency and is 72CC's, this equates to a 9.5:1 compression ratio with stock pistons.
Heads come with larger than stock 1.898" intake valves and 1.623" exhaust valves and are equipped with Valve Spring Kit P/N 18223-98.

Stock heads:
Combustion chamber is 83CC's which equates to 8.27:1 with stock pistons
1.840" intake valves and 1.615" exhaust valves and are equipped with Valve Spring Kit P/N ??

and here's the stuff about proper valve spring setup .... as we discussed, to get the max benefit and longevity it is best NOT to have OVERLY STRONG valve springs, use the minimim amount to keep the valves seated.

Valve Spring Pressures and Installation Height

The valve springs installed should be the minimum seat pressure needed to maintain good valve contact. High seat pressures lead to rapid wear of the valve seat area.

Given that ..... I'm still not taking my new SE heads down and having them re-worked .....just the way I am

Determining installed spring height

1. Using both top and bottom collars, place the spring assembly in a small vise. Close the vise until the outer spring is solid.
   2. Measure the compressed spring height, without the collars. This measurement will be the solid height.
   3. Calculate the installed spring height using the following formula:
      Installed height = maximum valve lift + .060" + solid spring height
   4. Maximum valve lift numbers can be take from the vendors specifications. As an example, an S&S 561 has a lift of .560". The solid height for a set of Andrews valve springs is 1.190". The installed spring height will be:
      1.810" = .560" + .060" + 1.190"
   5. When you install the springs, check for .050" clearance between the valve guide and the upper spring collar at maximum valve lift.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:58:19 PM by fxr4mikey »
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »

Thanks....

Mikey that was/is good information.....

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

Opps huge topic shift....LOL.....will come back to Mikey's post above in a moment...

Now that half of us aren't "chattin" here anymore....LOL....BUT I KNOW YOU ALL ARE LURKING!!!!!!  geez if the ZMMMMMAUUUUN only knew....what he STARTED......lol

SO.....

Ummm if you "lurkers" want to let me know privately that's fine....lol but what's everyone think about creating a new "THREAD" which might be called FXR2, FXR3, FXR4 for sale.....

Sound like a good idea?    well, I couldn't wait....lol I started the "THREAD" anyway....here take a peek:
CLICK HERE

That way they don't get put into other THREADS and we will have another THREAD that can can be brought up specifically about those for sale.....? ? ? ?

How about if someone finds it....they take the responsibility to also copy and paste a photo and the description and place it in the posting as well....the logic behind this is we all know Ebay dumps the photos after a certain amount of time....and we don't take this step all we will have is a old description but no visual reference.....and then once it sells if it does sell someone can post what it sold for by going back into the Original Thread as well......

This simply serves us all as we are interested in bringing us together with such information.......sound like a good idea or not?

I am going to go ahead and start the THREAD if you guys think it's a "crappy" idea.....I can always delete the THREAD.....and we can move on.....

Kevin over in the FXR2, FXR3, and FXR4 photos just posted a add so I will let this be our first example......

Let me know some feed back from this idea.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:49:17 PM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Page created in 0.497 seconds with 21 queries.