Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120239 times)

elvislee

Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »

Opps huge topic shift....LOL.....will come back to Mikey's post above in a moment...

Now that half of us aren't "chattin" here anymore....LOL....BUT I KNOW YOU ALL ARE LURKING!!!!!!  geez if the ZMMMMMAUUUUN only knew....what he STARTED......lol
SO.....

Ummm if you "lurkers" want to let me know privately that's fine....lol but what's everyone think about creating a new "THREAD" which might be called FXR2, FXR3, FXR4 for sale.....

Sound like a good idea?    well, I couldn't wait....lol I started the "THREAD" anyway....here take a peek:
CLICK HERE

That way they don't get put into other THREADS and we will have another THREAD that can can be brought up specifically about those for sale.....? ? ? ?

How about if someone finds it....they take the responsibility to also copy and paste a photo and the description and place it in the posting as well....the logic behind this is we all know Ebay dumps the photos after a certain amount of time....and we don't take this step all we will have is a old description but no visual reference.....and then once it sells if it does sell someone can post what it sold for by going back into the Original Thread as well......

This simply serves us all as we are interested in bringing us together with such information.......sound like a good idea or not?

I am going to go ahead and start the THREAD if you guys think it's a "crappy" idea.....I can always delete the THREAD.....and we can move on.....

Kevin over in the FXR2, FXR3, and FXR4 photos just posted a add so I will let this be our first example......

Let me know some feed back from this idea.

Regards,

Tim

Yes Sir Mr. Tim and the Z-Maaaaaaaaaan is and always will be the Potentate of Lurkers  ;D Send our Lurkin King our highest praise from all his little lurkers  :znotworthy: 

elvislee

« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

Now back to my lurkin laird of lurkin loyalty...See ya  :2vrolijk_21:  ;)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »

Re: Visor/Headlamp fairing for FXR's.
« Reply #24 on: Today at 06:09:28 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: naitram on Today at 03:09:28 PM
will it be funny when none of you have accounts on this site anymore?

Mike (REDFXR2) Response:

In a word, yes.

Neal, in all honesty and with no hard feelings, this threat indicates your somewhat exalted belief that membership on this board has some sort of high value.  Nothing personal, but I assure you, my sun doesn't rise or set with your posting board. 
I have plenty to do elsewhere.

In sum your threat to me simply isn't one.

So allow me to save you the trouble about my account.

Take it easy, I've enjoyed my time here, it was nice to have met you in Maggie Valley and I wish you the best.  Ride safe.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:59:15 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »

wow.....that really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :-\   :-\   :-\

THE ONE GUY THAT KEPT THIS PLACE RUNNING WHEN NO ONE WAS AROUND.....HE WOULD WAIT AROUND FOR WEEKS TO TALK WITH ANYONE ABOUT THEIR FXR'S AND WAS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP..........

I AM NOT OVER ESTIMATING THIS BUT HE WAS THE FXR SECTION BOARD.......

YOU KNOW IT'S NOT SO FUNNY ANYMORE......THE REAL LOOSERS IS ANYONE THAT COMES TO THIS SECTION AND HAS HAD A HELPING HAND FROM MIKE.......

Tim

Bluboar

• Who said Hogs can't fly?
« Reply #484 on: February 25, 2009, 01:34:13 AM »

Newbie to the site looking forward to the banter and BS.  I just inherited a fully restored '82 FXRS and its original '82 Shovel (with the special string attached with a big magnet on the other end that drags behind the bike to catch all the parts that rattle off).   :huepfenjump3:  Candy Tangerine with grey flames.  Scoot is a lot of fun to ride (a trailer Queen she'll never be) and when stopped the FXR frame and Shovel gets a conversation going.  Hope to see a few of you at DBW next week.  My brother restored it before being shipped to the Sandbox and Rockpile in the Middle East. 
I looking to learn as much as I can to keep this little HOG in high heaven and in fighting shape.  Talk to you all soon.
Love the squeal of the wheel on my '82 FXRS.  #@&*! Hogs, can truly fly!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2009, 03:01:56 AM »

Good morning Bluboar,

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread New member introduction
with a pic of your bike  ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Bluboar

« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »

Bonjour Jacques

Thanks for the Bienvenue! I'll get a pic or 2 of the bike as well as some of the festivities at Daytona Bike Week this weekend and post em.  Thanks again and talk to you soon.

elvislee

« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2009, 06:54:34 AM »

Newbie to the site looking forward to the banter and BS.  I just inherited a fully restored '82 FXRS and its original '82 Shovel (with the special string attached with a big magnet on the other end that drags behind the bike to catch all the parts that rattle off).   :huepfenjump3:  Candy Tangerine with grey flames.  Scoot is a lot of fun to ride (a trailer Queen she'll never be) and when stopped the FXR frame and Shovel gets a conversation going.  Hope to see a few of you at DBW next week.  My brother restored it before being shipped to the Sandbox and Rockpile in the Middle East. 
I looking to learn as much as I can to keep this little HOG in high heaven and in fighting shape.  Talk to you all soon.

That must be an aftermarket string  ??? I know the stealer don't sell one. It must be made of braided stainless steel so as not to rust  ??? What happens when ya ride over a manhole cover with that big magnet ??? Bet that ol shovel starts bogging down then  ??? Hey, a thought, How strong is that magnet  ??? I got two metal hips from my hip surgery; Ifn I'm standing on the street corner when ya drive by, should I run like hell  ???...just wonderin  ???
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:02:34 AM by elvislee »

cabntmkr

« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »

1) Screen Name: cabntmkr
2) Given Name: Ted R.
3) Age : 51
4) Location in the world:  Central Kansas
5) FXR Model Owned : 1999 FXR3
6) I bought my FXR3 in Feb. 2000. A friend of mine bought one and I decided I needed one too. This bike was the very first Harley I've ever owned. I had always owned import bikes. Now I have acquired 4 Harleys. In addition to the FXR3, I have a 2007 FLTRI Road Glide, 2000 XL883C Sportster, 1986 FXRD Grand Touring Edition. I guess I'm hooked.
7) I wouldn't say I've done any major modifications other than, Crane Fireball cam, Taperlite pushrods, High flow Doherty air cleaner, 2-1 Thunderheader, Mustang seat and Memphis Shades windshield. The motor was rebuilt at 5000 miles under warranty supposed do to running synthetic oil in it to early. This was done by the original owner. I bought it used with 5000 miles and a newly rebuilt motor. Unfortunately the dealer neglected to tell me it had just been rebuilt and so the rings did not get properly set. It started going through a quart of oil every 700 miles which I was actually told by a Harley service person "was exceptable". Wasn'r exceptable to me, so I had a local shop pull the cylinders, hone them out and re-ring. Rings got properly set and no more oil consumption.

Bluboar

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »

Elvislee

You're a pretty funny guy.  "That must be an aftermarket string   I know the stealer don't sell one. It must be made of braided stainless steel so as not to rust   What happens when ya ride over a manhole cover with that big magnet  Bet that ol shovel starts bogging down then   Hey, a thought, How strong is that magnet   I got two metal hips from my hip surgery; Ifn I'm standing on the street corner when ya drive by, should I run like hell  ...just wonderin"

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »

~~
Unfortunately the dealer neglected to tell me it had just been rebuilt and so the rings did not get properly set.

How do you know this ?

What procedure would you follow to insure that the rings get properly set, given that they are 'new rings' ?

It started going through a quart of oil every 700 miles which I was actually told by a Harley service person "was exceptable". Wasn'r exceptable to me,

Nor to any 'SANE' person with any brain at all !! Clearly that service person has NONE !!!

so I had a local shop pull the cylinders, hone them out and re-ring. Rings got properly set ~~

and what procedure was followed to insure that this was accomplished ?
who did it ?
how was it decided that this would be the correct procedure to 'seat the rings' ?
who performed the procedure ?
how do you know they are seated correctly ? .... what is your measurement guidelines ?   how do you measure/check this ?

Thanks for any insight you can provide us in this area !!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Bluboar

« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »

My '82 FXR Shovelhead.  Re-whored, ah.... restored and properly boar hogged.  Off to Daytona Bike Week tomorrow AM bright and early.  I heard its a good place to view the "Areola Borealis" this time of year.  Hope you all have a fun ride this weekend.

elvislee

« Reply #492 on: February 28, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »

My '82 FXR Shovelhead.  Re-whored, ah.... restored and properly boar hogged.  Off to Daytona Bike Week tomorrow AM bright and early.  I heard its a good place to view the "Areola Borealis" this time of year.  Hope you all have a fun ride this weekend.

Nuttin like gettin her Re-Whored and Boared when ya can  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Bluboar buddy, I'm just a dumb ol redneck (at least according to my friends). I barley can hang with the English language; WTF is "Aerola Borealis"?

My guess is your going to DBW to scope out some ASS?  ???  ;D

And a FINE looking machine ya got there! :2vrolijk_21:

cabntmkr

« Reply #493 on: February 28, 2009, 12:23:12 PM »

The only thing I can tell you about "seating" new rings is what has been passed along to me by various service people, mechanics, fellow riders. I can't tell you if it is right or wrong, but I can tell you it worked for this particular bike. Basically I just kept it under 60 mph and varied the speed up and down for the first 50 miles. That's it! Now, I can't say that I don't use ANY oil, but I don't have to add any between oil changes(every 3000 miles). And that's still the case 25,000 miles later. I've always ran the H-D 20/50 oil. The only bike I run the synthetic in is my '07 Road Glide.

elvislee

« Reply #494 on: February 28, 2009, 08:22:18 PM »

Hey FXR gals/guys and other site members.

Hope y'all are all well and getting some riding in  :2vrolijk_21:

I would like to say it has been fun chatting back and forth here with y'all and with some of you via phone conversations. I'm not going into deep detail as to why I am leaving; (the truth is there are some here who are happy and don't care) and I think we all know those reasons; and besides, this post would probably get deleted if it doesn't anyway. So with that said; ride safe with a smile on your face. Take Care guys and the VERY BEST TO YA!...Blaine
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.