Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120239 times)

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #495 on: February 28, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »

Awww cmon Elvislee!!! Don't bail!!!
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

it's gonna suck around here if I'm just talkin to myself ........

no longer a need for more pics .... heck if I'm the only one looking, I already seen em    :confused5:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #497 on: March 01, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

it's gonna suck around here if I'm just talkin to myself ........

no longer a need for more pics .... heck if I'm the only one looking, I already seen em    :confused5:

I'm still here Mike! I'm not going anywhere.

JW

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

I'm still here Mike! I'm not going anywhere.

JW

Let the party BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :orange:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2009, 08:19:15 PM »

Mikey & Jeff......

Hmmmm Blaine is now gone too......well that sucks too......2 guys in a week......I am going to miss Blaine he was and is a great guy that always was so positive and was always willing to lend a hand....dang it......

Mikey I know it's a lot of work to post your build in two places as it is for Jeff.....your builds are indeed big hits over at HTT that's for sure.....Mikey your build will at least be found within the FXR Section....for FXR CVO owners and I hope you continue to post to it.....even though it's a lot of work.....

With both of your builds I plan on indexing them over at HTT so they will be easily found by all FXR builders that go over there.....

Jeff with your build.....I can understand if you don't keep doing it over here......heck I don't even know where it is at over here really.....with it over in la la land.....

I would have hoped that anything dealing with FXR's would have been able to stay within the FXR Section, because as a FXR CVO Owner your effort and knowledge helps me and benefits me as a CVO Owner.....I for one really thank you for your efforts even though you may feel a bit odd about the treatment your build has received.....

Anyway.....3 major personalities that use to come here (FXR SECTION) have basically left, 2 have ceased their accounts while 1 is no longer posting.....that's quite a few hits for this section of CVO Harley.....

I have pretty much lost my energy to post here as well.....maybe with time.....that will change.....but since I haven't "signed" off I am able to still see your photos Mikey.....

The saddest of all is that those three personalities made up nearly 33% of our activity over here......I know some of you come and read and privately......which is great.....but if people aren't postin you won't be readin.......That's what was so amazing about Mike he would continue to help on a regular basis......waiting sometimes weeks for someone else to visit the site.....and poof.....gone....

I just thought I needed to acknowledge Blaine's leaving, he is a great guy....takes care of his two grandsons and on and on.....I am going to miss him here.....

Alrighty.....

Regards,

Tim

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #500 on: March 01, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »

Hi Tim

My 84 FXR stuff is in the Evo section. Here's a shortcut. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33312.0

I don't mind posting on two sites. I've had a number of pm in both sites asking me to continue so when I have time, I do. Don't let things get you down. Once winter is by us, we'll be in the wind and everyone starts getting happier!

Relax fella, it's not raining and nobody's shoot at us = a good day!

For You, a pic I haven't posted before. at least I don't think I did

JW
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:40:33 PM by Black Diamond »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #501 on: March 02, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »

I've tried not to get into the 'riff' that's been going on here. But I also don't like thinking that I'm sticking my head in the sand.

If a person has an FXR and 'PERSONALLY' decides to post up his thread in the FXR section, then I think it should STAY THERE!
If that person that has an FXR and decides to post up his thread in the EVO section, then I think it should STAY THERE!

If you want to get right down to the TRUE ASPECT of it, they could ALL be posted in the EVO section ....... well, since 198? when the FXR got the EVO engine.
Since that time, until the last of them in 2000 they are ALL EVO's  !!!

You may recall that before I started my build, that I posted up that I was in the process of deciding for myself where I thought it would be best, for the 'group at large' for me to post up my build.  There was a suggestion that I put it in the FXR section, and put a link to it in the EVO section - I did put it in the FXR section, but did not put a link to it in the EVO section.

I'm sorry to have seen the folks leave that left.  We need to do all that we can to keep everyone here. It's through the collective efforts that we keep each other 'informed' and 'educated' about our rides.  If folks are treated with no, or little, respect, they'll leave. This will not benefit any of us, nor the site in general.
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #502 on: March 02, 2009, 10:42:52 AM »

Hi Tim

My 84 FXR stuff is in the Evo section. Here's a shortcut. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33312.0

I don't mind posting on two sites. I've had a number of pm in both sites asking me to continue so when I have time, I do. Don't let things get you down. Once winter is by us, we'll be in the wind and everyone starts getting happier!

Relax fella, it's not raining and nobody's shoot at us = a good day!

For You, a pic I haven't posted before. at least I don't think I did

JW

BD

Great picture!
Got to ask a question though.
My 86 FXRC was belt drive, I see yours is chain.
When did the FXR's change?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #503 on: March 02, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »

Hey Chip

I believe the belt came on in 1985. The 84's had the 1st evos. The MoCo made several changes from 84 to 85 and up.
I seem to have that kind of luck. If I understand the latest MOCO changes, my 08 SERK will have seats and tanks that fit only that year with the larger gas tank!

I'm getting all the parts I may need on hand now. I've had to really look for some of the 84 parts I've found.

JW

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2009, 12:09:42 AM »

Well hello kids!!!

Been a while since I logged on. And here I find this thread!!! YAY! So...I'm in.

1) Screen Name: Neanderpaul
2) Given Name: Paul
3) Age: 40
4) Location in the world: KCMO
5) FXR Model Owned: FXR3
6) "Lucked" into it. Was originally going to buy a Bad Boy. But, the dealer i was dealing with at the time, sold it out from under me. So, I made sure the next time I saw something I liked, I told them to specifically hold it for me. I bought it sight-unseen with 3520 or so on the clock.
7) Nothing major modded. Have replaced rocker box gaskets. Changed out ignition module and modded the air cleaner to an S&S but fabricated bracket to keep stock cover, and wide open back :) Changed some cosmetics to make it look better. Obviously, V&H Straight Shots. Swapped lights, mirrors (rounds for ovals), matched the hand and foot pegs. Other than that, I left it bone stock. Why screw with the best bike the MoCo has ever made. The FXR rolls and those who know, appreciate. It's awesome, and I'm very lucky to have it.

Here...before someone posts it:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:12:20 AM by neanderpaul »
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

fxr4guy

« Reply #505 on: March 14, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

1) FXR4GUY
2) Ric
3) 58
4)East Peoria,IL
5) FXR4 Candy Tangerine
6) Just happened to walk  into Harley Dealership in Streator,IL they just got it in no one new they were making them so there was no one the list for it they said I could buy it on the spot so I did. What a great day that was.
7) wow where to start: I bought it to ride so the first year I put 11,200 miles on it. Year 2 I decided to make it perform.
took it to a great Harley engine builder here and did the following: Had the cylinders bored .020 over, Wiseco 10:1 compression pistons, heads were ported and polished, Put Manley Streetmaster valves in with S&S valve springs, seals & guides S&S adjustable pushrods, V Thunder Comp Cam .510 lift, S.E. Lifters, S&S Lifter blocks, S.E. 44MM Carb & intake, Wood Performance 340cfm K&N Beather, Thunderheader exhaust, changed handle bar risers to 41/2 pullbacks with 6" pullback dragbar, Pingel handle bar mounted kill switch w/ tether cord, Autometer Fat Tach mounted on riser, 140 rear tire, Corbin Gunfighter seat. Other than having the motor bored and the heads done I did most of this myself having an airlift makes it much easier. She hit the Dyno @ 93 H.P 88 ft/lbs Torgue I love this bike it is fast I tried to add a pic but the file was to big if anyone knows how to help me downsize the pic let me know. I know I'm forgetting stuff but gives you an idea. I dismantled the bike 2 years ago motor out, tanny out ,sing arm off and cleaned and polished everything. She looks good

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #506 on: March 14, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »

Howdy Fxr4guy

Great to see an FXR guy so close. I'm right across the river in Bartontucky! Who did the work on your scooter? Send your pic to my email address and I'll see if I can resize it for ya.

For the FXR guys if added more pics to my redo on the 84

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33312.0

JW
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:27:18 AM by Black Diamond »

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #507 on: March 14, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »

• Screen name;  Lucille
  • Given name;  Greg
[/liAge; 61.....Ladysmith, B.C.  I live about one block south of the 49th parallel.  '92 FXRS Lowrider, DOM-Nov. '91,  purchased Oct. '92,  fairly stock looking lowrider, Ceriani 54mm inverted, dual floating discs, Progressive 412's, ....EV27 w adj. pushrods, steel breather gear, Torrington etc., flattops w 9.4:1 comp.,VTS heads-ported-flowed, modified CV-K&N etc., and an Andrews 34t trans sprocket....the 34t sprocket with the "grunt" cam works well - 170lb. rider......Lucille is the name of my bike.....thanks, Greg[/list]
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »

Hi Greg !  Welcome .....
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2009, 09:51:05 AM »

Welcome Ric !!

1) FXR4GUY
2) Ric
3) 58
4)East Peoria,IL
5) FXR4 Candy Tangerine  Same bike I have  :D
6) Just happened to walk  into Harley Dealership in Streator,IL they just got it in no one new they were making them so there was no one the list for it they said I could buy it on the spot so I did. What a great day that was.
7) wow where to start: I bought it to ride so the first year I put 11,200 miles on it. Year 2 I decided to make it perform.
took it to a great Harley engine builder here and did the following: Had the cylinders bored .020 over, Wiseco 10:1 compression pistons, heads were ported and polished, Put Manley Streetmaster valves in with S&S valve springs, seals & guides S&S adjustable pushrods, V Thunder Comp Cam .510 lift, S.E. Lifters, S&S Lifter blocks, S.E. 44MM Carb & intake, Wood Performance 340cfm K&N Beather, Thunderheader exhaust, changed handle bar risers to 41/2 pullbacks with 6" pullback

I'd really like to see pictures of that !!!
I can help you with the picture stuff ... send me a PM with your email and we can work something out ..

dragbar, Pingel handle bar mounted kill switch w/ tether cord, Autometer Fat Tach mounted on riser, 140 rear tire, Corbin Gunfighter seat Same seat that I have (Gunfighter and Lady) I really like that saddle !!.

Other than having the motor bored and the heads done I did most of this myself having an airlift makes it much easier. She hit the Dyno @ 93 H.P 88 ft/lbs Torgue
Really good numbers !!!!!!!! Nice work !!

I love this bike
Eggzactly how I feel about mine

it is fast
so's mine, but I don't know what numbers she's pulling as I just finished the build last week. I have about 450 miles on the new build .... she's STRONG NOW !!

I tried to add a pic but the file was to big if anyone knows how to help me downsize the pic let me know. I know I'm forgetting stuff but gives you an idea. I dismantled the bike 2 years ago motor out, tanny out ,sing arm off and cleaned and polished everything. She looks good
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.