Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does that stock highway peg mount look like?  (Read 1645 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
What does that stock highway peg mount look like?
« on: June 16, 2019, 08:02:16 PM »

Sorry for asking so many questions but the PO change stuff on the bike and I would like to try and put stock CVO parts back on what will work. I know I am going to change stuff myself but I will keep all the stock things I take off and put them away.

My little RANT for the day. The PO when he traded the bike in kept the owners manual. extra fob and power lock fob PLUS the Gold Key that comes with the bike. Along with the soft bags and cover. I just don't get it...…….
Why the dealer didn't ask for this stuff? To me it is part of what makes these bikes special.

NEXT RANT!!!! The DAMN dealer didn't even update the Boom stereo to the latest update. Now I have that done but how do you update the dealers list? I tried to do it but I must be doing something wrong.

Well I figured this much out. Went back out with my thumb drive and got the dealer list to update to 2019.

What have any of you done to upgrade your stereo speakers? Is the Boom Stage II speakers worth the money? And has anyone installed lower fairing speakers? It looks like Harley is the only one that offers a kit to do that. Once I did the Boom update the stereo sure sounded a lot better but it can still use some help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:09:03 AM by WildmanUltra »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

Re: What does that stock highway peg mount look like?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »

Follow this link to the parts listing and illustration for the highway pegs.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=1076&b=43&c=0&d=2015%20CVO%20ROAD%20GLIDE%20ULTRA%20(TA)%20HIGHWAY%20PEGS

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,
Okay so these are the stock pegs but I can't reach then so I am going to have to figure out a different mount.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 02:17:58 PM »

I'm thinking about going with these mounts and then some foot pegs that I can add stirrups to. I need that stirrup with my right leg amputation.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/short-angled-adjustable-highway-peg-mount-kit

But then I'm going to have to change everything to MATCH...……………  ;D ;D ;D  :bananarock:

I like the look of these foot pegs in Black.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/5003/heavy-industry-switchblades

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:21:20 PM by WildmanUltra »

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »

I like the look of these foot pegs in Black.

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/5003/heavy-industry-switchblades

I agree, these look very nice and a choice of black or chrome.  The "flick down" deal would be handy and, in the case of your requirements, useful.  Good luck any way you choose.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »

I agree, these look very nice and a choice of black or chrome.  The "flick down" deal would be handy and, in the case of your requirements, useful.  Good luck any way you choose.

Yes having the stirrup helps support the bottom of my right foot which makes my socket not put weight on my shin as I ride. I tried pegs without the stirrups and it just wasn't as comfortable. I was hoping to be able to use the stock pegs with the stirrups but they aren't compatible.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.