Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Think S&S will be my first mod  (Read 4600 times)

Bumpandrun

Re: Think S&S will be my first mod
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »

Never pulled A/C and only dropped header down a few inchs....  Maybe one of the pro engine builders can chime in but I could clearly move tensioner on a warm engine and change cam timing by my fingers ( not a fan of gear drive on a quiet touring bike)  I primed new pump and could not move it or move cam timing.  Too me it runs a bit better and is quieter on the low end low rom range.  But just my opinion.  If you not a problem solver probably not the post for you.  Not and advertisement for the company so I hope it doesn't get moved.....
Ordered parts from my supplier had them next morning. 600 bucks is chicken feed for big boy toys.
Probably not for the warranty or waxer crowd....  Sorry about pictures....they only  post like that here. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:42:41 AM by Bumpandrun »

Bumpandrun

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »

Water cooled one

Bumpandrun

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 10:50:01 AM »

Looks pretty, hope in increases scavenging and works well.  I'd like to see that hinged style tensioner design on the twin cam camplates.
D
Never thought of engine parts as pretty..lol. But you only have to have the factory stuff in your hands than compare it to aftermarket....sells itself.  My cam plate has 6500 on it.  Cam hole is already worn to the point you don't need anything but naked eye to see it.  Pump housing even snaps in tight to cases unlike the OEM that about falls out..... But that's just my opinion.

Sorry I am not and English teacher and consider the Internet just garage talk so won't be fixing any spelling,grammar or run on sentences .  Leave that to the professors......lmao.  Off to go empty the gas tank again!!!  350 miles since I did this a day ago.2500 mile trip coming up.

J.D.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

So there's a different oil pump for the water cooled engine?

Were you able to swap the plate leaving the camshaft and lifters installed under valve spring pressure?

Are you saying that the bushing that the camshaft rides on in the original camplate is already distorted?

Bumpandrun

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 09:50:06 PM »

So there's a different oil pump for the water cooled engine?

Were you able to swap the plate leaving the camshaft and lifters installed under valve spring pressure?

Are you saying that the bushing that the camshaft rides on in the original camplate is already distorted?
yes the water cooled pump seems to have 2 out of the 3 rotors thinner.  The oil cooled pump( has and I stamped in it) has what looks like 3 same size rotors.....not positive as I only had the oil cooled one in my hands for a min.  Yep swapped plate without touching anything.....but you'll have to figure that out in your own.  I have a tool I made to do it.  The heaven would fall down if I showed it here. 
There is NO bushing in my OEM plate .....cam just running on a bored hole in casting and it's already worn.....not real bad. But as I said I can see it with naked ole eyes.  Have 700 something miles on it as of now.  All good.

Bumpandrun

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »

Sorry had another one to do yesterday on a 17 street glide . The oil cooled S&S has O on the pump not I .  Thought I posted it rite.  Mine now has 1400 miles on S&S pump......ships and giggles I checked crankcase.......5 OZ of oil.  OEM I had  8-3-4 all different readings so I think that's a joke test for dealer to blow smoke up,the worry warts arses ...... Now 32 oz you better worry. Lol

Bumpandrun

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »

5000+ miles now with cam plate and pump.......nothin but smiles

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 11:31:13 PM »

Good to hear, I have decided on the S&S but still on back order here.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.