Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heat still there after dyno  (Read 755 times)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
Heat still there after dyno
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:21:07 AM »

Is it me or are there others with this. Took the bike in for 1000k service and had SE SuperTrapp slipons, Super Tuner, stage 1 filter and a/c, and then dyno tuned. I don't notice much of a difference in the heat coming off the engine now than before. Actually seems like the heat I feel most on the back of my right calf is coming from the bottom of the air cleaner cover. Bike runs like a dream now across the entire throttle range so I can deal with it. One f/u that is being addressed by dealer is that the SE SuperTrapp slipons are shorter than the stock mufflers and they leave about a 4-5 inch gap between the end of the heat shield and leading edge of muffler showing a slightly blued chrome piece of pipe that irks the crap out of me. Other ideas?

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
Re: Heat still there after dyno
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 04:15:46 AM »

(...)
Actually seems like the heat I feel most on the back of my right calf is coming from the bottom of the air cleaner cover.
(...)

Are you using the mid frame heat deflectors?

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »

I also assume you noticed that the trapps are smaller in diameter than the catalyst mufflers that came on your bike.  Back in 2003, I think, the screamin eagle road king had the same diameter mufflers and they were made by supertrapp and are basically the same thing you just put on.  Go to your dealer and buy the heat shields using the part numbers from the '03 cvo parts manual for the road king and you should be all set.  If I am wrong about the year, I can tell you it was a gold road king cvo...they fit my bike and I did the same thing that you did.
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:03:44 PM »

Are you using the mid frame heat deflectors?
I bought the HD deflectors and as I statred the install, I couldn't stand how cheap they looked. I have been in contact with RJ in North Carolina who makes a set that looks like part of a real "saddle". These have been added to my wish list when my cash flow increases. I have heard that they work great.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:10:53 PM »

I also assume you noticed that the trapps are smaller in diameter than the catalyst mufflers that came on your bike.  Back in 2003, I think, the screamin eagle road king had the same diameter mufflers and they were made by supertrapp and are basically the same thing you just put on.  Go to your dealer and buy the heat shields using the part numbers from the '03 cvo parts manual for the road king and you should be all set.  If I am wrong about the year, I can tell you it was a gold road king cvo...they fit my bike and I did the same thing that you did.
Thanks alot, I'll give it a try. And yes I knew the diameter was smaller, but I "figured" the improvement with the increased air flow and tuning would have been more noticable. Live and learn, Besides, I really like the sound. Thanks again

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.