Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fuel gauge problem?  (Read 1937 times)

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
fuel gauge problem?
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:01:54 PM »

have an '08 fxdse with 500mi...fuel gauge goes in and out...even when it's full, one minute it reads empty, the next minute it reads three dots...anyone else having this problem?
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

atlasfields

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2- In red of course!
Re: fuel gauge problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 10:11:05 AM »

'08 here with the same milage and no issues yet.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely, in a pretty and well perserved body.
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming; "Wow... That was one hell of a ride!" ~ Unknown

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »

I have an 07 with the same problem. Fill it to the brim and it reads 5 dots, then 7, then 3 or 4. Took it to the dealer to have them check it and the tech topped the tank off (almost overflowing it,) and it showed 7. Problem solved? No! Left the dealer to drive home and at the next light (which is less than 2/10's of a mile,) I had 5 dots. The float has got to be sticking, and I'll have it checked out when it gets a little warmer here.

It's not that big of a concern since I usually just watch the odometer and fill up about every 100 - 110 miles. My sporty didn't have a fuel gauge, so no biggie. What bugs me more is that my low fuel light comes on (occasionally) at about a half tank.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 04:35:34 PM »

I don't like having tools that don't work. If they don't work, they are trash.  So going along with that thought, my gas gauge on my bike has never work accurately since day one. I've had it replaced, repaired, calibrated and all kinds of other stuff six or seven times.  Now, I don't look at it at all.  On the SEEG, you can't really take it off, so just know that it is as useless as the rain meter we have as a temp sensor.  I use the odometer too.  Some things are just too frustrating to fight about, and for me, the fuel gauge not working became one of those. 

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.