Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: **Sound Quality...Is this Worth It ?**  (Read 1123 times)

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

**Sound Quality...Is this Worth It ?**
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »

I would think if any value of improvement, The MoCo would've already introduced their line of this?
http://www.getklocked.com/shop/dynamat-sound-control-kit-for-flht
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: **Sound Quality...Is this Worth It ?**
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:07:04 PM »

Klockwerks sure thinks a lot of theirs... J&M has had something similar for awhile - J&M Fairing/Speaker Acoustic Pads 89-13 Harley Classic (BatWing) Fairing (lot cheaper too).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »

Dynamat Extreme is a great product, for improving the audio acoustics & deadening the sound of sheet metal in automobile interiors as well as blocking road noise, I have been using it for years in my vehicles when I upgrade the audio systems. The biggest drawback to using it on a Harley fairing is the added weight that it will contribute especially when your adding bigger heavier speakers, bigger amps and possibly some add on modules Xm, Ipod, Comm module ect. I would look to use a thinner grade of dynamat it's available in different grades for a little less money. Or as Fired00d mentioned using the J&M Product no matter how much we spend and how loud and clean you like your tunes It's still only a plastic non sealed motorcycle fairing & not a 1 cubic ft acoustically sealed speaker box. On just the inner and outer door panels of my Toyota Solara the Dynamat Extreme adds about 20 pounds of weight to each door!!!

BostonBoy   

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:29:36 PM »

If you want good sound get a set of earbuds.  The wind down the road destroys all acoustics. 

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:49:35 PM »

Dynamat Extreme is a great product, for improving the audio acoustics & deadening the sound of sheet metal in automobile interiors as well as blocking road noise, I have been using it for years in my vehicles when I upgrade the audio systems. The biggest drawback to using it on a Harley fairing is the added weight that it will contribute especially when your adding bigger heavier speakers, bigger amps and possibly some add on modules Xm, Ipod, Comm module ect. I would look to use a thinner grade of dynamat it's available in different grades for a little less money. Or as Fired00d mentioned using the J&M Product no matter how much we spend and how loud and clean you like your tunes It's still only a plastic non sealed motorcycle fairing & not a 1 cubic ft acoustically sealed speaker box. On just the inner and outer door panels of my Toyota Solara the Dynamat Extreme adds about 20 pounds of weight to each door!!!

BostonBoy   

Sorry to disagree, but my stereo gurus advised me that unless you can cover every square inch of the fairing, it is not worth the time or effort. I asked them to add to me RG and they informed me that is would be a waste of $

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.