Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FOB Battery  (Read 1466 times)

bloper123

• Full CVO Member
  • Wheel weight came loose. I have a dented fender.

• CVO1: 2011 1/2 Screaming Eagle serial#9987
FOB Battery
« on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »

To replace the battery in the FOB , Do you have to do anything special to the FOB to change the battery out to a new battery.  I,ve seen on this site some peoples FOB don,t work after they change the battery out. I want to just replace battery.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:41:25 PM by bloper123 »
bobby

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: FOB Battery
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »

i replaced my battery in my fob Np here  ..just make sure it installed correctly and battery is fresh
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:49:47 PM »

I bought a battery at a drug store.....after I couldn't disarm my alarm at the top of a hill in San Francisco.  Put it in and still couldn't disarm the security system.

Went and bought another battery (it was only a couple blocks walk) and still couldn't disarm the security. 

Called Jim and he walked me through how to use the switches and suggested that all the batteries at that store might be bad.  Got the bike running.....stopped at another store and bought a battery that lasted until I sold the SEEG.

Be darn sure it's a fresh battery. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »

I bought a battery at a drug store.....after I couldn't disarm my alarm at the top of a hill in San Francisco.  Put it in and still couldn't disarm the security system.

Went and bought another battery (it was only a couple blocks walk) and still couldn't disarm the security. 

Called Jim and he walked me through how to use the switches and suggested that all the batteries at that store might be bad.  Got the bike running.....stopped at another store and bought a battery that lasted until I sold the SEEG.

Funny, I JUST had this happen to me this week. I knew my batteries were getting low as the bike would "chirp" a lot when getting on with FOB in pocket etc. Had a buddy who's completely dies and it was one year newer than mine. Had my wife go to the Jewlry Store for me to put new ones in both just to be proactive. Now, one of them works great and the other does not...  something happens when you swap batteries but still not assessed what's really going on.

Chuck

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »

Don't mean to actually Prop a manufacture, but I've found when I need batteries that sit idle for long periods or provide minimal power to devices that control other devices, Radio Shack brand batteries last far longer than anything else I've tried.  Especially those that come with the device.

Moderators... I'm still not 100% on the rules, so if inappropriate, please do your thing.  8)

Ted

"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »

I say, be sure you know how the use the switches (and code) to disarm the alarm.  I learned this the hard way when I left the garage with the FOB handing on the wall.  Bike would not start 15 miles from the FOB  ;)
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »

I say, be sure you know how the use the switches (and code) to disarm the alarm.  I learned this the hard way when I left the garage with the FOB handing on the wall.  Bike would not start 15 miles from the FOB  ;)
boy have i felt that sickening feeling! :o learn the code procedure to disarm. you will need it one day!

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »

Check out http://www.batterybob.com/ best prices and real fast shipping. Almost everything I have from watches to car remotes, to bike fobs take the same battery. Bought a sleeve for the cost of a few at a local pharmacy.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »

Check out http://www.batterybob.com/ best prices and real fast shipping. Almost everything I have from watches to car remotes, to bike fobs take the same battery. Bought a sleeve for the cost of a few at a local pharmacy.

Thanks-are the batteries fresh?
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »

I don't know if the 06 stamped on these means made in 06 or what, there's no other indication on either side of packaging. However I did get these two years ago and FWIW one of them I use in a Suunto Observer watch that's manual states 1 year battery life, changed battery out two years ago and the low battery indicator hasn't come on yet. When I bought the watch it only made it a year(could've been installed earlier tho). I replaced bike fobs & remotes, car remotes, and trijicon red dot battery all with these once so far. No problems yet...

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 22 queries.