Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flashing the speakers????  (Read 909 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Flashing the speakers????
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »

Hey there guy's, do any of you know about this "speaker flashing" Or "radio flash" to get more base out of you system?  I installed the base port in the rear pods and heard some where that now my system needs to be flashed?  Talked to the dealer, and the guy told me it only gets flashed when you add a set of rear speakers to a system that never had them. So the flash activates the rear added speakers. Is this the case or does the flash do some thing to the sound? Like more base?  Any thoughts?
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Flashing the speakers????
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 11:39:57 PM »

No, from what I recall, the dealer must flash the head unit/amp to add more Hz on the low end. I think the port kit instruction provide some detail on this. I bought it but realized it didn't work with the leather tourpak, so its buried in the garage somewhere. Call another dealer or Moco.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Flashing the speakers????
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »

here's the pertinents and such from the directions.  if you want the whole sheet, google J05154.pdf and you'll be able to read the whole thing.....

the upshot is that it is free, because it already was 'included' with your purchase, but you may have to pay labor to have the dealer flash your radio.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.