Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Bike Lift  (Read 19889 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Bike Lift
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »

What is the best lift for minor alterations and cleaning ?

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Bike Lift
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »

I use a craftsman bike lift.It's inexpensive like 129.00 or something. It works fine for me. Hope it helps. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

Tuned, you looking for a full blown lift?  Or just a bike jack?

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 04:43:30 PM »

just something stable to get it off the ground for changing oil and cleaning

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

I bought a jack from J&S Jacks http://www.jsjacks.com/products.htm yesterday and tried it last night. Best jack I've ever used. Definitely a jack to consider when putting your 30K+ scooter up in the air. Paid $269 at the Denver MC show ;D

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 06:50:49 PM »

I use a bike jack made by K&L..  They are great for cleaning wheels/tires and getting the scoot in the air so you can get to things better.  The only problem with them are that they are in the way when changing fluids.  I am looking to buy a wheel chalk made by www.condor-lift.com  ..   It will lock your front wheel on a flat surface and is also used for locking down the front tire in a trailer.  It will keep your bike upright so you can detail it or change fluids without it falling over.  

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »

I've had my Sears lift for two years now and use it frequently, and have been very pleased.  Seems very heavy duty, bike feels stable and doesn't wobble. I do use tie down straps most of the time, and I NEVER leave it in the up position using the jack power only. I always set the lock.  Can't beat the deal I got.  Retailed for $99, ran a sale for $79, plus I had a $10 off coupon, so net $69.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 07:18:48 PM »

I use a bike jack made by K&L..

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 08:56:27 PM »

I went with a superlifts, its like a hardy lift. Easy, fast, and very safe ( a great thing if you dont like spending more money when a bike falls ). www.superlifts.com/motorcycle.html
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

I went with a superlifts, its like a hardy lift. Easy, fast, and very safe ( a great thing if you dont like spending more money when a bike falls ). www.superlifts.com/motorcycle.html

What did you spend?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 02:14:22 PM »

Im thinkin 500.00. Well worth it too.
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 03:51:52 PM »

I'm looking into bike lifts now and think I found THE ONE.  I have a jack type lift,  but don't like it much because it only lifts the bike 20 inches or so (I'm too old and fat to have a bike on a lift and still have to get on my knees to work on the wheels).  Anyway,  there's a company out of Palm Springs California that makes what appears to be Handy Lift knock offs.  Handy lift is respected as the industry standard and my buddie SPIDERMAN has their top of the line (No doubt a great lift),  but at $2K by the time it's delivered it's out of my league.  Now back to the lift that I'm gonna buy,  It appears to be as good a quality as the Handy (this company includes everything you need where Handy makes everything optional) and the list price is $625.  I've looked into this thing carefully and I can't find too many differences between the Western Manufacturing Lift and Handy's version.  In fact,  the Handy 1000 is lighter and doesn't reach as high.  I'm assuming the the extra weight is in metal where it counts.
If your looking for a table type lift,  I've looked at Super Lift,  Handy and a hand full of others,  but my vote and cash are going to Western Manufacturing model ML-12X.
Take a look.......
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 02:11:46 PM »

I got one at Sams club..roll around, twin arm lift with double lock bars, outrigger stabilizer arms, heavy duty..I think it is a "Larin" very sturdy, held an Ultra with no prob. I've seen it sold on-line for $150 plus. Cost me $80.
check: http://www.motorcyclejacks.com and clik on the red jack at the top left, then clik on MAL-2. Exc. jack. They have it on sale if you can't find it at Sam's.
Also it rolls under my SEEG while it is on its kickstand with no prob.
Let us know what you end up with. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 02:19:00 PM by tonys »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »

[highlight]SPIDERMAN has their top of the line[/highlight]

Thanks for the compliment Bro. OK on this subject. I bought the Handy B.O.B. 1500 like 6 years ago for around a grand plus shipping. Now Beagle says the same thing would cost almost 2K. Seems like the longer you wait the more it'll cost you. ANYWAY, I've already used this lift for 6 years, so my cost per year is now around $160. As time goes by that will get down to chump change. There's not much to wear out on this and what may is rebuildable. So when I've had the lift for 20 years an I'm thinkin $50 a year for something that is worth more than every freakin widget, gadget and chrome doohickey I've every spent a Benjamin or more on. I'll say to myself  " you're one smart old dude"   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Morale of the story is something like this you're buying for life and you don't go cheap. Also, you're gonna trust your $40,000 baby to a $500 lift. - - - - - - - - I don't know about you dudes, but
"Homey don't play that"   ;)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »

Well said Spidey.........I have one of those "little lifts",  and It sure makes me more scared than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs to see it wobbling around up there.  Working on your bike last weekend up on that lift convinced me.......what a pleasure it was to have that sucker tight and secure and at the right height to work on..........you sold me......Thanks for leading the way... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
L&R

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.