Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Funeral Protests now a felony  (Read 906 times)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Funeral Protests now a felony
« on: March 06, 2006, 03:25:15 PM »

Interesting and about time... Indiana leads the way to make protesting at funerals (within 500 feet) a felony. This is in response to the whacko group from Kansas showing up at servicemembers funerals to protest US government policies. Go to http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/14009078.htm for more info.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: Funeral Protests now a felony
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:43:10 PM »

Good job Hoosiers!! ACLU will have a field day and these pricks will get more pub than they deserve but let them get it from inside the pokey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 10:15:37 PM »

Missouri's Governor signed a bill into law making these kinds of protests several weeks ago as well.  Two the Kansas church's protests that would have occurred here since then did not happen.  Whether they are rethinking tactics or simply bailing out for greener pastures is yet to be seen.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:42:10 PM »

Sounds like too sane a decision, maybe the deceased and families have some rights too.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:54:40 AM »

You have to ask yourself this question.What self depricating a$$hole would even think that it is remotely ok to protest your bullchit cause at someone's funeral in the first place.These people are so self righteous that they can't even get out of their own effen way. Me for one am glad that finally the "man" has decided to pass a law to limit what these whackis can do at funerals. Have some respect people because I'm pretty sure the tables would turn if one of there tree hugging children died and there were people protesting at their funeral.N.I.M.B.Y.'s thats all they are.(Not In My BackYard).F'em! >:( Thats my 2 cents. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RedFXR2

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

You have to ask yourself this question.What self depricating a$$hole would even think that it is remotely ok to protest your bullchit cause at someone's funeral in the first place.

High five to BigDaddy. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

No matter what your politics, the idea of invading a time of intense and private family grief to further whatever agenda is disgusting.

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 11:04:35 PM »

Interesting and about time... Indiana leads the way to make protesting at funerals (within 500 feet) a felony. This is in response to the whacko group from Kansas showing up at servicemembers funerals to protest US government policies. Go to http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/14009078.htm for more info.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 01:22:19 AM »

You have to ask yourself this question.What self depricating a$$hole would even think that it is remotely ok to protest your bullchit cause at someone's funeral in the first place.These people are so self righteous that they can't even get out of their own effen way. Me for one am glad that finally the "man" has decided to pass a law to limit what these whackis can do at funerals. Have some respect people because I'm pretty sure the tables would turn if one of there tree hugging children died and there were people protesting at their funeral.N.I.M.B.Y.'s thats all they are.(Not In My BackYard).F'em! >:( Thats my 2 cents. Later,Q

Couldn't have said it any better myself, Q.  

I know there is legislation being written/re-written in many states (home state of Nebraska is one)...it takes time to make sure all is right with the legal wording to avoid stepping on these prick's rights and winding up with lawsuits.  It's publicity...that's all they want and will do whatever they can to get it and use it to their advantage.  It makes me ill whenever I hear of their "protests" in the news...seeing their demonstrations in person makes me filled with rage.  But, you lay one finger on these a$$holes and its subpeona time!!!!   The new state laws need to be passed and quickly.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.