Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177867 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

OK THIS IS OFFICIAL!!!!

OMG (learned that from my niece)!  Just realized that Mikey's retirement and coming off the BBQ circuit has now been explained.  The Dawg is the OFFICIAL HD Spokesdawg!  How cool is that :znotworthy: .

Ok, I'd heard rumors and rumblings too.  But nothing that could be cited.  Not exactly like yours but similar.  That even Harley would be stupid enough to have models approved for production with the various state and Federal agencies and, this close to release, actually not have it ready for release strained credulity.  But this is Mother Harley after all.  We are still in, what, the 7th year of beta on the 110?  So who can really say what these clowns would do.

For purposes purely of amusement rather than any actual factual rendering what would be the best guess that one problem model might be?

Do we assume the Dyna is the guinea pig platform as it so often has been?  Or do we assume the more likely target for a water cooled twin cam is the more obvious Touring line?  If Touring which one "is not like the others" and would, therefore, be the most likely problem child?  You suppose they're having trouble finding a place for functional small radiators and/or fans on a Road King without lowers?

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »

Another thing is if a CVO Ultra is now 36k retail what's a water hog going to be 40k, getting to the point of this is too much to pay for 2 wheels. I had a hard enough time swallowing the money on my new UCA
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »

Another thing is if a CVO Ultra is now 36k retail what's a water hog going to be 40k, getting to the point of this is too much to pay for 2 wheels. I had a hard enough time swallowing the money on my new UCA

These pigs Hogs have been embarrassingly overpriced for so long Harley knows they don't have to care.  Had to kill some time last night and ended up doing so on a Chevy dealer's lot.  Crossover SUV with leather interior, all the common and modern electronic bells and whistles, safety systems throughout, nearly as good highway gas mileage as my Road Glide gets but could seat six, simply many many more systems and engineering and raw materials and development, greater cost of transport, etc etc etc (even has 2.5 times as many tires and wheels).  Yet could have bought the thing for under what these bikes cost.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2013, 07:56:12 AM »

OMG (learned that from my niece)!  Just realized that Mikey's retirement and coming off the BBQ circuit has now been explained.  The Dawg is the OFFICIAL HD Spokesdawg!  How cool is that :znotworthy: .

Ok, I'd heard rumors and rumblings too.  But nothing that could be cited.  Not exactly like yours but similar.  That even Harley would be stupid enough to have models approved for production with the various state and Federal agencies and, this close to release, actually not have it ready for release strained credulity.  But this is Mother Harley after all.  We are still in, what, the 7th year of beta on the 110?  So who can really say what these clowns would do.

For purposes purely of amusement rather than any actual factual rendering what would be the best guess that one problem model might be?

Do we assume the Dyna is the guinea pig platform as it so often has been?  Or do we assume the more likely target for a water cooled twin cam is the more obvious Touring line?  If Touring which one "is not like the others" and would, therefore, be the most likely problem child?  You suppose they're having trouble finding a place for functional small radiators and/or fans on a Road King without lowers?

Sorry Don still doing BBQ just not as much this year. Trying to spend time at home for a change. I think if they offer me the "SPOKESDAWG" job I would have to take it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »

Sorry Don still doing BBQ just not as much this year. Trying to spend time at home for a change. I think if they offer me the "SPOKESDAWG" job I would have to take it!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Got to admit it Mike.  HD SpokesDawg could be a cool gig.  Bring some bark back to their old noise.  :2vrolijk_21:

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

I ordered a 2014 CVO UC and I really don't want liquid cooled so I hope the rumors are wrong

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:10 PM »

Comment was made above "Does anyone use CD's anymore?". I for one do, I use MP3 format and can get about 100 songs on a normal old cheap cd. I find it much easier to use than messing with anything from apple. 2 or 3 cd's will play along time and if I drop it not much lost, that apple poc will not result in the same thing when dropped.

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »

OK THIS IS OFFICIAL!!!! It did not come from the pool boy, but did come from someone in the know. WATER COOLED in 2014. They are testing right now and they are having some issues. I don't know what models or every model. I know this person was talking about 1 model that they were working on right now. This person would not give up any other info.

Please do not even ask where this came from. You know the MOTHER COMPANY lurks on this site.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I just come back from the US and I have heard that too ,  water cooled with a 2300cc motor and a new radio.
We will see next month !!!!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2013, 12:08:41 PM »

I just come back from the US and I have heard that too ,  water cooled with a 2300cc motor and a new radio.
We will see next month !!!!!

Forget a new ground up liquid motor.  They are simply plumbing the existing V-Twin for water, and using lower fairing mounted radiators.  That alone confirms it's a touring model that normally has lowers, but I was unable to confirm whether it was a CVO or a standard model.  I'd guess it won't be a CVO, but what do I know.

2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »

My dealer also told me with all the major changes in store, get ready to pay more for a 2014 CVO Ultra... In Canada the 13's MSRP is currently at $42,700.  I suspect from the way my dealer is talking if I want a '14 SEUC the price will be north of $48k.  Ouch!  Oh yeah, then add taxes etc.

Heck my first house was way less than that, and as everyone knows a house appreciates in value!!!

Boy, do I ever love my '08 Duracell.   :)  Runs great and still looks amazing.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

Forget a new ground up liquid motor.  They are simply plumbing the existing V-Twin for water, and using lower fairing mounted radiators.  That alone confirms it's a touring model that normally has lowers, but I was unable to confirm whether it was a CVO or a standard model.  I'd guess it won't be a CVO, but what do I know.

The twin cam motor has water jackets in it. So I would think we will see the same motor. I did hear about fairing mounted radiators also. I placed a call to my friend but I have not received a call back. I really want to dig a little deeper. I'm more interested in hearing about the problems. I know he will not give up any CVO info or at least I don't think he will.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »

T-minus 33 days till we know for sure.   :nixweiss:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

CVO2012

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2013, 06:21:06 AM »

I hope that they will bring back the CVO SG as it was a great success world wide

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2013, 02:28:43 PM »

Anyone know the date and location for the upcoming Dealer meeting???

SciFiGuy

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSEIII
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »

Anyone know the date and location for the upcoming Dealer meeting???

Harley-Davidson Dealer Meeting

August 19-21, 2013
Denver, CO – Colorado Convention Center
2012 CVO FLHXIII Citrus/Gunstock
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 21 queries.