Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177913 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »

I just received a email from my dealer here in Jacksonville presenting the 2014 models on 8/31.

My guess is that we will see the trucks moving south from York while the Colorado dealer meeting is in progress. So some of us just may have their new rides in their garages over the Labor Day weekend.

Regards

Jerry

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »

I sure hope to have mine so I can put some miles on it before the snow comes here.

:apple:

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »

I just received a email from my dealer here in Jacksonville presenting the 2014 models on 8/31.

My guess is that we will see the trucks moving south from York while the Colorado dealer meeting is in progress. So some of us just may have their new rides in their garages over the Labor Day weekend.

Regards

Jerry

Well, what do you have to say for yourself young lad?
 ;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2013, 09:44:53 AM »

Well, what do you have to say for yourself young lad?
 ;D

Is summer over up there yet?  We will at least experience some good  fall riding weather. 

Regards

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »

Is summer over up there yet?  We will at least experience some good  fall riding weather. 

Regards

Actually we're enjoying a fantastic summer and looking forward to a beautiful September & October.  Fortunately we haven't had all the rain that the mid-States are experiencing, even though we just arrived back from a wonderful 2 week trip to Memphis, Nashville and Cleveland (kind of a musical tour) and only got wet for a total of 10 minutes!  From the reports we've been seeing, we were extremely lucky, and hopefully our fellow members on this site from that area are staying dry.

Our fall is tremendous for riding with all these maple trees turning glorious colours.  You should check it out sometime because as far as I know palm trees don't change, so you're really missing out.  Enjoy your riding season that never ends!!!

Take care & ride safe,
Grizzly

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »

i heard cvo models will come with a Keurig coffee maker that fits in the saddle bag and powers via usb cable
and there a "K" lite on dash to til ya when ready

Would not doubt it, we used to make them here in Alabama then Keurig decided to save money and move them to Chia.  Fits right in will the Harley thinking on outsourcing.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »

Is this a genuine question or is it meant to be humorous?    

I obviously saw the humour in it.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:23:39 PM by Grizzly »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »

Would not doubt it, we used to make them here in Alabama then Keurig decided to save money and move them to Chia.  Fits right in will the Harley thinking on outsourcing.

I need a K-cup brewer... but right on the handlebars...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2013, 06:22:29 AM »

The guys returning from Sturgis, said the two changes in the 2014 Harley's were a touch screen for the radio, and the price!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »

The guys returning from Sturgis, said the two changes in the 2014 Harley's were a touch screen for the radio, and the price!

Did they happen to mention what their magical source of this information is, or just more rumor mill?  Since we have seen the touch screen mentioned a few times now, I'm curious about the thoughts on that idea.  First, I know how difficult it is to see the screen on the current radio, especially with sunglasses on or with the sun shining on it.  Second, in order for it to be glove-friendly, it has to be a screen with a little flexibility like the screen on the Garmin.  That means that it has to give a little to activate the sensors behind the screen.  From my past experience with Garmin, over time, the sun does get to the screen and eventually you are pushing harder and harder, until finally you need to get a new screen.  Third, it sounds a little dangerous trying to hit the right spot on a touchscreen, especially with gloves on.  These are just some immediate thoughts that come to mind without actually seeing what might be the reality of it.  On the other hand, I might see it and say to myself, "wow, this is great...I wish they would have done this a long time ago".

One other thing while talking about the new models.  Doesn't anybody find it to be a bit strange that the CA ARB reports have no mention of Harley at all yet at this late date, approaching release.  Is it possible that Harley has asked them to keep the reports hush hush?  Who would that really hurt if they didn't show the Harley info until the last minute on their website...other than us, of course?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »

Did they happen to mention what their magical source of this information is, or just more rumor mill?  Since we have seen the touch screen mentioned a few times now, I'm curious about the thoughts on that idea.  First, I know how difficult it is to see the screen on the current radio, especially with sunglasses on or with the sun shining on it.  Second, in order for it to be glove-friendly, it has to be a screen with a little flexibility like the screen on the Garmin.  That means that it has to give a little to activate the sensors behind the screen.  From my past experience with Garmin, over time, the sun does get to the screen and eventually you are pushing harder and harder, until finally you need to get a new screen.  Third, it sounds a little dangerous trying to hit the right spot on a touchscreen, especially with gloves on.  These are just some immediate thoughts that come to mind without actually seeing what might be the reality of it.  On the other hand, I might see it and say to myself, "wow, this is great...I wish they would have done this a long time ago".

One other thing while talking about the new models.  Doesn't anybody find it to be a bit strange that the CA ARB reports have no mention of Harley at all yet at this late date, approaching release.  Is it possible that Harley has asked them to keep the reports hush hush?  Who would that really hurt if they didn't show the Harley info until the last minute on their website...other than us, of course?

The Indian display in the Chieftain will not be a touch display, but controlled by hand controls. Maybe Harley will do something like that if they come out with an LCD display in the dash. That would make more sense than a touch screen display.

It is odd that there is no info from Harley on the 2014 CARB site yet. I don't think CARB gives a rip about helping Harley or anyone else keep any secrets, tho. They are a relentless state government agency that really only cares about their rules.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

Maybe there are no new engines to test      Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »

The Indian display in the Chieftain will not be a touch display, but controlled by hand controls. Maybe Harley will do something like that if they come out with an LCD display in the dash. That would make more sense than a touch screen display.

It is odd that there is no info from Harley on the 2014 CARB site yet. I don't think CARB gives a rip about helping Harley or anyone else keep any secrets, tho. They are a relentless state government agency that really only cares about their rules.

Ken

I agree... IMO it would be a liability for them not to have some way for the rider to control the radio w/o removing hands from handlebars. Regarding the CARB reports what constitutes a company having to send in a report?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2013, 11:37:03 AM »

Just on my way back from Sturgis where we demo rode all three Indians.  They are smooth and really powerful, no clunking when shifting either .  Beautiful bikes at least in my opinion. ( I highly recommend a test ride) There are not many options and the Dealer network has not developed yet.  Wonder if the HD executives wish they would have bought Indian a few years back??? 

This could be the best thing to happen to HD consumers.....just sayin 

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »

Maybe there are no new engines to test      Billy

Ding, ding, ding...I think we have a winner!! ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.