Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177860 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #420 on: August 21, 2013, 08:42:13 AM »

I think the audio system and brakes are pretty cool. I am hoping they will come out with the nav system to replace the Zumo 665 for a retro fit.

The radio screen you're seeing on the new bikes isn't a standalone thin piece like your Zumo.  It's the non-removeable face of a much larger radio/engine and systems management system.  

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #421 on: August 21, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »

I'm wondering if the new Bluetooth equipped radio (finally!) comes with a Bluetooth headset? Sena? Scala? Uclear?
Do the bikes still include the socket to use our existing HD headset dongles?
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #422 on: August 21, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »

I'm wondering if the new Bluetooth equipped radio (finally!) comes with a Bluetooth headset? Sena? Scala? Uclear?
Do the bikes still include the socket to use our existing HD headset dongles?
Still a plug in headset, thank goodness.  I hate relying on batteries for too much!
Big Lew
IBA #595

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #423 on: August 21, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »

After seeing the pics of the new inner fairing layout, and the "infotainment" (I really hate that stupid word, BTW) system, I think I actually prefer my RT 665 GPS right where it is... high up on the fairing on the left side, easily viewable and easily controllable with my left hand. I think it's rather dangerous t have to reach down to where that buttons are to control it, and I doubt that the hand controls are able to do much with the GPS functions.

And, my 665 is a real GARMIN, unlike many of the rather cumbersome built-in GPSes I have had in autos. I can pop the 665 right off and use it for other purposes as well, which I like... although when I am off of the bike, I am using the Maps on my iPhone 5 more and more these days anyway, now that it has turn-by-turn directions like the GPS does.

The 665 also has XM, but I only have a subscription for Weather/Traffic. I only ever listen to my iPod anyway. I had full XM on it for awhile, but it proved to not be worth the yearly subscription cost.

Maybe I'm just getting old and increasingly crotchety, but I have rarely ever been the type to like new designs just because they are the latest, greatest thing. I can remember very few times when I've seen a redesign of an auto, motorcycle, etc. that I actually liked better than what it replaced. The Corvette C6, the new Camaro, and the Dodge RAM are the only ones I have ever liked better than the old.

Maybe I'll get used to the new "postal" fairing, rounded saddlebag lids, Tour Pak, etc. look in time... but for now I like the pre-'14 look of things a lot better than the Project "Rush More" stuff...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #424 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:28 AM »

Still a plug in headset, thank goodness.  I hate relying on batteries for too much!

That's something I'd not looked at yet.  Is bluetooth with the helmet for output audio and input voice commands even an option?

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #425 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »

That's something I'd not looked at yet.  Is bluetooth with the helmet for output audio and input voice commands even an option?
I'm not sure.  I don't see why it would be that difficult for them to include it, but I've seen nothing about it.  I've only seen reference to phone and audio Bluetooth profiles.

:nixweiss:
Big Lew
IBA #595

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Just came from the dealer and it is obvious MOCO has the beancounters in control this year.  They have cheapened the bikes in many ways.  Look at the saddlebag hardware: everything is plastic now, nothing metal except what is outside,  Look at the inner fairing:  It is now cheap plastic and very flimsy at that.  Look at the new bags and tourpack:  they have gone to a rounded design, like the switchback, obviously to cut production costs, they look like a Victory or RoyalStar bag now.  Look at the gas cap:  There is no lock now.  Look at the wheels:  Just like the Victory Cross Country.

The only way we can prevent MOCO from going cheap on the most expensive bike out there, is to BOYCOTT BUY THIS BULLchit!  Glad I bought a 2013 CVO Roadglide.  May have to retire with it.

Shaking my F*#king Head Right Now.
I'm shaking my head trying to decipher the "newly cheapened" complaints you're throwing out there.
If you don't like the new look, just say that.
Tossing a bunch of red herrings on the discussion just confuses. The bags have metal hardware only on the outside...really? Mine too. Well, there is the power lock but I think its mostly plastic. My ('10 CUSE5) bags and inner fairing are also plastic. Making new bags rounder doesn't "obviously" save production costs, that's just dumb. I don't have a locking gas cap (thank goodness), did I get cheated? Are Victory wheels "cheap"?
Again: If you don't like the new look, just say that.

2010FLHTCUSE5

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »

I'm shaking my head trying to decipher the "newly cheapened" complaints you're throwing out there.
If you don't like the new look, just say that.
Tossing a bunch of red herrings on the discussion just confuses. The bags have metal hardware only on the outside...really? Mine too. Well, there is the power lock but I think its mostly plastic. My ('10 CUSE5) bags and inner fairing are also plastic. Making new bags rounder doesn't "obviously" save production costs, that's just dumb. I don't have a locking gas cap (thank goodness), did I get cheated? Are Victory wheels "cheap"?
Again: If you don't like the new look, just say that.

I don't think cvolovermi have much manufacturing experience  :nixweiss:

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

I'm not sure.  I don't see why it would be that difficult for them to include it, but I've seen nothing about it.  I've only seen reference to phone and audio Bluetooth profiles.

:nixweiss:

I found this on their website:

Voice Recognition (Optional), Bluetooth

The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT gives you voice recognition for hands free operation of your mobile phone, navigation system and music. It’s also Bluetooth capable for pairing your mobile phone or wireless headset. Whatever you want, just say the word. Whether it’s directions to the next gas station, a call back to the office you’re not at today or a song that fits the stretch of road you’re on, it’ll be served up without missing a beat.

2010FLHTCUSE5

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »

I found this on their website:

Voice Recognition (Optional), Bluetooth

The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT gives you voice recognition for hands free operation of your mobile phone, navigation system and music. It’s also Bluetooth capable for pairing your mobile phone or wireless headset. Whatever you want, just say the word. Whether it’s directions to the next gas station, a call back to the office you’re not at today or a song that fits the stretch of road you’re on, it’ll be served up without missing a beat.

Hadn't seen that yet.  Is it possible that they are going to accomodate ALL of us? 
Big Lew
IBA #595

KenK

« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »

MrSurly = MrMOCO.................. ???

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »

MrSurly = MrMOCO.................. ???

You obviously don't know MrSurly 

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »

Hadn't seen that yet.  Is it possible that they are going to accommodate ALL of us? 
It is a new world out there!
Having recently added Sena components in order to get everything through the headset and wondering out loud about why the heck Harley hasn't joined the new century with Bluetooth and usb, etc... it seems like they HEARD me (us) and I'm a bit shocked. I was totally prepared to discover that the new radio supported some profiles but not headsets. THAT would have been maddening.

2010FLHTCUSE5

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #433 on: August 21, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »

You obviously don't know MrSurly 

:coolblue:

2010FLHTCUSE5

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #434 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

A 110 with new problems..... yeah, I want to get in line to get one of those  ???

If they really have to go to water cooled, what was wrong with the VRod engine, that seems to be pretty trouble-free?  Bump up the size and stick it in a touring frame..... not sure why the MoCo missed that idea  :nixweiss:

Anyway, I will just stick with my scooter and watch from the cheap seats  :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.