Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177890 times)

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #510 on: August 23, 2013, 08:53:24 AM »

how do you know it is water, it could be oil ?

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #511 on: August 23, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »

how do you know it is water, it could be oil ?
What is oil?  If you're talking about the new bikes, it is H2O based, and probably Dex-Cool coolant.  They also list thier HD coolant for V-Rod and Twin-Cooled enginges in the P&A catalog.

Is that what you were looking for?
Big Lew
IBA #595

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #512 on: August 23, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »

The number one question: how does the 2014 limited ride and run? If the bike runs stronger and delivers added riding enjoyment; they will have a hit. If the bike requires "adjustments" to run well, I think it will hurt the sales. This bike needs to run well as delivered. No big heat issues, no pinging and adequate power.

After seeing this dyno on the 2014 H2o 103 from Steve Cole, Unfortunately they are not all that the MOCO is bragging about.
For reference a stock Air Cooled 103 (2013) Dyno Max. Horsepower: 68.1 @ 5000 rpm
Max. Torque: 85.2 @ 3600 rpm.  So not a lot of difference.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:30:05 AM by LC110 »
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #513 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »

Dealer was on the dyno with two 14's yesterday the street glide had 72/89 and the limited had 74/90.  :nixweiss: Not a happy dyno either!

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #514 on: August 23, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »

Thank you very much for the Dyno info  :2vrolijk_21:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #515 on: August 23, 2013, 10:01:54 AM »

Dealer was on the dyno with two 14's yesterday the street glide had 72/89 and the limited had 74/90.  :nixweiss: Not a happy dyno either!

I'll believe Steve Cole's dyno numbers more than ANY dealer's...

Of course, the Limited that Steve dynoed was a CA model... that might be the difference.

Ken
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:03:50 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #516 on: August 23, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »

Was at the dealer (K'ville HD) this morning getting my radio replaced on Ginger (long story....tell it later) and had a chance to get a couple pics of the new bag mounting system.  First is the rear bag mount.  Also, in the picture you can see the new system for the detachable mechanism.  The long slits on the chrome piece come out and the mount goes into the slot...makes it a bit more "formal" than just hanging it on like the previous system....looks good with the 4 point mounted, too

Looks like the new mounting system (as mentioned in a couple of previous posts) is the factory answer and will go a long way to eliminate the stolen bag issues...time will tell.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:37:21 PM by Haird »

ultrarider123

« Reply #517 on: August 23, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »

And the front mount.  Took this one because as you can see, the MoCo has moved the air filler for the rear shocks to a more usable location....very good change for those that like the stock air suspension.

Also had a chance to play with the radio (this was on a new standard SG) and like it.  MUCH more sound out of the two speakers.  Also, looks like HK is still the radio manufacture.  I was not aware of it but the BOOM brand name was a HK trademark for the speakers/radio supplied to Harley.  Since the radio upgrade (and standard on the limited/CVO) is BOOM, they are still assuming that HK still makes it....guess we will have to remove one to actually see as there ain't nuttin' anywhere else saying who makes the units.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #518 on: August 23, 2013, 12:45:36 PM »

Just another pic
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #519 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »

Just another pic

That looks good right there.  But for the SESG owners that are going to retro-fit, they'll have to get it painted to match to go along with the custom look of no chrome (or less chrome) is better. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #520 on: August 23, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »

I'll believe Steve Cole's dyno numbers more than ANY dealer's...

Of course, the Limited that Steve dynoed was a CA model... that might be the difference.

Ken
If if feels good by the seat of the pants... :sauer021:...the NUMBERS    ;D

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #521 on: August 23, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »

Well, my hour demo ride today turned into a 3 hour journey... My dealer almost put out an A.P.B. on me!  When I arrived at the store my dealer handed me the key to his '14 Limited and said to go and have fun.  So I did.

Great riding bike for sure.
I really like the new bags and TourPac... Streamline look and easy to operate with one hand.
Very comfortable seat for the rider and can only imagine that the BSR's out there will love their seat as well.  Lots more room and great back support.
The "stock" retractable TP lid strap seems way more secure than the accessory one most of us purchased.
Smooth shifting, but certainly no need to have a readout on which gear I'm in.
Mail slot did reduce the buffeting but did not eliminate it.  Actually my recurve shield does a much better job.
Speaking of the mail slot, I'm sure many will have their colour matched to hide it from the front and it is a wonder why on the Limited with a painted inner fairing they did not paint the opening slot to match???
Stereo pushes some pretty awesome sound and clearly heard at all speeds.
Many of the handlebar controls have changed locations which was a bit annoying until I got onto them.  There is a trigger switch on top of the left switch housing to display the trip meters, DTE, etc. which I completely forgot about, but is a much better place to have it rather than on the inner fairing.
There are 6 switches on the lower inner fairing and the ONLY one that is functional is for the passing lamps???  This would indicate that there's more to come for their uses.

Now for the "infotainment" center and gauges... I wonder how much real life testing has been done?  Although the numbers in the speedo and tach are bigger and easier to read, I found them very difficult to read with all the reflection coming off of them.  I could see more of myself and the sky behind me than the actual dial.  I think with the inner fairing being shallower and gauges more exposed to the sunlight doesn't help and most likely it is also due to the angle which they sit (tipped upward rather than more straight like we're used to - if that makes any sense.  Also, the bike I was riding had less than 100 miles on it and I could see so many finger prints all over the 6.5" screen that with the same reflection made it even harder to see what I was suppose to see.  Not to mention messing with the screen so much while riding is not the safest thing to be doing.
I also found the whole inner fairing to be rather plain with so much flat plastic everywhere.

There are many new features that I really like, but also many that I question what is the need for a lot of it is?  What happened to that saying "screw it, let's ride"?  Personally I have no desire to answer my cell phone while riding... After all, part of the reason why I ride is to get away from everyday life, enjoy the scenery and simply enjoy the joy of riding!

I also question why anyone would pay so much more for a CVO when the Limited has almost as much on it, and what it doesn't have you could do for a whole lot less with the exception of the 110 vs. 103.  But then again, some would argue that the 103 is a better engine.

Furthermore, I don't know why anyone would buy an Ultra (basically a Classic with lowers) and not a Limited which has so much more?  Better stereo, CB, water cooled, etc.  I believe the Ultra's days are numbered.  The Limited is definitely going to be the big seller this year, IMHO.

All in all, the Limited I rode was a super riding bike with a lot of nice features for both rider and passenger.  However I think I will wait till 2015 to purchase a 50th Anniversary Electra Glide and by then any bugs that may appear this year will be addressed.

PS - I almost forgot one of the best features... The amp is no longer under the seat (at least on the Limited and I was informed that the CVO is the same) which is great for those who want a quick release TourPac.   :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:42:32 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #522 on: August 23, 2013, 09:42:49 PM »

Scott

That is exactly the reason there is a vent.
I have seen the video from Harley and that new vent makes sense.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

I fully agree it makes sense, and will work for some.

The new wind splitter windshields on the 13 and 14 CVO King are the same concept and Idea, with lots of wind tunnel testing.  Talking with other CVO King owners, the wind splitter is great if your 5'8" or less, works just like Harley says.  If your like me, 6'2", the wind noise is so loud you can hear the sound system, so loud and so much buffeting I went to a 3/4 helmet and face shield for that bike.  I have always just worn a beanie.  Still do on my road glide and fatboy.

So I am sure it on the new Bat wing bikes will work great for some riders, but if like most harley designs, not so good for people 5'10" and taller.

I am very curious to see how it works in person on a ride.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2013, 12:29:30 AM »

The new radios have been added to the radio software update page:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Genuine_Motor_Accessories/advanced-audio-system.html

BOOM! BOX 4.3
BOOM! BOX 6.5GT
BOOM! BOX 6.5GT CVO

Anyone know where they came up with the numbering scheme?

Being the curious guy that I am I downloaded the software for the 6.5GT CVO radio. I poked around and found four ring tones (my favorite is Ring3.mp3 ;D ) with their corresponding names in the Select Ring Tone menu:

www.azebra.com/download/hd/Ring1.mp3 - Rain
www.azebra.com/download/hd/Ring2.mp3 - Suspense
www.azebra.com/download/hd/Ring3.mp3 - Rave
www.azebra.com/download/hd/Ring4.mp3 - Xylo

Clyde
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:52:58 PM by WildClyde »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2013, 12:40:44 AM »

BOOM! BOX 4.3
BOOM! BOX 6.5GT
BOOM! BOX 6.5GT CVO

Anyone know where they came up with the numbering scheme?

Clyde

I think the numbering system is just the screen size.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.