Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES  (Read 177859 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 2014 CVO MODELS AND CHANGES
« Reply #645 on: September 01, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »

I mean this as no insult or put down in any way, so before y'all get your undies in a bunch, go back and read this sentence again. This entire post is probably not the most PC thing I could have come up with on a Sunday morning.

I would like to know of the people who think these new bikes are beautiful, how many Harleys you've owned. When did you buy your first one and so forth. That's not to say that if you bought your 1st bike 10 years ago that your opinion isn't of value. NOR, is to disrespect you if you're new to the sport. My only intent here is to see if there's any correlation between those who don't like the new models and their years of ownership. For myself, my 1st new Harley was a 1984 FLH, bought on August 24th, 1983. I remember that because I bought the bike on my wife's birthday. So that makes the 2014 models, the 30th year I've been looking at new bikes with quite a few bought in between. Not to say I don't go back further than that in loving H-D's. I still dream of owning a Dual-Glide. In any event, my opinion that what I personally consider the "look" of Harley-Davidson slowing becoming blurred is just that- - MY opinion. I feel it's based on falling in love with a 1966 Electra-Glide when I was about 14 and always having THAT look in my head.
So anyway, I know from reading your posts that some of you who like the new models have had a Harley for 20 years. Overall, how does this stack up ?

Ok gimme a second to put on a goalie's mask

B B

That's an interesting thought Brian.  Visually and architecturally the differences this year cover the gamut from subtle to distinct.  So one's reaction might depend on where one is focusing.  But it's a neat concept to wonder if someone who has been interested in these things and noticed them for a long time has a significantly different reaction to them than does a newer rider.

We've discussed here before that new/younger bike owners have a different take on the machines and their reactions to QC, company, etc.  So the differences here between, well.... old farts like us and a much newer and/or younger rider without a vested emotional and personal guideline they are used to is an interesting issue.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »

Nice ride, the filler between the saddle bags and the fender appears to be open in the middle, is that so? And where are the rear signals?

The area that appears to be open is, in fact, the rear signal...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #647 on: September 01, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »

Well, I finally got to see the '14s up close and personal today. We rode down to Killer Creek in Roswell and looked everything over.

I looked at a CVO Road King, a Street Glide, a Road King, a Breakout, a Dyna Wide Glide, an Ultra, and a Limited.

My impression now is: THESE NEW MACHINES ARE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! They really are.

The new lines of the front fender, the fairing and inner fairing, the saddlebags, and the Tour Pak are very modern and sleek looking.

I have never been a fan of grays... but this Limited in the Charcoal Pearl and Vivid Black looked absolutely gorgeous... very stately and elegant. Kind of an Anti-Honey Badger...

The colors are not as vivid as in previous years, though.... and the Amber Whiskey was a little disappointing. It just wasn't ORANGE enough for me. Pretty though, with a lot more yellow in it than I was expecting it to be from the pictures I've seen.

They only had the one CVO... the Road King. It was pretty, but for less money I would buy the Limited any day, and get a LOADED bike. Oh, and they had that SERK stickered at a whopping $33,499... $5000 OVER MSRP:vrolijk27: :stop: No thank you! I'd buy the Limited for $27K ANY DAY!

Ken

Smokey Mtn. H-D had a SERK @ 28 or 29,900
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #648 on: September 01, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

The area that appears to be open is, in fact, the rear signal...

Not on the few I looked at. The open areas between the saddlebag and fender are just that...open areas.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2013, 09:04:05 AM »

Not on the few I looked at. The open areas between the saddlebag and fender are just that...open areas.

Be a good place to put some more L.E.D. lights  :2vrolijk_21:
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #650 on: September 01, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »

Be a good place to put some more L.E.D. lights  :2vrolijk_21:
Or more speakers.  :huepfenlol2:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »

Nice ride, the filler between the saddle bags and the fender appears to be open in the middle, is that so? And where are the rear signals?

The demo one we rode yesterday had the standard Ultra turn signal bar on it. Interesting. I've read on one of the forums that lights are in the works for that area. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Also kind of curios how they're going to manage that with the International models. Don't some countries require amber turn signals?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #652 on: September 01, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »

Smokey Mtn. H-D had a SERK @ 28 or 29,900
St. Charles HD also has one at list.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #653 on: September 01, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »

The turn signals are in the tour pac light bar. The open area between the bags and fender are just what you see, open. Harley offers color matched fill-in pieces if you want to spend the money. I have been told that Harley is going to offer a rear turn signal kit for those that wish to remove the tour pack.

Regarding the Harley riding years question: I purchased my first Harley in September of 1989. Have purchased a lot of bikes over the years. My 2014 is the nicest riding dresser todate. I like the new design, have no issues with progress as long as it works.

Scott

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #654 on: September 01, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »

Seriously?  How lame is that....

I'd had the thought already that Rushmore (Rushed More) in a few areas had the impression that it was a bite bigger than Harley was ready to chew all at once.  Not enough design/engineering talent to do all before them all at the same time for the model year presentation.  That explained (to me anyway) the minimalist approach to the new SERK and seemed a far more reasonable explanation as to why the new Road Glide had to wait a year.  But, really, they didn't have time to implement a signal light so the just left the hole.... ?   

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »

Are we talking about the same area?  The area between the bags and fender - aren't those black area's on the fillers some type of lighting or reflector?  Or are we speaking of something different?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #656 on: September 01, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »

Are we talking about the same area?  The area between the bags and fender - aren't those black area's on the fillers some type of lighting or reflector?  Or are we speaking of something different?
Same area. It's just an empty hole right now. I guess to make it easier to stick a hose in there and wash the inside of the bags without taking them off.  :nixweiss:

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #657 on: September 01, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »

Or more speakers.  :huepfenlol2:  spyder
Then two in front facing forward and have true surround sound :huepfenlol2:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #658 on: September 01, 2013, 10:03:38 AM »

Heard of another oversight regarding the Street Glide Special. At the dealers meeting one of the dealers was trying to use the voice command feature, yelling at it, cursing it, totally frustrated with it not heeding his commands. One of the engineers saw his plight and calmly told him the voice activation feature required input via the microphone. Only problem, there is no input for a microphone on the Street Glide Special!  :oops:

On H-D's website it clearly boasts about the voice command feature. Wonder what else was overlooked?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #659 on: September 01, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »

They are indeed great big ugly HOLES, and you can look right in them and see the shocks, swing arm, etc.

Why wouldn't they have blocked these up with SOMETHING?

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.