Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: What was your first motorcycle and the circumstances behind it?  (Read 45564 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: What was your first motorcycle and the circumstances behind it?
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »

A 1969 Honda CT70, gold in color.  I was about 7 years old, and it was a hand-me-down from an older cousin.  47 years later, I am still as excited to ride as I was then.

Like this one?

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 07:14:18 PM »

I put many a mile on a red one like that when I was a kid.  Sure did love that thing!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 08:13:54 PM »

No pics but the first street bike that I actually used to ride to school was a 1965 Honda Dream 160 twin. Was grandfathers but he "upgraded" to a Honda 400.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

Ahhhh...the first one, excluding the mini bike lawnmower engine would be...

looks like the beginning of a CVO (with that chrome look to the tank ) 8)
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »

looks like the beginning of a CVO (with that chrome look to the tank ) 8)

Yeah, and he's already got that stance and attitude going!!  Oh, yeah...that guy's gonna ride a Harley one day!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

Same bike for me only mine was red and I was shorter :huepfenlol2:

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2015, 10:22:39 AM »

My Father was into motorcycles, so the first bike I rode was his 1957 Moto Bi, Binelli. I was 14 at the time. I wish I had a picture, it looked like a café racer. A year out of high school, I graduated in 1969, I bought a 69 sportster. My mother didn't like it, she said I couldn't ride it at night, yea right! The old man didn't say a thing. BTW my brother has the 57 Moto Bi. in his basement, in boxes, I've been trying to get him to put it back together.
RayZ

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2015, 07:20:21 AM »

y first bike was a Honda CB90. I was 13 y/o and i partenered with a buddy of mine to buy it. We worked at a local farm stand and were able to keep it in a barn there. My parents had no idea that i bought it, the first time i rode it on those dirt roads around the farm, it scared the heck out of me and i thought , i just made a big mistake, as i was about $40 into it. Then something happened that changed my mind on motorcycles for ever. The owner of the farm had a daughter named Candy, she was 14 and i was quite smitten with Ms Candy. She asked me for a ride, of course i was thrilled to take her, she hopped on and put her arms around my waist, pressed her chest into my back.... and i was hooked on bikes...that was 1967, i have been on bikes ever since...Thanks Candy!!! :2vrolijk_21:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »

y first bike was a Honda CB90. I was 13 y/o and i partenered with a buddy of mine to buy it. We worked at a local farm stand and were able to keep it in a barn there. My parents had no idea that i bought it, the first time i rode it on those dirt roads around the farm, it scared the heck out of me and i thought , i just made a big mistake, as i was about $40 into it. Then something happened that changed my mind on motorcycles for ever. The owner of the farm had a daughter named Candy, she was 14 and i was quite smitten with Ms Candy. She asked me for a ride, of course i was thrilled to take her, she hopped on and put her arms around my waist, pressed her chest into my back.... and i was hooked on bikes...that was 1967, i have been on bikes ever since...Thanks Candy!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Boy did that make me smile!  I remember those times!  Lemme tell you, a good back seat rider can make all the difference on your outlook, brother!  Thanks for the memories!
Harry

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2015, 05:23:03 AM »

Cool thread here! I think I posted something similar to this years ago except I was asking everyone if they could remember every single bike they ever owned or still do.

I was the envy of a couple buddies on my street because I started with a '77 CB 750 for my first street bike. A buddy up the street had an old TS 250 and another buddy down the street had a CB 550 so I felt like king of the hill with my bike. I'll never forget that day, I was 18 and pulled into the driveway with my big, black Honda all proud of myself and my dad says "Whose is that?" ... with a big grin from ear to ear I said "It's mine!!" ... he says "What???" ... I just laughed and told him it's true while dad tells me I need that like a hole in my head. The look on his face was priceless!lol.

It was a steal, I only paid $600 for it ... forget the mileage. I was driving a wrecker back then and I bought it from my boss's friend. I gave him a couple hundred down and he let me make payments on the balance so that was really cool. It had a couple broken spokes in the rear so I took it to a local guy that re-laced/trued the wheel with new spokes. I put new points in it, changed the oil, adjusted the valves, synced/re-jetted the carbs and put a 4-1 Kerker on it. I did all the wrenching on that bike myself with exception of re-lacing the wheel and it was a dream to work on. Lots of good memories with that Honda, it took a good whoopin' from me over the years and never once let me down. I would have to ask my mom if she has an old pic, cause I can guarantee my dad doesn't have one, lol. My dad was never into bikes, I wished he would have been because we could've had a lot of good times. I managed to get him on a dirt bike once, but it wasn't a pretty sight. That was the bike that started all my fun on the street.   
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Tractor Bubba

• Full CVO Member
  • Life's Short - Eat your dessert first!
    • GA

• CVO1: '19 FLHTK Ultra Limited - Silver Flux/Black Fuse
    • CVO2: '14 FLHRSE Road King - Tribal Orange/Galactic Black
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:57 PM »

1968 "FS" 100 Yamaha single.   Or I think it was an "FS" series...can't remember now.
After I got this used one (black one on the right), the old man went and found a '68
Yamaha "YR2" (I think) to ride along (red one on left).  I was about 13 or 14 I suppose.

I rode that little squirt HARD...burned a hole in the piston a couple of times.
But, Dad showed me home to fix it myself (the first time), and even that was fun at that age.

Moved up to an AT series 125 Enduro for off road and an RD350 (2-cycle twin) for the street.
Rode Yamahas until I got my first Harley (Sportster) in my mid 40s.   On #3 Harley now.

Sorry about the poor quality photo...picture is from June 1973...found it at Mom's this weekend
when I took the family back for her 80th birthday.

2019 FLFRTK
2014 FLHRSE6

hardcandy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »

If I only had some pictures to share.   My Dad was a really handy guy.   I don't know where he found it or if he made it but my first bike was a homemade frame with a lawnmower engine on it.   Throttle and a rear brake when you depressed it a metal flange pushed down on the rear tire.   Lots of fun.   Migrated from that to an Indian 50 to learn the mechanics of shifting.    Look at me now Pops.....

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2015, 07:59:50 PM »

This is not the exact bike but this was my first street bike.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

grtguy657

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

First bike 1972 S2 Kawasaki triple two stroke , very fast . Had Yamaha, Honda, and two Harley's since

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

A 1971 Honda CL90 at Kunsan Air Base, Korea. It was airlifted in a 600 gallon travel pod in the belly of an F-4D Phanthom from Misawa Air Base, Japan.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.